main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Filling the gap

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Invictus, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Okay folks Crucible was set in 45 ABY and the beginning of Legacy was set in 127 ABY-the Sith Imperial war.

My question is had the Disney buyout not occurred was that 82 year gap ever going to be filled in? Even partially?

Did they have any plans in that regard?

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  3. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's a good read.

And it answers your questions of:

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    With Crucible being the supposed retirement of the Big Three and a Jaina-centric trilogy on the horizon, it did kinda seem like they had plans to finally commit to a new generation. The ending of Fate of the Jedi set up the possibility of Tahiri being the first Imperial Knight, too. And if they had skipped a few years like they did with Ben, they could have had Allana as a pre-teen protagonist. And Wraith Squadron was back, so I guess that was pretty cool.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  6. Darth ExlaX

Darth ExlaX Jedi Padawan

Sep 11, 2016
    ^^^

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Denning might have continued with the stealth plan of rendering the Legacy comics an alternate timeline.

8. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I think things were really slowing down on the EU anyways so the gap may not have been filled even without the buyout. Calls for a reboot were going around amongst people like Pablo even before Lucas sold the company. Also wasn't Sword of the Jedi announced a couple years before George sold it to Disney and even then there wasn't even any definitive plans made for it during that time.

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Sword of the Jedi was announced in August 2012, and the Disney Buyout happened just two months later. The people at Lucasfilm and Del Rey were consequently forced to go silent on their future plans, which is why we never learned anything more about SOTJ or about Paul S. Kemp's duology. By all appearances, Sword of the Jedi plans were moving along swimmingly until the Disney purchase happened.

10. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Ahh ok. Guess it was a couple years before the actual announcement of the reboot and not when Lucas actually sold the company. If it was just announced a couple months prior to the buyout Golden's statements that there was never anything substantial developed for the trilogy would be completely believable (as some people like to claim that she probably had the entire first book made).

Wouldn't be surprised though if some of the ideas for characters she had for Sword of the Jedi find their way into Inferno.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Would Abeloth have come back during those years or later on post Legacy Vol. 2?

revan772 likes this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wonder about that as well.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    And then she reveals her Lake of Apparitions was a bunch of BS! Or Jacen was a bad clone! Or... like literally anything else than what we got!

Although if Luke's spirit was resting easy I suppose he wouldn't be wasting time with a drug addict.