main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fight the Tide Part I: Would-Be Worlds (H/L) UPDATED June 24, 2003!!!! (About time!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RogueSticks, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Well, I have an extra moment, so I thought I'd drop by here to tell you that I'm still alive and somewhat well. I'm happy, I will be getting out of school for the summer in a little more than 30 school days. And do you know what that means???? More time for the boards! Hurray!!!! I won't be the horrible beta anymore!

Anyways, I can't wait for the next post to end up in my inbox!

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    *whispers* Up... upppp....

I am the post whisperer.

Upppppp....

3. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Solo_Skywalker But what is this... Han a traitor? No, no surly not, I mean its Han Solo... Oh dear!
    ::evil laugh:: Muahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa
    And before I forget, thanks for stopping by.

DarthMasan UP!!!!
    Thanks for the up DM

Silver_Solo Well, I have an extra moment, so I thought I'd drop by here to tell you that I'm still alive and somewhat well.
    YAY! I was getting worried!
    I won't be the horrible beta anymore!
    You've never been a horrible beta! I've been a horrible author what with taking forever and a day to write anything.
    Anyways, I can't wait for the next post to end up in my inbox!
    Keep your eyes open. I'm writing it right now and I might actually finish it tonight.

Sunshine I am the post whisperer.
    LOL!!! Thanks for the up. I swear, the next chapter is coming. I was a little stuck with it. Leia was very indecisive about how she wanted to react.

4. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Okay, first: Galaxy's Most Wanted and Princess Leia and the roof-capades! LOL! [face_laugh]
    Cute banter during that part. :)

Second: Wha-ho! :eek: What the- ?[face_plain] This is getting very exciting! What could Han be up to?

Plus, I like the way Leia went out looking for him and the frustration showing: Stupid nerfherder! Stupid, stupid nerfherder! great! :)

Good job, RogueSticks! :D Can't wait for more!

J_Girl

5. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Wow... where are you RogueSticks!? I need to know what happens! :)
    Uppity, up, up!!! :D :D :D

6. Kirana

Kirana Jedi Master star 2

Nov 13, 1999
    Ooh! Great stuff! But I want more... *sniffle*

7. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    J_Girl Second: Wha-ho! What the- This is getting very exciting! What could Han be up to?
    You're already asking that? Oh dear. It could be quite some time before you get an answer to THAT particular question.

Solo_Skywalker where are you RogueSticks!?
    I'm lost on the corner of ::squints up at the pole on the corner:: walk and don't walk. could you come get me?

Kirana But I want more...
    Wish granted. Chapter four is coming up in about five minutes.

8. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Wow. It's been well over a month since I posted this. I've had this chapter done and beta-ed for about 10 days now but I've been terribly busy with work. I haven't even gotten to reply to as many of YOUR fics as II'd like. I was going to wait and post this after I got home (I'm going out of town for three days for my cousin's wedding) but I decided to post it now. TA DA! Chapter four. Much shorter than the previous chapters but that's only because the end appeared on its own, it wrote itself. So, I had to do what the story and the characters wanted. Next chapter will be longer. I swear. Read and review. Or I'll kill off a main character. You don't want that now do you? Actually, I'm just playing. Just read it. That's all I require. Reviews are nice little warm fuzzies that can sometimes sway my decisions on where to take the story but more often than not serve to put me in a great mood. You all have been such wonderful reviewers thus far and I wanted to thank each and every one of you.

And as always, thanks to Puggy and Silver_Solo for the beta work.

Chapter Four

Leia pressed her back up against the rough bark of a tree and shook her head slowly in denial.

No.

Her vision seemed to swim and her pulse pounded loudly in her ears. Despite all of their battles and arguments, insults and teasing, deep down Leia found something intrinsically likable about the irreverent rogue.

Before she even realized what was going on, a work roughened hand clamped firmly over her mouth and a large body pressed her own tightly against the scream. With instincts finely honed after months on the run, she struggled against her assailant.

?It?s me,? Solo?s baritone hissed into her ear. ?You wanna be quiet??

Her body relaxed for a moment but only a moment; her brain refused to forget what it had seen and heard and she tensed up again. She didn?t struggle though her eyes glared accusingly at him from beneath his hand.

For an intensely long moment, he met her gaze unflinchingly. In his hazel eyes she saw something swirling that might have been guilt or apology or even grief. Whatever it was, though, was beyond her comprehension. He looked away.

?Later,? he mouthed more to himself than to her. Quickly, he swept his gaze around and cocked his head to the side as if listening. It was then that Leia remembered that he might very well have brought company with him and that she was still sandwiched between Solo?s body and the tree. She squirmed. He shot her a furious glare.

?Later.? This time to her. His hand shifted from her mouth to her hand and with his other hand, he motioned for her to follow and be quiet. Silently, stealthily, they made their way back to the accommodations the kivans had put up.

By the time the door closed behind them, Leia had regained some measure of her wit. The minute Solo sat down on the bed to pull his boots off, Leia stormed over and planted herself firmly in front of him.

?What the hell was that??

Beneath hooded eyes, he looked up at her and let a very small sigh escape. For a long moment, she thought he wouldn?t answer but then he shifted and gestured at the seat next to him.

?Sit.?

?No.? Her response was immediate. ?For all I know, you?re some Imp spy. And you want me to sit next to you? No thank you. I?ll stay right where I am. Keep in mind that I?ve got my blaster.?

?And I?ve got mine,? he said firmly. ?[iI]You[/iI] keep in mind that I?m a faster draw than you. If I wanted you dead, you?d be that way already. If I wanted you as a prisoner, I?d?ve nabbed you back in the woods. Or while you were sleeping on my ship. Or any other number of times I?ve had a chance to kill you or kidnap you or whatever. Now sit.?

After a second of hesitation, she seated herself on the couch as far away from him as she could get.

?All right,? she said stiffly. ?Talk.?

?What exactly do you think you saw out there??

?I saw a traitor. A man who?s turning his friends in for money or power or whatever the Empire has promised you.?

9. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    [face_shocked]

Worth waiting for! Great post!

More soon?

10. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    crystalrain Worth waiting for
    Aw shucks. :) Thanks.
    More soon?
    You want more already? Goodness but you're an insatiable little reader, aren't you? All right. I'm working on it. I swear.

11. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    *raises hand* I want more! Me me me me me! I want moooooore this of this little gem! It'a beautimous and heart-wrenching and a bunch of other adjectives I can't think of because I just woke up!

Yay, RogueSticks!

I trust you, Han. I don't think your an Imp. Because I love you and I know you wouldn't betray me or Leia or the Alliance. And because I don't think the author (*coughs meaningfully*) would do it, either, because I doubt that she is fond of pitchforks and angry villagers. Er, readers.

:D

12. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh, yay! You finally put this thing up. Hehe. You know I loved it. Han was so sweet when he told Leia he wanted to be her friend and Luke's... Aww..

Now, missy... My next question is: when do I get Chapter 5?!

Awesome work, RogueSticks!

13. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    You want more already? Goodness but you're an insatiable little reader, aren't you?

*is unrepentent* 8-}

Who wouldn't want more of this wonderful story?

14. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Tell him you trust him!

It's HAN for heaven's sake!

I trust him!

I'll be your friend, Han!!

15. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    GOOD POST! I really liked it!
    CAnt wait for more!
    DM

16. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Sunshine It'a beautimous and heart-wrenching and a bunch of other adjectives I can't think of because I just woke up!
    ::blushes:: Thank you! I'd say those are pretty flattering for you just having woken up.
    And because I don't think the author (*coughs meaningfully*) would do it, either, because I doubt that she is fond of pitchforks and angry villagers.
    ::looks out window at the fire-wielding villagers who've been flogged:: Uhhhhh....yeah. Sure. I'm adverse to angry villagers. And readers. ;-) I'm not going to give anything away but let's just say that you'll be simultaneously pleased and pissed when part I concludes.

Puggy Now, missy... My next question is: when do I get Chapter 5?!
    You too? Egads. You all know I'm horrendously slow at this.

crystalrain *is unrepentent*
    I'll take that as a compliment. ;-)

LadyPadme It's HAN for heaven's sake! I trust him!
    As doth the best wine make the sharpest vinegar, so doth the sweetest friends turn into the sourest enemy. But, on the flip side "A friend is one who is loyal when least expected." You'll just have to wait and find out what our dear rogue has gone and done. Muaha. Consider this payback for some of YOUR torture!

DarthMasan CAnt wait for more!
    Well that's at least three who've asked for more. I SUPPOSE I can get to work on that. ;-) Glad you liked it DM.

17. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    And readers. ;-) I'm not going to give anything away but let's just say that you'll be simultaneously pleased and pissed when part I concludes.

Um, you are planning on posting a Part II in that case, aren't you, RogueSticks ?

Oh count me in for wanting MORE :D I can't get enough of this story!

Leia: You know you're gonna trust him or at least go along with it until you can figure out what he's up to. ;)

J_Girl

18. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    J_Girl Um, you are planning on posting a Part II in that case, aren't you, RogueSticks ?
    But of course I am. There are three parts to this fic. It's the Fight the Tide trilogy. Part I (which is what I'm posting on now) is called Would-Be Worlds. Part II is tentatively titled Untouchable Memories. Part III is only an elusive little star right now so it's untitled as of now. So, this story could go on for quite some time. But, it should be quite an...interesting ride. I also guarantee that whatever you're expecting is not going to happen. I'm a very big fan of leading my readers in circles. You have been warned. ;-)

19. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Ooooh, a trilogy! I like the sound of that! :)

Circles, huh? Circles are cool, and triangles, and parallelograms.... not squares- too obvious... hmmm

::wanders off realizing it's time for her meds::

;)

J_Girl

20. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Ooops... I haven't checked on this thread for ages, bad me!!! :( Anyway, great post... still curious to know what Han's up too, but I TRUST him! *looks pointedly at imaginary Leia* :D
    Just a question, but how many posts are there going to be, roughly, for each part of this excellent trilogy? Can't wait for the next one! Keep up the great work RogueSticks! :D

21. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    J_Girl Ooooh, a trilogy! I like the sound of that! We'll see if you're still saying that at the end of this part.
    Circles, huh? Circles are cool
    I'm really really glad you think so. :-D

Solo_Skywalker Just a question, but how many posts are there going to be, roughly, for each part of this excellent trilogy? ::embarassed grin:: ummmm....I'm not sure. This one is actually just getting started. The trilogy is going to cover all the way from one month post ANH (where we started) to about one-month post ROTJ. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to move this thread over to the new board eventually. I don't want to, but by the time I finish this, everyone is going to be over there. :[face_sigh]:
    Anywho, glad you're liking what I've got so far. Trust him do you?....mmmm trust is such a fickle thing ;-)

22. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey RogueSticks. Thought I'd check all your fics out. I like this one.

UP.

23. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

::practices leviation skills::

UP! ;)

24. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Spike2002 Thought I'd check all your fics out. I like this one.
    Welcome to the story. I ask that you leave all weapons and fire-like objects at the door. Glad you like it so far. Oh, and thanks a bundle for the up. :)

J_Girl ::looks around guiltily and tucks new Sims Superstar CD-ROM under the bed:: I'm working on the next part. :) Thanks for the uppers. More on the way.

25. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    good, cause im still looking forward for an update...;)
    DM
    UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.