main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Fight Against Kidney Cancer TK-0076

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    At Celebration III, I learned about Garrison Carida's CO Jeff Romanoff and his fight against kidney cancer. Follow this link to read more about him. I just ordered 2 of the green ribboned Stormtrooper pins that they put out to benefit thier CO and the Von Hippel Alliance to find a cure for kidney cancer. It will be a perfect addition to my other SW charity pins. I just wanted to put this out there in case there was anyone else interested in getting one of the pins.

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's an update from TK-0076 himself today on his progress:

Dear Friends,

I wanted to post a quick progress report. I'm home after my first kidney surgery. By the power of the TRUE Force, and the amazing surgeons, 60% of my left kidney was saved. 30% and a high chance of dialysis was expected. I am blessed.

I'm home for about six weeks recooperating, then it's off to the pod races to completely remove the right kidney. Bottom line, since they did soo well on the left, I should be 100% by December, able to return to full police work, trooping, be cancer free and not needing a transplant or dialysis. Wow!!! Got that all?

Thank you all for you prayers, support and well wishes.

May the Force be with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.