main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FILM - DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by cruznseal2, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    Actually the real reason i posted on this board and the reason I?m excited about sat. is because I wanted to see how many other diehard independent film wannabes are out there. I'm hoping to do a short Fan film this summer with my cousin and I?m curious to see what kinda talent is out there.

If you have a storm trooper costume please contact me.

anyway I thought it might be a fun idea to toss around at a fan force meeting (i don't think any fan force group to date has produced a fan film)

2. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm not sure if I would do you any good in front of the camera, but in the back I could be of use.. I am presenting working at a television station, though I am only a control operator, I think I would be an asset.. We'll see..

3. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I am more of a writer than an actor but I am sure Jedisister would love to act out her fantasies of Jedi life. I know another young lad that would be very interested. Let's talk on Saturday.

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I'd love to help out! :) I'm a theatre major with set design experience and I've done everything backstage, including props. I'm currently a stage manager and have been for two years. I've taken an acting class, but I'd be of more use off the camera, I think. I would definatly try my hand at acting. I would never admit it to my fellow techies, but I would LOVE to act. I would probally only be able to help out during the summer though because of school. ~~megHAN~~

5. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Cruznseal2, your bio sounds like my son's nintendo fanfiction story about Microsoft trying to take over the game world. He could probably relate to you. I also have a nephew in Greendale who is starting film school in fall in NC who might want to help.

6. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I actually went to school (for a bit) for film. I can edit, direct, do camerawork, possibly effects (can't be too different from editing) and I love to act (not sure if I'm any good or not, but I still like it).

7. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I have performed in a few theater productions in my time. Plus I performed in numerous ballet productions for over 10 years (most of them with the Milwaukee Ballet in my youth). Jenni and I graduated from Milwaukee High School of the Arts, and we did everything. Jenni works in computer graphics and is an artist, so she may be able to contribute as well.

Also, I have costuming experience, running the gamut from medieval and Renaissance, to Star Wars costumes, with a penchant for authenticity (the only thing I can't do is armor, but when you're a Leia fan, it's not too big of a worry). Right now I am working on my latest Leia costume, to be worn in the contest at the Celebration (I'll let you guys know which it is on Saturday--it's sort of a secret, and these boards are too public, but needless to say, I'll be embroidering like crazy for the next two weeks!).

:)

8. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    You know, of course, that every male here has the very same favorite Leia costume...

:)

9. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Mauler got the comment in before I could so to that I say "touchee"

10. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Tch, tch, tch...

Minds in the gutter... ;)

Well, to be honest, gentlemen, I did that costume back in '99 (to my boyfriend's delight!). But, not knowing what gold paint would do to Crayola Model Magic clay, it currently has turned green, and needs to be redone one day. Next time, friendly plastic!

But there are pictures (taken Halloween '99 at the Oriental theater after Rocky Horror). I'll have to dig them out... :)

11. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Men! ;) Just kidding.

12. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    If anyone can dress up and look like Han Solo from the back, I will vote for him any day. A little female humor lol.

Just grab for that hydrospanner and I'll be happy.

13. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, Marajoan is correct.I'd love to do some acting!! I've done some very small stage acting, put on an entire Christmas play for my church when I was like 8 or 9, I did everything, I was the only person in the play. Talk about carrying the show!! Anyway, I also to a couple of theatre classes, and enjoy "acting". So, count me in!!

14. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    Well i won't start ranting here (I've been told i get kinda fanatical when i start going on a bout film) but i can't wait to talk to some of you. Anyway it should be something fun to discuss sat.

I'll be the guy walking around with a camera in his hand in case any one wanted to know

15. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    >>If anyone can dress up and look like Han Solo from the back, I will vote for him any day.

AMEN TO THAT! The guys can have Leia in her bikini. All I want is Han...but not in a bikini. That would just be odd.

16. LeiaYT1300

Mar 7, 2002
    Ditto! I'll take Han every time!

And that's what makes fanfiction so fun! I can live my little fantasies with Han vicariously through Leia... :)

(Think great romance novel type fantasies... *sigh* Imagine the cover for a novel like that!) ;)

17. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    You guys can picture Leia in her bikini but I would be picturing Han wearing not much more or a little less. I could picture a hot cover for that book and I am working on a story to go with it right now. I have about 4 or 5 chapters done.

18. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    ummm...Natalie Portman any one?

19. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Yaaa - very nice.

A bit young for me though <sigh>

Sorry to take the thread so far off topic cruz!

I have no experience in any theatre - but I would be happy to help out however I can.

20. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Ooh - Natalie Portman any time. She's looking especially good in some of the AOTC shots I've seen. Especially the torn up arena outfit... <growl>

21. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Ewan McGregor. One fine Jedi stud, if you ask me...and a good singer! I love a man who can weild a lightsaber AND dance!

22. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    solo i didn't think it was possible for you to see past that cocky smile of Harison Ford's

and i don't think he can sing or weild a lightsaber (save on a dead taunton)

well we all stray every now and again, its ok.

23. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Hi: Believe Beret (LeiaYT1300) when she says she performs and sews, 'cause she's good at it.

I have been a C.G. Artist for about 6 years but accessability to programs is limited to work mostly. I don't run my own stuff and don't freelance C.G. anymore. I still freehand, and I know a few people that have a scanner so I'm sure if something needed to be worked out, it could.

24. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    P.S. Beret and I are renaissance artists too so ask and you shall find

25. cruznseal2

Aug 19, 2001
    well this is as good a time as ever to ask for help. Right now a friend is makeing a jedi costume for me. its modled after the obiwan costume in ep I. however i still need to find/make a jedi belt (pouch) and boots. any ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.