main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fifteen Minutes ~ SJRS Wordless Romance Challenge~ L/M (Vig)~ Qualified! ~Author's thanks 7-1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Title: Fifteen Minutes
    Author: Divapilot
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker
    Time frame: Post-Union
    Summary: Mara and Luke must practice patience before they can reunite after her mission.
    Genre: drama/romance
    Notes: Written for the Wordless Romance Challenge in the Skywalker-Jade Revival Society.

There were fifteen minutes left. Luke glanced at the chrono on the communications display, then returned his gaze to the large transparisteel window that separated the two rooms. Behind him, the quiet room had comfortable chairs and a number of items designed to help people divert their attentions while they waited. Luke chose instead to spend his time waiting by the window, where he could see her.

In the room on the other side of the window, Mara sat on a small table, waiting with decreasing patience as the medical droid methodically performed its scan. Luke stifled a laugh as Mara glared at the droid, who was unswayed by her huffing. ?If you keep fidgeting like that, it?s going to have to start all over again, you know,? Luke remarked.

She looked up at him and frowned. ?I?m fine. I?ve been fine. This isn?t necessary.? She held back an impulse to swat at the droid. ?How much time is left for me to have to sit here? I?ve been in decontamination quarantine for two days and I can?t stand it.?

?Fourteen minutes,? Luke said.

The droid silently moved away and began to process the data. ?Send the results here,? Luke instructed.

?Oh, so now you?re a medic?? she quipped. ?Come on, Luke. Authorize the release now. I can?t stand it, just sitting here doing nothing.?

?Why don?t you read something or watch the holonet?? Luke said as the results began to appear on the display on his side of the window. In response, Mara actually growled.

?I heard you had company today,? Luke said, hastily changing the subject.

?Leia came over with the kids,? Mara said. ?They drew me pictures. Anakin wanted to play with the droid. I think he wanted to take it apart. I might have let him, if I could have.?

?Are these what they drew?? Luke asked, gesturing to some flimsies on the desk in her room.

She hopped off the examination table and strode to the desk. ?Yeah. They were cute.? Mara picked them up and walked to the window to show him. Mara pressed the children?s drawings up to the window.

Luke came up to the window and put his forearm against the transparisteel, resting his forehead on his arm. She lay her forehead against the window, directly across from his, and gazed at him.

?Nice pictures,? Luke said quietly. He raised his hand to parallel hers, which lay flat against the window as she held up the children?s drawings.

They stood there for a moment, not speaking. Mara?s breath slowed to match Luke?s, and as he watched her, he felt a quickening across their Force bond. He stared at her face, taking in the fair skin with the faint spray of freckles, the intelligent green eyes. Her lips parted slightly. He knew she was examining his features with the same intensity.

?Let me out. Come on, time?s almost up anyway,? she finally said.

He looked at her again, then broke away to check the readout the droid had sent him. ?Your autoimmune system is elevated, and there?s some redness around your eyes,? he said.

Mara sighed. ?I have a cold.?

?But you were exposed to Linuda fever,? Luke replied.

?Which I don?t have. I have a cold.? She broke his gaze, and moved away from the window to lean against the examination table. ?Did you ever find out how the disease got through the biofilters?? Mara asked.

?We have a theory. It seems the filters that the Zeltrons installed worked fine for the last few decades, until someone in the government decided to improve them.? Luke took his hand off the window and folded his arms across his dark red tunic. ?They thought that if they modified the biofilter to meet specifications that would favor Zeltro

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very very sweet. I love the subtle romance and the banter. :D

3. Jedi_Emeritus

Jedi_Emeritus Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 22, 2005
    Very nice. You knew exactly how they felt about each other without either having to say it.

4. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    That was perfection diva!!!!! Only you could do it! So sweet, completely understated but made me still just want to MELT!!!!!!

Love love love it!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

5. Dana-Skywalker

Dana-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    ?I?m sure you?ll throw your arms around me in fury,? he teased.

?Maybe even knock you to the floor,? Mara answered.

?If I yell out in fear, you?ll have to cover my mouth.? Luke?s eyebrows raised and the corner of his mouth quirked.

[face_love] Lovely, diva! The banter was superb, and you showed how L/M's relationship goes beyond the physical. In character, and beautifully written! [:D]

6. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    awesome!! That was great. I loved the subtlety. Awesome.=D=

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww....that was so sweet!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved Luke's worry over Mara and I hope she'll be able to forgive him for that extra "thorough" examination....eventually.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Too precious [face_love]

Awesome job =D=

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Infinitely better than having a glass wall separating them because she's in prison. LOL!

Luke took his hand off the window and folded his arms across his dark red tunic.

Yes! Not black. Not tan. Not brown. :p

Great viggie. Loved all the bantering, concern, frustration, anticipation, the whole ball of wax. ;)

10. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Have I mentioned lately how much I adore your writings? Probably, but I'll say it again :p[:D]

This fic is so much fun, yet at the same time it is romantic on many subtle levels. [face_love] Kissing and romantic scenes aren't the only way we see Luke and Mara-- in fact, most scenes I adore most are ones just like this. Bantering, teasing, occasionally torturing :p and simple.

Lovely job, as always, diva [:D]

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Too cute. [face_love] I just love how Luke's love for Mara showed in the way that he wouldn't let her get out of that last little bit she had left stuck in quarentine. It was just so Luke! Always wanting to be sure she's safe. [face_love]

12. Rivad_Bacar2

Rivad_Bacar2 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    ?I?m sure you?ll throw your arms around me in fury...? That has to be one of the funniest/most romantic lines I've read in a long time! Well done! =D=

13. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    ?Why don?t you read something or watch the holonet?? Luke said as the results began to appear on the display on his side of the window. In response, Mara actually growled.

That sounds about right. [face_laugh]

It's so sweet that the kids drew Mara pictures. [face_love] And I love Luke's teasing. Easier to do when Mara's locked up and can't actually smack him. :p

14. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Eyes: Thank you very much! Glad you liked it. Their banter is so sweet, isn?t it?[face_love]

Jedi_Emeritus: Thank you! Luke and Mara are truly attuned to each other, and they don?t need to say it to know it.:)

Irish_Jedi_Jade: Aw, thanks! Glad you thought it was melty. :D

Dana_Skywalker: Thanks! You?re right, Luke & Mara don?t need to be physical to prove their love. They do it through their actions and words. [face_love]

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: Thanks! I?m happy you liked it.[face_dancing]

KELIA: Luke always seemed to have an eye out for Mara?s safety, just like she did for him. And now they have something to look forward to when the quarantine's over. [face_batting] Thank you!

Aurrasingrules101: Thank you! Glad you enjoyed this. :)

Jedi-2B: Infinitely better than having a glass wall separating them because she's in prison. LOL!

I wasn?t sure what you meant by this until I read that vig. Honestly, who knew there would be two vigs with the same separation? [face_dancing]

Yes! Not black. Not tan. Not brown.

I did that deliberately -- about time Luke updated the wardrobe! [face_whistling] Glad you liked the details so much. Thanks for the reply!

Myriad_Daydreams: Thanks, Myriad! I?m glad you liked it. Yes, romance is taking care of each other, and that isn?t always expressed physically. There?s a lot of love in the teasing. [face_love]

Jaina_and_Jag: Thank you! Yes, I think Luke is a touch overprotective of her, but he has reason to protect her. And he?s taking his life in his hands by pulling rank. But he knows what she needs and she understands his motivation. [face_love]

Rivad_Bacar2: I?m glad you liked the bantering. It?s fun to write.:D Thank you for the kind reply!

Gabri_Jade: I love Luke's teasing. Easier to do when Mara's locked up and can't actually smack him.

LOL! Maybe that?s making him a bit bolder. There?s such an undercurrent of true affection between them, even when they are teasing each other. They feel comfortable enough with each other to not feel threatened. [:D] Thanks for your reply!

[face_hugs] Thank you for the noms!

15. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    I'll tell you what I liked about this one. (Besides the L/Mness--you're always superb at that, and I completely agree with the above reviewers.) I like the tidbit about the Zeltrons. How cool is that! Anthropology and biochemical engineering. [face_love] I wonder how the 'pure' Zeltrons with the fever are reacting? Besides dying, I mean. :D Maybe there'll be a mass revolt, cultural change. Yay. :)

16. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I so thought I posted replies to this, but I guess I was having one of those 'moments' where reality is in question.

This is such a great response to the challenge. I know we say that often, but this piece is just classic 'divapilot.'

Bravo! =D=

17. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    furrylittlebantha: I like the tidbit about the Zeltrons. How cool is that! Anthropology and biochemical engineering. I wonder how the 'pure' Zeltrons with the fever are reacting?

Oh Furry, only you would see the engineering connection. [:D] That never occured to me; I was going more for the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" consequence.

Thank you so much for the reply and the kind comments! :D

Jade_Pilot: Thank you very much, sister pilot! I'm glad you enjoyed this piece. I think Luke would try not to worry her by teasing, even though he was concerned enough to keep her in quarrantine longer than either wants. [face_whistling]

Thank you to everyone who voted for this fic in the Beyond the Saga Summer Awards and helped it to qualify in the category "Best Response to a Challenge." I am truly honored.[face_hugs]

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Wait. How did I miss this?? I asked you if you had written anything new and I recall that you said... no. In fact, I think I could find the PM where you said that. No! No! No??? This does not look like no. In fact, this looks like wonderful. So wonderful, I have to read it again!

Congrats on all your noms!! [:D]

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Oh good - I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed it. [face_blush]

This was fantastic, diva! =D= I loved the banter and inuendo. [face_mischief] (And, of course, anything mentioning a Zeltron, lol.)

Congrats on the nom! It is well-deserved. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.