main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIGUEROA BAGES FOR CELEBRATIONS 4

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    This is a good exersise practice for hotels in London for those going to EC... ;)

2. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm not too worried about it. Then again, I'm not bringing my babies so I'm not too worried about myself. I slept in a VW Beetle for a couple of days while trying to secure Rolling Stones tickets... LONG before Ticketmaster was a website. =) I think I can handle pretty much anything, as long as it's clean.

3. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Amidala081499,

Glad you are feeling better. Obviously, Uno does not like certain questions. He probably feels that if you are asking a question about the room, than you have some doubts about the hotel. He appears not to like when someone has doubts about his hotel, so he lashes out. His email to you was probably out of anger and not logic. Ok not the best way to handle things, but I think this is why the hotel has so many complaints

4. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    What ever the case may be, at least we can say we are staying in a very unique hotel. :D

5. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    I think if you adjust your expectations, then you will be fine...

Well, although that may be true, I sure can't point the finger. We've all gotten used to red carpet service, and when I read that Amidala had gotten much less, I was naturally very defensive on her behalf. I don't like hearing other people being treated like dirt anymore than I like being treated so. I had one time verbally attacked a friend's mother when she'd told us a very hurtful, far-less-than-virtuous thing her mother had told her (don't worry; it's been several years and I've been more careful with my commnets since then), which goes to show seeing others mistreated makes me quite angry.

At the same time, I know I need to keep an open mind for a less accomodating, old fashioned hotel (for heaven's sake, I hope at least the customer service is decent while you're staying there!!!), and not worry about internet hook-up, especially since I was shocked at how much a lodge by a lake did have, including two free internet computers for us to access last April when I went to the women's retreat with my church. Darth Breezy and Lufta Shif are right; we need to be willing to step back in time for a few days and just appreciate what's there...but then I've been stuck back "somewhere in time" for the past month anyway...long story. [face_love] @};-

Lavenderrose73 @};-

6. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    True, no one wants a bad hotel experience when they are trying to have the best 5 days of their life (for others it may be longer)! Hopefully he is just under a lot of stress and the hotel will be great.

7. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    yeah I emailed Uno to verify our reservations, just wanted to make sure about our reservation and everything.

He sounded a little stressed and rather abrupt in his email, but eventually he did say that we were confirmed :)

8. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Dang, I hope he's nicer in person than he is from a distance. If not, I feel sorry for all y'all.

@};-

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey everyone...We seem to be having some issues trying to post the badge, but stay with me, we are having our dsl lines or something like that worked on. Everytime I try to send pics through the internet I get held up for hours. Also, we are probably going to post the badge on my husbands webpage. It will be much easier than having to go through a service. So bare with us, it will be up soon. You see between or phone lines and electrical lines, we have been Amish. One day I had to spend all day and night with candles and I missed Kyle XY because of no electricity. We run on a temporary generator while they put in a new plant. I think the dang thing is hooked up to the Taco Bell. Anyway, hopefully we will ave it up and running by Friday.

It does look sweet, and do we have a winner!!!

10. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, you can post a link that leads to the picture if you want. I just want to see it. Hope they speed up the electrical issues out there, and you just made me want some Taco Bell for dinner. Now I have to go out and get some. [face_pig]

Lavenderrose @};-

11. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    OH MY GOD! I can't get enough of the caramel apple empanadas... they are so the freaking bomb!!! And I can't believe.... I just can't believe I said freaking bomb!!! HAHA.. the only thing that would make them better is if they came in the shape of Star Wars characters. Okay, well not really. I had to throw that in there as to stay "on topic." :cool:

12. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    thanks for the update on the badges - looking forward to seeing them - but don't stress; we'll see them when you're able get access to show and tell.

13. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    The badges are awesome. I can't wait to get them!!!! I may add two more. LOL

14. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Amidala, the badge looks stunning! =D= I haven't posted in the C4 forum in a while so I wanted to reconfirm my interest in getting one. :)

P.S. - Staying at the Fig seems like it will be an experience to rival the convention itself, huh? :eek: I'm optimistic that the rooms will be fine for all of us and we'll have a great time. :)

15. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    P.S. - Staying at the Fig seems like it will be an experience to rival the convention itself, huh? I'm optimistic that the rooms will be fine for all of us and we'll have a great time...

I appreciate hearing that. I just don't like hearing negative stuff about something by someone who owns that something, so it's nice to hear it may be worthwhile if I accidentally get called and told there's room for me (whatever the chances of that are).

Been away for the past few days; I just took an acting class at a local agency and now I'm awaiting a personal evaluation and a chance to audition for representation by the agency. Wish me luck, y'all.

@};-

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wishing you all the luck in the world! =D=

17. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Thanks... So, still working on a link to the picture of that badge? If not, it's cool. I just want to know when it will be available. :)

Lavenderrose73 @};-

18. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
  19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, I'll do that. Any other posts can go there. Amidala, just make sure you check it for names, etcetera -- thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.