main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Filipino Jedi

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by bluejem3, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluejem3

bluejem3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    The previous topic (re: Talim) made me think, what if we were to create a Filipino Jedi character? What would he be like? Would it be a he or a she? Would he (assuming it's a 'he') use two shorter blades and use them like arnis? Would one blade be red and the other blue?

Lack of sleep makes me think of wierd things...

2. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Well, if we're gonna apply it in-SW-universe, there won't be any Filipino Jedi. Maybe a human race based on Filipinos...like the Oriental and Afro-American Jedi we see.

IF we pursue it further though...the Filipino Jedi will most probably be wearing standard brown Jedi cloaks, but their tunics et al will be a combination of Maranao and Japanese.

As for the fighting style, hack-and-slash...like the traditional Moro technique. Using a saber similar to Dooku's. Arnis and escrima fighting teaches that the weapon should be an extension of the hand, and the hand should survive even without the weapon. So it's gong to be a direct style of combat. Maybe like a combination of Mace and Dooku's perhaps?

As for the weapon...since SW canon na yung saber ni Dooku...it will be safe to assume that the standard saber will be his. Arnis-style sabers for close-quarters combat, but definitely not for the Clone Wars, and not an efficient blaster blocker.

And as soon as you're able, it would be advisable to sleep. But this is a good topic, so there. :)

3. LuBusVassal

LuBusVassal Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    I will be the first Filipino Jedi! Oh!! Course, Stompboxx prolly did that at a Fanforce meeting or something...

4. BountyKnight_777

BountyKnight_777 Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2003
    I would probably like to be a half Jedi, half Bounty Hunter carrying a green lightsaber. My species could be Mandalorian and perhaps I'd be really powerful.

5. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Sounds like cool ideas. Why don't you guys join the Create Your Own Jedi Art Contest which we will hold during the Star Wars Convention on December 17-20 at Alabang Town Center? :D

(how's that for promoting. heheh.)

6. elvenvoices

elvenvoices Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2003
    There was Padawan Swan, but she was not Filipino but Asian :) :)

7. jedi_razilia

jedi_razilia Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2004
    It's been a long time since this topic was started...at ala na ata nagpopst...neway newbie ako kaya gusto ko mag-post...hehe. Neway gusto ko rin idea na yan kasi gusto ko maging jedi...hehehe in my dreams. Basta sana girl o boy...hehe para fair!!! Dapat color ng lightsaber niyan eh white, yellow or blue (wag na red...hehe) para related sa Philippine flag.

8. elvenvoices

elvenvoices Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2003
    *grins* That would seriously rock. Maybe a Filipino Jedi Trio! ;)

9. mpcp13

mpcp13 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2004
    Hey people, newbie here. I just found this site from the official SW site. Yes, I finally get to talk with Pinoy SW fans. Anyway, just a little tidbit: According to the Character Databank in StarWars.com, the hilt of Dooku's saber was based on handles of Pinoy swords.

10. RedMask

RedMask Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    Hey Filipino Jedi I know that most of you want to be a Jedi right!....ask ko lang if there is a filipino jedi base here in philippines..i mean Jedi organization dito sa Philippines.

11. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Not a "Jedi base", hehe. But there's an official SW fan group here in the Philippines (hence this Forum). For more info, join Star Wars Philippines via this link -->http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starwarsphilippines

12. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Saw the thread and just hadda drop by and say "hi" again. haven't been here in awhile.

"Kai Justiss" is an SWRPG character that has recently been featured in the Star Wars comic book, Jedi:Aayla Secura. He's an Asian-based Jedi based on the likeness of Justin of the World's Finest Comics site.

There were 2 Asian-based female Jedi in AOTC: Baltar Swan and one I saw in the AOTC Visual Guidebook. Would be cool to see more male Jedi though.

Edit: I like to think of A'Sharad Hett as a Moro-based Jedi, LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.