main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fight Club: The Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Z-95, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z-95

Z-95 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2000
    Fight Club: The Game from Chud.com

There are five ways to take news of a video game being created based upon Fight Club, a film that lives high on my 'Top Ten Films Ever' list:

1. Hate. One could feel disdain about a piece of consumer entertainment being created about a film that attacked consumers. Viciously. One could moderately get away with a little pent up defiance about this twist of fate.

2. Elation. The fact that Fight Club's come this far is rather amusing and nifty.

3. Confusion. Aren't fighting games a rather tired lot? Isn't the film about so much more than punching and being punched? Is it possible to make this game interesting?

4. Incredulity. "This has to be some kind of joke", you scoff.

5. Poise. Like Dennis Haysbert would. With dignity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fight Club is a one- to two-player game featuring several characters from the movie, including Jack and Tyler. The 3D hand-to-hand street fights appear to take place in fictitious and movie-based environments, and following the same rules as the movie, the brawls end with a tap out, or when an opponent can no longer defend him or herself."

where the original story appeared
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sounds kinda iffy [face_plain]

but ohh well, i'd try it at least once :)

2. The_Last_Gunslinger_

The_Last_Gunslinger_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    I cannot believe they are making a game out of a piece of art.

Fight Club was never about "fighting" per say, and to make a game that all it is is fighting....

I really....cannot believe this....

3. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Hey, remember the rules?!? You DO NOT TALK about Fight Club!!!

4. Z-95

Z-95 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2000
    yeah, everything that the movie was against, they are going to do it anyways. oh well.

i would find it funny if there was a hidden mode where you can beat yourself up.

also in the pic that is on those sites is kind of weird. even though it is a mock up, i find it funny that the person who made that pic put Tyler VS Jack. i guess that is what the person belives. that Jack is Ed Norton's character. :)

5. WildCard

WildCard Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2001
    homoerotism at its best

6. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I can't beleive that the person who wrote this great story would allow such a thing. Unless he/she did it for the ironic twist of fate hopeing most of us who understood the movie would shun the game.
    But it's probably not that profound, it's just all about the green.

Would someone please beat me up right now.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    [face_plain]

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.