Fifth Meeting

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by Mogook, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapno Krei Jedi Knight

star 3
    Funny, I've been a forum member longer than most of you, but this is probably only the 5th message I've ever posted (I'm more of a regular on starwars.com).

Just wanted to say that, my schedule permitting, I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday...
  2. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Sapno, hope to see you there.

Yes Karthio, you can just start attending meetings. Sorry that you can't make this upcoming meeting. We hope to see you at the next.
  3. orangerful Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ack! Silly me agreed to work on saturday this morning ! dagnabit. Guess I'll have to wait for the next meeting.

is this the only way you guys communicate, via this message board? There are so many things to read! Maybe once I am a member long enough I'll know what sections to go to first...

Have fun on saturday! I guess I shall meet some of you at the Senator show. Always happy to make new Star Wars friends!

Toodle pip
    Sam
  4. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, this is where we communicate. For now, it's probably important for you to check the first page of posts.
  5. kasjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    There are alot of posts right now...let me make sure I have this right.

The meeting tomorrow, Sat. the 11th, is at 1pm at the Wendy's by the West Nursery Hoyt's theater in Linithicum (sp?).

kasjedi
  6. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    You have it exactly right kasjedi. See you there.
  7. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey gang, I need your help. Magook was kind enough to link to me to a map site to allow me to get to the meeting on 5/11. Unfortunately, computer illiterate me cant figure out the directions. If some one would be to kind to post or pvt message me with directions to Hoyts Nursery (Wendy's) I would greatly appreciate it. I know where the Annapolis Mall is......and the Rt. 50/Ritchie Hwy junction. Any directions from either of those two points would be GREAT!! Thanks in advance.

Ian
  8. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    If you know where BWI is, you can find Aviation Blvd, and off Aviation is Andover Rd (which is at a light). You go down Andover until you get to West Nursery. Make a right on to West Nursery. I know these are kinda vague right now, I'm sorry. Later on I'll try to post some more detailed directions if no one else does.
  9. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks man! I would appriecite it. I'm kinda stupid the first time I try to go anywhere. (And city driving scares the sith out of me)
  10. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    The meeting today had a wonderful turn-out. In attendance were sithspawn, kasjedi, Mogook, BigBroadcastah, Sapno (with a friend), Isbeth, DRK_HLMT, and mon-mothma (with her son).

We had some great conversations dealing with the star Wars books, the end of the world, and other general movie discussions. Oh, and another point: The new Star Wars cereal is good.

For those that are going to Annapolis Crown for the 12:01 am showing, we decided that we'd call Crown and find out when they'll let us into the theater (since only Star Wars should be showing in there). Also, sounds like most of us will be getting there around 7pm or after.

We have some very generous members: sithspawn had a few programs from Celebration II, DRK_HLMT provided burned copies of the Holiday Special and Hardware Wars, and Isbeth (Mistress of Hospitality) provided Doritos, and showed us the new Anakin Journal book and she provided Episode I goodie bags for the Padawans. :)

We're also planning on seeing AOTC again at Hoyts West Nursery on Saturday the 18th. I think the showtime is 3:20, but this is still under discussion. There's already a thread on this.

Soon, we'll start discussions about our sixth meeting which will take place sometime in June.
  11. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Padawan and I had a real nice time! We're planning on attending the Hoyt's viewing on the 18th and look forward to the next meeting. It was great to meet all of you!

M.M.
  12. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    Any discussion about meeting places in general, or the other items that were to be addressed.
  13. Sapno Krei Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to say it was great meeting you all yesterday. It's rare that I ever get to really "geek out" about STAR WARS with other fans. You really got me pumped up for this Thursday. Sorry my friend and I couldn't stay longer...

Oh, and that STAR WARS Holiday Special *is* as bad as I've heard. Somebody, please burn my eyes out!
  14. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    I guess there wasn't any discussion?

P.S. Hope everyone has a nice mother's day.
  15. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not to fret.....the message boards are ALWAYS light over the weekends.
  16. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    well, I guess it wasn't discussed.
  17. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Seeing that we couldn't get a hook-up to the internet and do the chat thing to include everyone in the descision of the next meeting place, it would be better to discuss meeting times and places here on the forum. Mogook will create another thread for meeting #6 and we can ALL discuss where and when the next meeting will be held. That way everone in the group can have input.
  18. Sapno Krei Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here's the URL for the STAR WARS GALAXIES MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ROLEPLAYING GAME which was discussed at the meeting:

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/

The scope of this video game is staggering. Be sure to read through the FAQ and take a look at some screenshots.
  19. saerah Chosen One

star 7
    I checked that online last week--it looks really interesting, the Galaxies RPG thing that is.

I've been talking with some others from my region and have been considering starting the "Western MD FanForce" Chapter...but I want to include the parts of West Virginia that are within the region as well...so I guess coming up with an appropriate title is something that will have to be done.
  20. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    You can continue to post in here. Even though the last few meetings have catered to one area, this forum is available to everyone. You can post topics in here that deal with your region.
  21. saerah Chosen One

star 7
  22. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Here is the site to the Star Wars Combine if anyone is interested. It's a RPG game played on the internet and I'm playing it until Galaxies arrive. It's REALLY...REALLY intensive and can consume a better part of your day. You get to create a character and play him/her along in this universe in real time. You get to pick your race and add your skills and write a story about them among other things. It's a lot easier to join a group than it is to be on your own. I'm with the Wraiths, a mercenary group who joins whichever side offers us the most amounts of credits. Just check it out if you?re interested. I'm just now starting to scratch the surface and I've been playing for three months now. I warn you though, some of the things aren't working and it is still a work in progress. If you don't have patience, this is definitely not for you! :D

23. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Since I am right in the middle I can hospitalicize wherever.... :D.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.