main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIGUEROA BADGE 3...PROTOTYPE HERE...ORDERING AND LIST THREAD

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I hope you are ready for a real treat...

This is one spectacular badge, it is the bomb!!!

Here is the links, one for video, one for still picture.

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/?action=view&current=Badge_Video.flv

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/Badge_Still.jpg

Enjoy and I will be taking orders soon. Once we figure out the price for each one. Again, we are making no money, we are doing it because we love STAR WARS!!!

***YODA AND LANYARD NOT INCLUDED***

This is the updated list as of 8-19-2006:

Grumpy_Jedi (x2)
    Underpaid_Soldier (x2)
    Darth_Nevoc a.k.a. Coven x2
    Darth_Djinn (x2)
    DarthBarbieDoll - 2 badges please
    DarthBreezy
    Cliodna_ben_Lhee 1
    Darth_Tofu (x2)
    Anapad_Nabooine (x2) depending on cost
    yodakarma (x2)
    LukeSkiewalker & MaraJadeRaven (2)
    buggyvirus1 (x2)
    movieboy (x2)
    lovelucas (x2)
    SSDExecutor (x2)
    Lufta Shif
    AmmersVI
    Phantom_Jedi (2)
    --Azrael-- (2)
    Tethys
    mrcottonsparrot (2)
    RebelMom
    lukestarkiller1977 (x2)
    JediJustin (x2)
    Navarre1095 (x2)

I do not have the price yet, still checking on circuit boards. Hopefully, the price will be listed by Wednesday or ealier.

Please feel free to add your name to the list if you want a badge. I will be taking a count here soon, just to have an idea of how many I need to make. Also, I will probably be using Paypal and money orders. I want to be able to offer two methods, just for those of you without Paypal accounts. Sorry, no personal checks, to cumbersome.

[face_alien_1] [face_alien_1] [face_alien_1]

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Sweet - I am on the list and my wife and I can hardly wait to get them! I plan on wearing the Fig badge with my C3 and C4 admission badges & Hyperspace lanyards.

3. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    This is for Amidala, Lavenderrose, Grumpy Jedi, etc... since the other board is locked. It is the only time I will mention this, so please take it for what it is and don't get all ramped up.

Amidala has done exactly the right thing, and has been very thorough. I never would have made the suggestion if I had known Uno had already 86'd the idea of badges for the staff. I obviously didn't, so I forged ahead and made the suggestion. I have been to many SW, Trek (both groups I find EQUALLY "uptight", BTW! :D) and professional conventions for my job, where the various hotel staffs have exclaimed over badges, cause ribbons, favors, etc., and were floored when we just gave some to them. This small kindness was DEFINITELY reciprocated, and I'm not talking about foot massages or strawberries or anything like that. Like lavenderrose, I would have absolutely contributed to any additional badge cost. I'm not AT ALL suggesting that anything be given for free, if the cost is prohibitive. Having worked with hospitality coordinators, however, I have long discovered that a "little goes a long way," if you do something like that.

Anyhoo, I'm glad it's settled. I'm of drinking age and proud of it! I have a digital camera and will gladly take photos. I can't wait to meet all of you.

Caryn B.
    The Parrot

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I just wanted everyone to know that I asked to have the last thread closed down. I did this so I have less to keep up with. I already have 3 threads that I keep up and with all that I am doing right now, ie...the badges, taking care of my kids, and other personal stuff, it would just be too much for me. I am sorry if I offened anyone over my soapbox speech, but I was trying to address many issues so quickly at one time. At this time, it is not just a matter of costs, it is a matter of time. Soldering wires is a time consuming project and I really, at this time, only have time to make around 100 badges. Anyway, my sincerest apologies and I love all ya guys so please do not take offense. As always I cannot wait to hook up with all of you at C4...It will be an "EXPLOSIVE" event. I have been trying to finigle that line in somewhere. I wanna TM it for the convention. How's this:

C4: A "FAN"Tastic EXPLOSION of Star Wars...LOL

=D=

5. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, sounds good to me. And Ami, don't worry, you personally have never offended me in any way, shape, or form. I don't think you have anything that needs to be apologized for. Like Mrcottonsparrot said, we simply had no idea, and you didn't ridicule anyone regardless of their ideas; only told us what the scoop was and that this time it just wouldn't work out. Heck, you aren't just sliding cards through a laminator! I understand. I would just feel better if some people (not you, Ami) would be more careful with how they come across to others. I have read some biting remarks, and not just to me. I can understand stating one's view if it's with regard for the other's feelings. I assure you, Amidala, you have done just that from the beginning. Not only am I sensitive when others disregard my feelings, I am also easily hurt if someone else (such as ohhh....say, Clio?) is treated less then that person ought to be.

I may look like I'm dragging this on, but some people have expressed concern of possibly having offended others and I wanted to vouch for Parrot. She just wanted to suggest something nice if time and money permitted, and put downs by others couldn've been avoided. Let's make everyone feel like what they have to say is welcome and appreciated please, even if someone needs to be informed of conflicting matters, as Amidala has done.

@};-

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Group hug!!!!!!!!!!!!

-GJ

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]

8. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    It is nice to see the guys following my example. :D

Now that we have all hugged and made up, lets move on and talk about SW, the Fig, and those awesome badges!

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Top 5 necessities in life:

1. Food/water
    2. Shelter
    3. Clothing
    4. Star Wars
    5. Fig hotel badges

Feel free to re-arrange those 5 in any order you wish.

10. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Don't know about you but I could "live" without clothing. It IS possible.

-GJ

11. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I at least, need to wear a Lightsaber

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Ohhh I see your schwartz is as big as mine!!!

13. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Funny! Not true, but funny.

14. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh, for heavens sake! :rolleyes: ...but I'm in [:D] . What are the chances that anyone will be called from the waiting list? My stay here is not yet guaranteed.

@};-

P.S. I need my clothes, including my long skirts. ;)

15. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    You have pretty much summed it all up, JediJustin. There is no need to reorder the list. Me=:-B

[off topic] Hey, Fellow Fig Badge Wearers, I just bought a new car and want SW related custom plates. Any suggestions? [/off topic]

Lufta Shif

16. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    What about a bumper sticker that says "Sith Happens"? I think it's copyrighted, because my local fellow fans were thinking of making it a logo or something like that and someone said they thought it was already taken by Lucasfilm.

Lavenderrose @};-

17. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Thanks for the idea. My state as a six letter / number limit. I asked for MTFBWY (Yes, this will only be understood by fellow SW fans.), Obi-Wan, Jedi, X-Wing, and OB1. I know these are probably already taken, so when the DMV gets back to me for some other choices, do you have any suggestions?

Lufta

18. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Well, I don't know about plates, but bumper stickers don't have limits like that. You could probably make your own these days.

@};-

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

Oh.. that's cool... not sure what to get.. let me think... crap, that's going to be hard with only 6 letters. I thougt that max was 7!!

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Here in NY, we can get either an 6-character or 8-character license plate (depending on if you have a logo on the plate or not).

6 Character: STRWRS
    8 Character: STARWARS

Works for me...

21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    SKIWKR
    IJEDI
    REDLDR
    SW4EVR
    GLDLDR

Just some ideas...

Edited to add that you can always add a license plate holder that explains it even further. My license plates say JDI GRL. I then have a holder that says Valeda Kor, Jedi Knight.

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    All good ideas. The possibilities are endless (well, for the most part anyway).

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Lufta - can you check online? Here in Washington on the DMV's site you can instantly check if personalized plate numbers are availible.

MAVGRRL is off the roles forever because I never turned in my plates :)

24. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    That's the exact reason I lost PIMPDAD.... Grrrrr

-GJ

25. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Although this has nothing to do with the badges I would go with ICYODA
    That has always been my Fav. LOL It would be cool if you could do 7 because then you could say ISKYODA. LOL

Anyway back to the badges. I am placed down for two. I would like to up that to four please. I have two people who are staying at the fig as well and will need these badges.

so as a sum I want it to go from (X2) to (X4)

Thanks so much.

Awesome badges! I can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.