main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Film or Digital?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Scummy_and_Villainous, May 13, 2013.

?

Film or Digital? What would you prefer?

1. FIlm

100.0%
  2. Digital

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    Film, with it's unparallelled quality. A tried and true medium that at the very least has some intangible superiority compared to digital, and at best, greater than digital by orders of magnitude. It's quite a bit more expensive making movies of this nature with film than it is with digital. You get what you paid for. And that is excellence. What would be breath-taking is if Abrams took the Christopher Nolan route and filmed a Star Wars movie in 70mm IMAX for the highest quality on earth to produce the most sumptuous images that our franchise deserves.

or

Digital, with it's versatility and ease of use. Leaps and bounds have been made in this medium in last decade and strides have been made to bring it closer to the quality of 35mm (or greater) film stocks, but have never quite nailed it. Movie magic, however, has a lot to gain from this now and into the future. The excellent RED company digital camera systems used recently in Peter Jackson's adaption of "The Hobbit" sets the standard for digital movie-making. Digital would seem to be an obvious choice for special effects heavy movies, but at the expense of a heart and soul that only real celluloid can provide.

You can probably tell that I am a little bias, and you would be right in thinking that . However, I want your opinion and I want to speculate with you.

Vastor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.