Provo Film Courses

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jace Taran, Aug 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    What kind of equipment does BYU have for it's film courses? How does it compare to other film equipment in other Colleges in Utah that offer film courses? Also, just which college does have the best film course in Utah?
  2. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    I heard the U has good a computer animation program. They said people have been hired out to pixar and stuff. That's about all I know, except I expect the moral standards in BYU might be a bit higher than the others.
  3. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    But what about filming courses in general (not just CG courses)?
  4. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure. I do know that the LDS motion picture studio gives full grants to some crews at BYU, paying the entire cost of productions. You might contact the film department of BYU and make an inquiry.
  5. Toran-Kal Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm also not sure what the film program is like there. I'll be sure and tell you in about 2 weeks though, when I get there.

I do know that their computer animation is very good, for those interested in that. They've worked directly with Disney and Pixar in the last 2 years. They're one of 3 schools in Utah that offer it. And I do know that they are better than the U. (Hope that doesn't offend anyone.)

I know that was a little off the subject of films, but maybe someone would like to know.
  6. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Really? That's cool. I actually heard the opposite, that the computer graphics program there was not good at all. I don't think that could, or should offend anybody.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.