Indi, IN Figures and t-shirts and stuff, Oh my!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedimama, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimama Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Looks like the AOTC craze has begun. Early, as ususal, for K-marts across the state. For those who do not know, you can find the AOTC deluxe figures at most K-Marts, as well as the Dooku sabers and other fun misc items. :) I spoke briefly to a stock-chick this afternoon, who told me she was 'pretty sure' they had Star Wars shirts in the back and they would be out soon. I believe it, because 3 years ago I bought quite a few shirts for my kids WEEKS before they were supposed to be released.
    Boba Binks told me the 12" figs were available at the Meijer in Greenwood, too!
    For me, this is the fun part of SW fandom: Hunting and finding the cool stuff, knowing its the calm before the storm! :)
    I feel so naughty when I buy this stuff early. :)
  2. Shara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ooo I guess I'll be stopping off at Kmart on my way home ;)
  3. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    Your such a naughty Jedi...I hope K-Mart does not get the hand of LFL coming down on them like Wal-Mart did.
  4. Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I had a 'Dark Side' moment today! I was at Walmart and they had AOTC puzzles out!!!!!!!
    I bit my lips to shreds, trying not to look 'agitated,' grabbed some puzzles and headed for the check-out, trying to look casual . . . and the toy police found me out. I had to put them back.
    However, I did get the AOTC cereal!!!!
  5. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    You had to put them back?!!! I would have told them to CENSORED the puzzles straight up their CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED. CENSORED people. :mad:

*bans self*

:p
  6. Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I couldn't do that because I used up my quota of "Evil Anakin" potential over the last few days. Aunt Beru follows the rules.
  7. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    [face_laugh] I talk the talk here, but everyone knows I'd just give a disgruntled look and move along. No way I'd take them back to the rack though...First I'd play stupid (not hard) and ask them why they were out in the first place...then I'd just set them on top of the juicy fruit and walk out.
  8. Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I too got some cereal the other day. I fully intend to open it up and eat the Lucky Charms-esque cereal, but you all know that I'll save the box.
  9. Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh, maybe I did not make myself clear. They actually took them back, not me.
  10. Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes at Meijers in Greenwood they had the 121" Anakin , Obi-Wan, and Clone Trooper. There were three sets left when I left.
    Then at the K-Mart on West Washingotn St. I picked up the Deluxe Mace Windu / Battle Droid 2-pack, Obi-Wan, Darth Tyrannus, and Jango Fett. I need to get another Jango to open becasue one of the one's I have has a variation on the blaster guns.
    Tomorrow I am going to the East Side for lunch with a friend so I will stop at the stores over there.
    Happy Hunting.
  11. Shara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ooooo I want a 12" Obi-Wan!!!!

Ok that didn't come out right, did it? ;)
  12. leedega Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I went to the Greenwood K-Mart tonight and their shelves were bone dry. Don't know if anyone wiped them out, or maybe they just never had anything. I'm getting ready to leave work now to head over to Greenwood Meijer. If I can get an extra Obi Wan, I will pick it up for you Shara.
  13. Shara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oooo you so rock, thanks!
  14. SkylaFett Jedi Youngling

star 3
    They never had any thing. Let me try that again: THEY NEVER HAVE ANY THING. Believe me I live almost next door. Jedimama said she bought a Clonetrooper there, I still find that hard to believe. Not that I don't trust her I just know that K-Mart.
  15. leedega Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Stopped by Greenwood Meijer and didn't find anything. Mr. Binks, did you find the 12"er's with the other figs (Ultimate Soldiers, Harry Potter, etc)? I went up and down every aisle and couldn't even find a place where they might have been. I'm trying Southport Meijer and Target later today. Perhaps some luck or the force will be with me then.
  16. Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The 12" figuers were right under the Star Wars section next to the Monster's Inc game of Life.
    I know toymanIN got a set there yesterday also.
    If I see anymore on my hunts I will hide them for people in need.
  17. Jedimama Jedi Youngling

star 3
    *lol* SKyla, are you still bitter about that clonetrooper?? ;)
    Okay, I think this is an omen. :) Last time I spoke to Skyla, he told me that Greenwood was a lost cause as far a finding anything, then BAM - less than an hour later I score the preview figs at a K-mart right by his house. :)
    I'm seriously thinking of driving out there again now... hehe....maybe they only put out new stock after Skyla leaves. :D
    Seriously, I think this stuff gets bought out by the E-bay scalpers. Or maybe not. I was guilty of clearing the shelves when I found 8 Jedi Starfighters a few weeks ago. But historically - and I'm recalling what happened 3 years ago and what I have seen happening thus far this time- K-Mart seems to care less about the sell dates on this stuff. They get it in and it goes on the shelves.
    Well, I'm outta here.I have a date with a Meijer in Greenwood. Maybe I'll hit that crappy K-mart, too and pick up an AOTC Yoda or something... 8-}
  18. Jedimama Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Just got back from Greenwood. Nothing is left at the Meijer, except the Death Star Driod and Trooper. :( Oh well. I also stopped at the crappy K-mart down there and found...well, crap. *lol* Nothing but a few Episode I figures. I also stopped at the K-Mart and Meijer by Southport rd and found nada. A few preview figs were still at Meijer but that was it.
    Seems my luck has run out. It was bound to happen sooner or later. :)
    What variation on the Jango do you have, exactly Binksy..? That's pretty cool you already found a variation!
    Last night Conor and I opened up his new figures (a small victory for me - I finally talked my 9 year old in being a 9 year old and PLAYING with his toys instead of just hanging them on the wall in the box!!) We had a blast!! I had a little trouble getting the battle droid to stand up, but it was pretty cool - Mace can Force Blast him in half!! Woohoo!
    I felt like a little kid again. This is so much fun!
  19. Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    SUCCESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got some action figures today at K-mart on Michigan Road. Thanks for the tip, Binksy.
    I got Jangos, and Maces, and Obi-Wans. It was a beautiful moment. I think I'm going to cry . . .
  20. SkylaFett Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Make fun of me will ya.

ignites his lightsaber........I'll show you :p
  21. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That's cool. I'll be checking the Target, Walmart, and ToyWorks out in Plainfield today. I'll let ya know what I find...if anything.

Man, I can't remember the last time I actually opened a figure of anykind...sad in a way. Of course, I blame my good friend Tony who had every star wars figure when he was growing up. But I can't really be mad.
    The childhood wish for his toys made me what I am today - a diehard collector! Thanks Tony wherever you are! haha
  22. Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hello Dellow Fellogates! :)
    The Deluxe Jango I have has two different blasters in his hand. One is his and the other is shorter with a ball tip at teh end of the barrel.
    This morning I went to East Wash St. and at the K-mart there I picked up the Star Wars game of Life and some other one that comes with 31 little painted plastic guys.
    The South East St. K-mart = Crap!
    The one of West Wash. last night was sold out of all the figs. :( I went back so I could grab another jango but, no. :(

happy hunting.

Your favorite gugan, binksy!
  23. Shara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I got a call from Dawn about 15 min ago with music to my ears. She found 12 inchers and a bunch of puzzles. She was piling them into her cart as we spoke, so she'll have plenty to go around, but I'll let her make the official report on it. I was just so happy cause I'm getting a 12" Obi-Wan....that still sound bad.. :D
  24. Jedimama Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The Force is with me. :)
    I did indeed find the 12" figs at the Meijer on 96th street. There were 2 complete sets, I bought one for me, bought an extra Clonetrooper for Conor and Obi-Wan for Cari. I left the last Anakin, though. :)
    I also found puzzles. They are BEAUTIFUL!! I'm a puzzle freak. :) I put puzzle laminator glue on them and hang them as decorations. They had about a dozen different ones - Obi-Wan, Padem/Leia, (You'd love this one, Ron! Much ab action!) Anakin, Anakin/Vader, Obi-wan, Obi-wan/Ben, Mace WIndu, Count Dooku, Jango. Then they had little ones, too and I got all of the above plus Zam Wessel. They were 3.99 for the individual character puzzles and 4.99 for the ones that showed both Old and New trilogy characters. The mini puzzles were 1.50.
    All in all, a very good day. I cleaned them out of those puzzles almost entirely. I'll bring them to the Jedi Chicks thing tomorrow night to see if the chicks want any, whatever I have left I'll save for our trip to Reilly Hospital to give out to the kids.
    I'm happy. :D

Count Dooku is the preferred non-spoilerish name ;)
  25. Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Jedimama, you are a goddess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.