main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Figures on Ebay

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cruzer_Fett, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Those mispackaged figures I put on ebay are selling for $6 bucks or so right now! I can't believe someone actually wants those!

2. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    All right, one figure sold for like $15.50 last night and the other sold for around $27. That's nuts! I'm putting a couple more on ebay tonight.[face_money_eyes]

3. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    thats awesome

4. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    You should make sure to put a disclaimer they might in fact be fakes. If you don't those that bought them, might get upset if they feel they have been cheated... you can end up with a bad rep. So be carefull selling this type of item. If they where truly a rare find they would have sold for a LOT higher. It goes to show, collectors can tell the difference.

#1 RULE: Protect yourself and your reputation, over a few bucks.

-Yoda

5. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    sound advice, derek.

6. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Whether they're real or not, that is cool to hear. $17 is better than if you got $7.00 for them.

7. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    Whether they were truley a rare find or not has to do with the value that is placed upon them by the people that either possess or desire them. The difficulty lies in the fact that it cannot be unquestionably proven whether they are valid packaging errors or repackaged fakes. And the opinion of identifying one way or the other could vary from collector to collector based on many variables, such as collecting experienc, degree of risk taking, and their initial individual level of skepticism. Your prior comments and thoughts of these figures without actually seeing all of them exemplify the fact that you are very skeptical as to whether the mispackaged figures are valid. Your opinion that the final selling price of these items determins whether they were truley a rare find or not, and thus questioning the validity of their occurance being true errors, does not take into account what I have just mentioned. And I do not agree with you that the sale of these figures goes to show "collectors can tell the difference" primarily because collecting opinions can vary from collector to collector, and only a few people have actually seen these figures in person and inspected them thoroughly. Thank you for your input and in case you didn't take the time to look at the auctions, the disclaimer was my full refund return policy if any purchasers were not completely satisfied. What this does is allow each individual purchaser and thus collector to determine for themselves whether they consider these figures to be valid or not.
    Cheers, Cruzer

8. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Play nice.[face_shame_on_you]
    ...or everyone goes to bed without dessert.:D

9. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    what? no dark side cookies?!?

:_|

10. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Ending this discussion... Cruzer... check your PM.

11. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    Awww, that was playing nice. Friendly disagreements between two collectors and two adults is a natural human experience of life. Ok, ok, I know most adults don't dress up in a Jango Fett costume...but hey come on I've got kids for heaven sake and I'm still a kid at heart(that's my excuse anyways). Oh well, thanks for your input Yodaa I'm going to drop those figures off tonight so you can look at them and then I've got to head to Visalia to take care of what I was supposed to do yesterday.
    Cheers, Cruzer

oh, I forgot...what are darkside cookies;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.