main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Fifth Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Alright, let's start the discussion for the fifth meeting. With the other meetings, some members may have wanted more of a notice to arrange plans. The meeting is scheduled for May 11th, most likely at 1 pm. Are we going to meet at the Wendy's at Hoyts again (not really again for most people 8-} ).

Another issue is getting tickets for AOTC. If the tickets go on sale early (like a week), we might have to have another meeting before May 11th so we can arrange who's going to wait in line with me. I can't wait in line by myself because I won't be able to get all the tickets.

Ok, let's finalize our plans early.

2. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm going to take the chance that it will be OK to repeat myself here. In the thread about AOTC at the Senator I had asked the question of when. As in, when do people usually start waiting to get tickets? Having never done the line wait thing before I'm kind of in the dark on this one. I know that people are already waiting, but in all honesty, how early does one have to be in line in order to be fairly certain they get tickets for the first showing? My son and I are very anxious to see AOTC on opening day. So...for example, if I get in line at Hoyt's at dawn on the fifteenth (assuming a 12:01 a.m. May 16 showing) is that early enough? Help!

M.M.

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    mon-mothma, sorry, I saw your post in the other thread and I forgot to reply. Thanks for reposting it.

Well, for Episode I, tickets went on sale a week early, May 12th. I went to Hoyts at around 7am that morning, there was already a small line (just a few people). The tickets couldn't be sold until 3pm. The line did get considerably longer. Close to 3, the theater let us and we continued to wait inside by the ticket booth. Then the booth opened, and you could buy up to 6 tickets.

Basically, if tickets go on sale a week early for AOTC, you should probably be there that day, Thursday May 9th. If there's a midnight showing, it'll be Thursday May 16th at 12am. But, for intents and purposes, it'll be Wednesday night.

So, in conclusion, you should buy tickets the day they go on sale. When this info has been released, I'll start a thread where we can arrange who's waiting in line and how to collect money for those that want others to buy their tickets.

4. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    The 11th., I think I can be there. Wendy's at Hoyts sounds cool.
    It is also our prom, by the way, I need a date. I will gladly take solicitations. We usually go out for Chinese food before hand. You also have to have skill for grabbing young ladies wearing skimpy prom dresses and inform them that they are dancing inappropriately. I'll handle the guys! ;)

5. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks, Mogook! BTW, what does your user name mean?

M.M.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    mon-mothma, my user name comes from a newsletter I got in the mail once. They put my last name as "Mogook," which doesn't really look like my last name. I just thought it was funny that they got my name so wrong.

7. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    I'd like to come to the next meeting...what should a newbie like me do to prepare? I mean...is there a dress code? Will I be forced to face the trials? :)

Seriously...any info you can spare for those unfamiliar with everyone here would be greatly appreciated.

8. General_Max_Veers

General_Max_Veers Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    Hahaha, no, there's no dress code, nor is there any hazing. [face_laugh]

Though it might be a good idea to wear something SW related the first time, it's really not necessary. Most of the regulars know each other (and in some cases really know each other ;)). Plus, a lot of our pictures are on Mogook's website. Just look out for some of us and Isbeth's SW bag of goodies! :D

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, it might be a good idea for you to wear something SW related. That way we'll recognize you.

But don't worry, there's not anything you have to do to prepare. If you have something you wanna discuss, just bring it up. We're a pretty laid back group. Also, we'll probably eat some lunch together there, so come hungry if you want.

10. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Im gonna get some $.99 nuggets.

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Yeah, it might be a good idea for you to wear something SW related. That way we'll recognize you.

If you're a guy, come dressed in the Leia bikini. You'll be recognized.....by the police. I'm thinking if you see someone dressed as a Wookie or Vader, you can rest assured they're probably there for the meeting. 8-}

12. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the Council:
    I want to deeply thank you for hearing my petition of doing the meeting on May 11th. I feel very anxious to attend. There is one flaw I would like to ask: where is that place? The Wendy's at Hoyts. Is there any other meeting place? Since the planning is being done in advance this could really help.

I will be ready to attend with my regular Jedi Robes, in gray and black colors. But is someone else coming with attire? It should be a good idea. There might be more Padawans/Pilots/Senators/Sith Apprentices/Etc that would like to join us.

Chalarka: "The more we can gather, the better our chances to fight back. We need to get together and join the Jedi Forces for one single attack."

Frinportin: "But Chalarka, how are we going to recruit more people for our cause?"

Chalarka: "We will go into the heart of the cities. We will talk to each and everyone of the people that live there. We will motivate them by our feelings of freedom and will bring them the feeling of victory."

Grenkish: "Also, we will tell them the truth."

Frinportin: "What truth, old man?"

Grenkish: "That there might be new Jedi amongst them. That our enemies might have machinery, but we have more numbers. That freedom is not a luxury, but a right. That the oppression they feel and suffer can be exterminated by joining hands. And that there could be Peace in our world."

Chalarka: "You all heard the old man. Gather your things and dress up. We are going to spread the word."

And about the AOTC movie, I don't know if I'll be able to go. Nevertheless, I will try to see it in my area if there might be a chance of getting it free. :) I will be entering the board, frequently, to learn where the place for the 5th meeting will be. I will be looking forward this meeting.

"Luke, see you at the rendezvous point."

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe_Naz-mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    Charm City Council Forum
    Baltimore MD

13. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, my weekend schedule has been cleared, permanently, so I'll most likely be able to attend this next meeting.

Maybe the Wookie will even accompany me!

Mogook, re-post directions in this thread!

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Mutt, that's great you'll be able to make it.

The Wendy's is adjacent to the parking lot of Hoyts on West Nursery Road. I'll look for some specific directions.

15. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Specifics would be nice. I know nothing about the location of Hoyts... don't get to Balt. much.

As long as the weather isn't gruesome, heat wise, I'll bring the true Mutt aka The Wookie!

16. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Mogook:
    I tried to look for West Nursery Road, but found only Nursery PL on Baltimore MD trying getting the maps. What is the specific area on Baltimore that West Nursery is in? Is there any other know street in the area? Or a very well reknown store (Wal-mart for example)?

May the Force be with you...always.
    Fipe Naz-mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    Charm City Council Forum
    Baltimore, MD

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The address to Hoyts is:

1591 West Nursery Road
    Linthicum, MD 21090

Wendy's is in that same parking lot. If you look on a map and wanna make sure you're looking at the right location, you should see Andover Rd off of West Nursery.

18. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Where are you coming from muttandsolo?
    Maybe, depending locations, we can arrange to travel in groups. Not necessarily means carpooling.

"The first transport has gone through."

What do you day people? That way those that don't travel much to Baltimore, can do a caravan... :)

Fipe Naz-mero,JK
    USA-NE REGION
    Charm City Council Forum
    Baltimore, MD

19. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
    Not really to do with the fifth meeting, but I thought after the third meeting, Charm City was "official". If that is the case, why doesn't the listing for Baltimore on the Northeast cities page have a name for the group beside it?

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    No reason, the admin's just have to be notified. When I get a chance, I'll tell them.

21. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
  22. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    Is there a tentative date set up yet for the fifth meeting? I'm also a faithful Senator fan. I've never been to Hoytt's. How does it compare? Is there anyone waiting in line for the senator?

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    The fifth meeting is May 11th.

24. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    http://baltimore.citysearch.com/

This is what I used to find directions to Hoyts the last time I went. The theaters are already in them, all you need to add is the address to your home and it leads you right there. It gave me perfect directions right from my door in Martinsburg, WV.

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Fipe,

I'm in Hollywood.

This should be an exciting meeting this time around! I'll be there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.