main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Figures and t-shirts and stuff, Oh my!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedimama, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Ooops - sorry 'bout that Seb. :) I forgot myself for a moment!
    *lol* Laura!! I'll have the puzzles tomorrow. I already put mine together. :)
    I decided to check out the Meijer on W 38th st tonight when I was picking up dinner. (Anyone here like Indian food? India Palace on Lafayette rd. is fabulous!!)
    Anyway, they have a FEW puzzles, 3-4 Zam figs, 3 Jango's and several RT-37's. I took the last Clonetrooper to add to my stash. :D (I'm thinking arena battle diorama!!) They also had a few games - SW Strategy and some Jedi Arena Battle game.
    No 12" figs though.

2. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    The TRU on 38th St. Had several of the Preview figs but no clone troopers.

3. leedega

leedega Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Dawn, India Palace was the first place I had the opportunity to dine on Indian food. They have great Chicken Tikimasala. Have you been to the new place on the south side called Shahi Dawat? Dinesh (the owner) makes the best food I have ever had. I usually go there once or twice a week. Oh, wait we were talking about figs. Sorry, it must be dinner time. :)

4. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    upon reading this thread, I ran out the door tonight at 9:30pm to my local (KOKOMO) Kmart and Meijer. K had Sneek Peek stuff if anyone still needs em and Meijer had 2 sets of 12" Obi-wan, Anikin, and Clone trooper. I bought a set of 3 and felt bad for leaving the remaining 3 on the shelf. However $70 at the register eased my guilt a bit. What an expensive Hobby I've taken up, but well worth every cent.

5. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Dawn, you should be an intergalactic bounty hunter! You can find EVERYTHING! (while you're out searching for figs, see if there are any nice single guys ... )

Anyway... back to the thread....
    I would LOVE some of the puzzles! My niece really likes to do them too, so that would be fun!

I guess I'll snatch some from you at JCs tomorrow!

6. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Another beautiful moment for the Naboo Queen!

I went to Meijer on 96th and got the puzzles for Mace, Obi, Ani, and Dooku, the Jedi lego Starfighter, the Genosis strategy board game and special edition Jedi Apprentice. To "cloak" my presence, I also bought two pairs of socks.

7. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    The Toys-R-Us in Greenwood (US31 S.) has the Jango Fett Slaae 1 in stock for $29.99. Thanks for the heads up Sebulba and jedichirp

There are many on the shelf and the stocker told me that they have more in the back.

8. leedega

leedega Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Finally I get a score. I stopped by Greenwood TRU and picked up the last Slave I. At least the last one on the shelf. Didn't ask if there were any others in the back. Now I just need to get EVERYTHING else. :) Thanks for the heads up.

9. TK1428

Mar 11, 2002
    I scored too. Just got back from Kokomo Walmart. All the boxes were out. Clearly marked with Bright RED Letters saying DO NOT SELL BEFORE APRIL 23. (Nay Jabba No Bother.) We used the Jedi Mind Trick on an associate to Open the boxes for us, making him believe that if the boxes are out, they are to be stocked tonight. (You will open these boxes and sell us the merchandise inside.) He fell for it. He then got a manager to approve it. We did the same to him...Jedi Mind Trick. They wouldn't ring up (they are probably the same price as the other figures. $5.88) so He scanned them and they rang up on the scangun, $5.88. As we went through Checkout Nothing rang up. We thought we were dead in the water. They called for a manager in toys. (I've got a bad feeling about this) It was our same guy, who swore up and down they were OK. They manually input the figs into the register. SAFE! (I told you it would work.) HOME FREE! "send us on our way, Move along."

We escaped with Anakin, Padme Amidala, C3P0, and Jango Fett. AND we found an Anakin Blue Lightsabre.

10. BILYOUMAUL

BILYOUMAUL Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2001
    Did anyone pick up an extra deluxe Count Dooku? I would like one. I am having no luck at the Kmart or Meijers. I am burned out in looking right now.

11. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey all, i'm over at the Cincinnati board, but i'm originally from Greenwood. I graduated HS in 98, anyone around my age there???? I can't believe you all are finding that stuff back home. I got a case at the walmart in greensburg, and about half a case at the walmart in greenwood/southport the night/early morning of easter. I've got 14 figs total, but no yoda, no count dooku, no deluxe, no ships.... My fiancee will be going home to greenwood this weekend, should i have her go look any certain place, does the tru still have slave 1's???? Help me hoosier daddies, your my only hope

12. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey padawan_schlicher, welcome to the Indy Forums. I can't answer your questions because I don't know. I figure, though, from what has been reported that you might not have any luck due to the fact that we have rabid scalpers that jump at the whisper of Episode II toys...and we also have our master huntress Jedimama.

But hey if you're coming home this weekend, i think you should come to the Children's Museum and meet some of us. We'll be in costume.

13. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    no, i won't be coming home, my fiancee will, and i don't think she has time to run up to indy, she'll be mostly on the southside/greenwood. We will definately come check out the exhibit and try and do it on a weekend so we can see you all...We will be at C2 also, and most likely at the fanforce party

14. TK1428

Mar 11, 2002
    Hit Wallyworld this morning......NOTHING. Zip, Zilch, Zero. Not even a scrap of DNA from any of the Massive shipment that was there last night. Empty. Which makes my score last night, that much sweeter.

15. TK1428

Mar 11, 2002
    My count so far is...

12" Anikin, Obi-Wan, Clone Trooper

Medium Padme/Leia Puzzle (nice abs)

Small Darth Vader and Droids(3PO and R2) puzzles

3 3/4" Anikin, C3PO, Jango Fett (removable helmet), White Padme.

Blue Anikin Electronic Light Sabre

If anyone finds any toys NOT on this list (No puzzles please), I would possibly be interested in buying it from you at cost.

16. Princessewok

Princessewok Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Hey everyone!! Good evening...Today TK1428 and I had to go to Frankfort (my hometown) to get some car work done. We got something to eat and decided to walk around the local Wal-Mart. TK1428 decides to go back to toys, and bingo bango he finds several Snow Speeders, Tie Bombers, SW2 Jedi Fighters, Anikin's Speeder, Zam Wessel's Speeder, SW2 Dinosaur thing (very stupid looking), Yoda Legos, and Tusken Raider Legos. Much to our success, we decided to take on one of everything except the dinosaur. You might want to take a road trip to Frankfort, cuz you never know what you will find up there. They also had Tebo, R4, and Boshek. If you need directions on how to get up there, PM me. Also, Lafayette Super Target has the Luke and Leia and the Han and Chewy on clearance for roughly $11.

17. TK1428

Mar 11, 2002
    Scored again today, Deluxe Obi-Wan, Flipping action. It was too cool to leave in the package. He flips a good 6 or seven inches away from his launcher and over another figure as well. His Battle rig hooks up with Doku AKA Darth Tyranus.

My Updated list includes:

My count so far is...

12" Anikin, Obi-Wan, Clone Trooper

Medium Padme/Leia Puzzle (nice abs)

Small Darth Vader and Droids(3PO and R2) puzzles

3 3/4" Anikin, C3PO, Jango Fett (removable helmet), White Padme.

Blue Anikin Electronic Light Sabre

Jedi Star Fighter

Zam Speeder

Anakin Speeder

deluxe Obi-Wan Flipper

Yoda Lego set

Tusken Raider Lego Set

Tie Bomber and Snow Speeder WalMart Exclusives.

If anyone finds anything else, let me know.

"He who dies with the most toys....Wins!"

18. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Conor and I did a little redecorating in his room last night. :)

I don't know who is happier, me or my kid. :D

He's upset because we couldn't fit his new speeders in the picture. 8-}

Oh, how I love having a child's mind to mold. [face_devil]

19. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    hrmmm...obsess much? ;)

You missed it this weekend Dawn. There was this guy who came to the exhibit with his 2 year old son. both of them are SW fans. Yes you can call his son a fan because when I pulled out my 12 inch Obi-Wan, the kid grabbed at it and said "Obi!" Now that is cool. supposedly you can put anything SW in front of this kid and he'll be occupied for awhile.

20. TK1428

Mar 11, 2002
    I can top that. My Friend has a 3 year old who knows most of the SW Universe. BUT, that's not the point, This kid can wield a full size Hasbro Lightsabre, and kick my butt. I'm no slouch at Sabrefighting. I've been doing it for 25 years or so. THis kid sends me home with bruises and welts every time. Some of you may have seen him at Wizard World last year. I made him an Anakin (jake loyd) costume. He looked just like him. The force is strong with this one.

21. sidra

sidra Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2002
    WOW Dawn!! Nice room. I wish you were my mommy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.