FIDM

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by MotherPalpatine, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I had forgotten about this until I just visited the San Diego boards. FIDM yearly exhibit so we must try and go. Look there will be Star Wars costumes:eek: And Hitchhikers, and King Kong, and Batman, and other stuff. http://www.fidm.edu/resources/museum+galleries/exhibits/motion-picture-costume-design/2006/index.html

We will work on this plan after in the coming weeks.
  2. Danakin_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 1
    I know it's late, but a few of us from San Diego are going this Saturday to see the exhibit. Hope you guys can make it. Dan
  3. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I just received a PM today concerning the FIDM exhibit this weekend. I think we had planned on trying to make the trip as a group in a couple of weeks but now am not sure. If we can get people together for this Saturday it would be great.

Barry has been asked about joining the Runway show that is held Thursday through Saturday. I'm still trying to gather information on this event.

And several in our group have been busy with our Renaissance Guild of which we are also members helping out with a Mardi Gras event. We keep busy.
  4. Danakin_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 1
    Go to the Rebel Legion Sunrider base forum for info on the show.
  5. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I have been in contact with Jedi Luke concerning the FIDM Runway Show and he has asked a few of us to attend, including Barry, Charles, and Lorenzo. As I stated earlier, I received a PM today that sent me to the Rebel Legion boards (shudder) to read up on what was happening.
    With the Mardi Gras this past weekend I was not paying to much attention to the FF boards so I know that this is short notice. But also on Saturday there will be members of San Diego and LA fan forces at FIDM, so is anyone interested on making a day trip to see the exhibit. Of course there will be several of us there already but the Runway shows are at night. We could do the exhibt and then hit the garmet district.

Those interested in reading about the Runway Show I am posting a link to the Rebel Legion. (shudders again)

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=5612&PagePosition=1&Replies=17
  6. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I usually look for any excuse to suit up in the Jango gear and the event does sound fun based on what I've read via the posts. However, a last minute awareness and invite creates difficulties.
  7. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Very true about last minute. I understand that they thought they could contact us through Rebel Legion or 501st. I think that is something we need to work on for the future.

Besides this will be last minute for going to FIDM also if the group wants to make the trip this weekend.
  8. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm probably game for Saturday night's show, but...

I'd be interested in seeing via post from any others who might be interested in being at FIDM this weekend.
  9. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    It was great seeing both MotherPalpatine and Crazy_Old_Wizard at the runway event this weekend! I was surprised Obi-Wan wasn't a part of the Rebel Legion (any 'good guys' like Ben Kenobi are welcome).

I've uploaded my photos from the event. Thanks again to MotherPalpatine for helping man my camera!

http://kay-dee.net/fidm_debut/index.htm

- Kay Dee
  10. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    wow. from me, who couldn't be there, thank you very much.

you guys looked GREAT.

11. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    awesomeness [face_hypnotized] those padme dresses are pretty amazing.
  12. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Kathy, thanks for the photos. they were great to see and share. I'm glad to have seen you again and hope thatwe get the chance to see each other soon.

Thanks
    Mother Palpatine-Bette
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.