main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fighting Sounds

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by GeneralSkywalker, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralSkywalker

GeneralSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2002
    I am looking for fighting sounds for a fight in my upcomming movie. I checked through all the clips from the sound files extracted from Enter The Matrix from the Sound Bunker, but 95% were so short, they were less than 1 second and WMP would just scan over them.

I got a few but I was wondering if anybody knew of any others.

- GS

2. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Making your own sounds is fairly easy. I did it for one of our movies and the effects turned out great. Use a good mic and some celery. Put the celery on a folded up towel or pillow and whack it with a dowl about 1/2" in diameter. You good a good nice "whoosh" and "fwap" with some good crunching.

For body shots, just slap the towel with the dowel. (cool, rhymed.) I just recorded these into a mini-disc in my garage (pieces of celery will fly) and it worked out great.

--Jamball

3. FriarStrong

FriarStrong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    If you don't have the ability to make your own sounds, check the kung fu section of sound bunker. They have a lot of excellent whooshes and thwacks in there that are a lot longer than the etm extracts.

4. GeneralSkywalker

GeneralSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks guys. I dont know how I missed that Kung Fu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.