main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

fight 1 and 3 of 3 of...no thats it

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by redfox45, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfox45

redfox45 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2006
    One of the main excitements of episode 3 were the fights that were lined up

YODA VS SIDIOUS
    MACE VS PALPATINE/SIDIOUS
    DOOKU VS OB1 AND ANAKIN
    GRIEVOUS VS ...just ob1 (rolls eyes)
    AND OF COURSE THE BIG FINALE

Now I knew that the finale was going to the most exiting but I didn?t realise how boring the other fight were going to be

first of all there was the man who had proven that he was a worthy match for the one and only yoda vs the two heroes which I was really looking forward to seeing (especially with it ROTJ style). I thought the fight started off cool with dooku taking them both on and pretty much not breaking a sweat, but all of a sudden it was just dooku and anie 1 on 1, I thought this was not a good idea even if his powers HAD "doubled" dooku would have been a bit harder to beat. I always predicted it to be where dooku takes them both on and while dooku plays with OB1 anie looks at his hand, gets pissed off (images of mother and flashback of OB1 on floor in episode 2) and force chokes dooku as he is about to finish off OB1 and on the way home OB1s like "that?s not the Jedi way" with palpie smiling or something along those lines. Also the fight seemed to be over pretty quickly and the whole thing just seemed a bit rushed.

I wont bitch about the grievous fight again but you know my thoughts on that (I was looking forward to that fight the most so was very disappointed when saw it)

Then was the 1 that I thought was too be interesting mace (who we hadn't seen in action yet but was supposed to be a hands on yoda) vs palpatine. As soon as palpie did that spinning dive I was like "its on baby!" but there was then this weird 70's looking 'cut to this cut to that' part where palpie just stabs them while they just stand there but I didn?t mind that too much as long as the main fight was good, but what the hell was that?! Some slightly more flexible version of the episode 4 fights I know that it was supposed to look more of a disciplined master fight but to me it just looked very un...flowy and didn?t really seem to peak and on top of that it lasted like one and a half minutes (I was starting to get fed up with all these quick fights) I think that the mace fight should have been more like the dooku/Anakin fight like that bit with the wide shot where they are really going at it across the room (I loved that bit it was the wrong fight to have it in)

I suppose I can?t really complain about the yoda sidious fight, it was pretty much what I expected it to be but again it could have been a bit longer

But I will say that the ?battle of the heroes? fight was fantastic and better than I ever imagined it would be but I suppose that to the future generations who see the saga 1-6 it will be a but of a downgrade but I suppose you can say that OB1 was old and out of practise and Vader was...well a mangled half droid corpse in a suit

I think that Lucas should not have promoted these fights as much as he did due to how ?get em out the way? they were and you cant blame it on time, Lucas is a big fish in the movie business and I?m sure that if he asked the man would have made it longer, I mean its star wars!

Now don?t get me wrong I did like revenge of the sith but the fact that it had been built up for 20 odd years he could have made more of an effort in the fights department. I know that he was trying to make them all look different but I think he made them all a bit too different. I don?t think I would have minded as long as they weren?t all EXACTLY the same, there are a lot of things you can do with a sword fight I actually enjoyed the Ryan Wieber fights more than fight 1 and 3 put together, and that was just some 12 year old making a fan movie (if you don?t know what I?m on about go on you tube) Lucas had enough money to make sure this doesn?t happen I just wanted to get that off my chest....i looked forward to that film for so long.

2. redfox45

redfox45 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2006
    has anyone even read this? in a nutshell mace vs sidious was crap and the dooku fight was unrealistic and they were both too quick

3. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    You need to read the books. They explain WHY the fights are the way they are. And stop swearing in posts. Young people post on here and and there is just no need for foul language on the boards.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I read the entire thing. Some very good observations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.