main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Film Releases & Trends of a Decade Retrospective: The Nineties A-Z. Now Disc: 1993 D-G

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 15, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

Notable releases:

D
    E
    F
    G

T2Q Comments:

-Delirious: I know I saw this one a couple times on video/cable when I was younger, but beyond recalling the general premise/concept (John Candy, a typewriter and him waking up in the fictional world of a soap opera he writes), I don't recall any specific impression of the film.

-Don't tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead: I recall liking this one a bit. I still quote the delivery of "the dishes are done, man." to this day, heh.

-Double Impact: One of the JCVD movies I have seen at some point, but, like Delierious, dont recall specifics beyond the two-JCVD premise. However, it will definitely be in a JCVD marathon that Expendables 2 has inspired me to have at some point in the near future.

-Dutch: Also saw this one a few times when I was younger. Curious to see it again.

-Ernest Scared Stupid: The last Ernest film after Goes to Camp, Saves Christmas & Goes to Jail that people actually remember (though not the last released theatrically, apparently). I recall this being a fun Halloween kids flick- and it has some appropriately creepy moments at times as well. However, liking Ernest is a prerequisite, obviously.

-Father of the Bride: Pretty funny Steve Martin flick. Seen it a few times, but not for awhile.

Movies I (probably) Want See
    -Dead Again
    -Defending Your Life
    -Dogfight
    -Drop Dead Fred (I understand it's bad)
    -Dutch (rewatch)
    -Final Approach
    -The Fisher King
    -Flight of the Intruder
    -Flirting
    -Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
    -Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
    -Guilty By Suspicion

Overall Trends:

Christina Applegate moving beyond Married With Children (at least somewhat- the show would still be on the air for 7 more seasons). The first attempt to end the Freddy Krueger franchise with a "final" movie. The rebooted Godzilla series carries forward. Father of the Bride would spawn a sequel as well..

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    The Doors was absolutely terrible. Just... look, good production values etc but it's misleading to make a film about a man called Jim Morrison who sang in a band called the Doors when a person and band exist in real life with the same names and are nothing like your characters, Mr Stone!

3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Wait, an Oliver Stone movie about an historical figure that pretty much just makes the whole thing up? Can#t believe it. ]-}

Also, Defending Your Life is brilliant.

4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

Notable releases:

H
    I
    J
    K
    L

T2Q Comments:

-Hook: I still really like this movie. Don't care what anyone says. The cast. The music. And Rufio. Love it. :D

Did I mention that score? It's arguably John Williams's best.

-Hot Shots!: I recall the sequel more than anything else, but I do recall this series, alongside Loaded Weapon, Airplane and Naked Gun, as being the non-Mel brooks spoof films I enjoyed of the era.

-King Ralph: Saw this on cable a lot. I recall liking it.

-The Hard Way
    -Highlander II: The Quickening
    -The Hitman
    -Hudson Hawk
    -The Indian Runner
    -L.A. Story
    -The Last Boy Scout
    -Life Stinks
    -The Linguini Incident
    -Little Man Tate
    -JFK
    -Kafka

Overall Trends:

Lotta action flicks in this grouping- two by Willis, at that (though he's had like, three times as many films in 2012, so I guess thats not a lot by his standards, heh). Oliver Stone seems to have been pretty active this year, as well.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Liked Hook, though I haven't seen it in awhile. I know I'm in the minority, but I loved Highlander 2, but then again, it had Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Michael Ironside.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I agree on Hook. Still a great pleasure to watch.

JFK's alright. Donald Sutherland's scene alone is worth a watch. Again, though, lots of exaggeration.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    L.A. Story is probably Steve Martin's best movie. It's not only a great comedy, but also a really moving sort of fable about love. It's magnificent.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that one in particular caught my eye, especially give the reviews. Not sure I had even heard of it before this.

Notable releases:

M
    N
    O
    P & Q

T2Q Comments:

-My Girl: Just remember it being a big deal with it being, effectively, Culkin's first post- Home Alone film and his first onscreen kiss. Don't recall liking the movie, but then, I was a kid- eww. ;)

-The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear: I love it. I love it. ;)

-Nothing But Trouble: I definitely saw this on cable a few times, gonna rewatch it at some point. I know it wasn't great but there's enough Dan Akroyd (not surprising since he wrote and directed it) to make it watchable.

-Oscar: I know Stallone still thinks of this as a mistake, but I've seen it a few times and it still makes me laugh. Which is odd, given that it's done in the style of a film from an era whose works I'm generally not fond of (often for some of the reasons that I find Oscar amusing).

-Problem Child 2: It's hard for me to recall specfics, but I liked this series as a kid.

-Pure Luck: Again, another I'm fairly certain I saw on cable as a kid, but don't have specific impressions.

-McBain (if only because of The Simpsons)
    -Meet the Applegates (I'm sure I saw this as a kid, but didn't get it at all)
    -My Own Private Idaho
    -Naked Lunch
    -Necessary Roughness
    -New Jack City
    -Night on Earth
    -Nothing But Trouble
    -Once a Thief
    -Once Upon a Time in China
    -Only the Lonely
    -Out For Justice
    -The People Under the Stairs
    -The Perfect Weapon
    -Proof
    -Puppet Master II
    -Puppet Master III
    -Point Break
    -The Prince of Tides

Overall Trends:

On a personal level, my recollections of this batch are obviously pretty vague. Beyond me, though, Problem Child would get a third movie on TV, Once Upon a Time in China would start a series of it's own and it seems weird that Puppet Master III would hit DTV the same year as Puppet Master II does theatrically, but whatever. And, now having seen the poster for Point Break, Stark's quip in Avengers makes a heck of a lot more sense, ha.

10. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    The Man in the Moon - sweet coming of age story starring Witherspoon in her first ever role. I saw it again a couple of years ago and whilst does have a bit of a 'midday movie' vibe I still like it.

Mediterraneo - saw this in Italian class in high school. Interesting (and amusing) film concerning a bunch of Italian soldiers that are sent to guard an island in WW2 and get stranded there following a naval battle in which their ship sinks. My class found it absolutely hilarious due to the somewhat blunt/to-the-point subtitles that were supplied. [face_laugh]

My Girl - haven't seen in years. Culkin's character dying at the end was a sad moment, and I found Anna Chlumsky hot as a 12 year old. [face_love]

The Naked Gun 2 1/2 - I enjoyed all the Naked Gun films, but it's been that long since I've seen them that I forget what plots went where specifically. I really should try them again.

Problem Child 2 - from memory I think I liked the 1st one better, but this was still fun. Interestingly Amy Yasbeck (Ritter's potential love interest in this film) played Ritter's wife in the 1st film (so her role here is a complete 180) and they would later be married in real life.

Point Break - never actually seen, but know of it by reputation with the infamous skydive which seems to get continually referenced (such as by Palpatine in the Robot Chicken 'Star Wars' specials - "Point Break bitches!!!")

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

Notable releases:

R
    S
    T
    U & V
    W
    Y
    T2Q Comments:
    -Regarding Henry: I know I've seen parts of this movie, but I don't have any particular impressions other then Ford's character dealing with his recovery. I think I'd like to watch it again at some point, though, so I'll add it to my list below.

-Return to the Blue Lagoon: I definitely saw this on cable as a kid, and the entire plot is familiar, but no impressions to form an opinion.

-Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: I enjoyed the heck out of this film as a kid (the lack of an accent thing never registered), and I still enjoy it. At the time it was taking something cheesy/kiddy like Robin Hood and making it cool again. Throw in the signature first person arrow shots, an insane Alan Rickman performance, plenty of fodder for a Mel Brooks spoof, a great score and a chance to buy repurposed Return of the Jedi toys and it's a win overall for me (though I'm fully aware some dislike the movie quite a bit).

"**** me, he cleared it!"

-The Rocketeer: A fun, serial-style adventure that never quite reaches the point of being a classic, but it does approach that precipice.

-The Silence of the Lambs: Great movie. Legendary performance by Hopkins. Killer last line of dialogue.

-Soapdish: Saw this several times on cable. I recall it being a fun little romp.

-Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country: A fitting end to the classic Trek era and a nice epilogue to the 2/3/4 trilogy that forms it's core. I went into more depth in my review in my Trek thread (though that review's contents are currently truncated due to the board import issue).

-Suburban Commando: This is a really fun sci-fi comedy, and easily the best film to star Hulk Hogan (I know that's not saying much). Fun fact: it was originally called Urban Commando and was going to star Danny DeVito and Schwarzenegger. After the two decided to make Twins instead, the setting was changed along with the cast.

-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze: This is both a good and bad Turtles film, depending on your view. The film is definitely intended to be closer to the original cartoon series than the original film was (the original film was much closer to the original comic instead), what with there being other mutant baddies, Super Shredder, etc. So, it tends to be a bit lighter in tone compared to the grittier feel of the original.

That said, it's still very enjoyable (and it has David Warner, so what can you really complain about? ....besides the presence of Vanilla Ice and the lack of Casey Jones)..

-Terminator 2: Judgement Day: Brilliant movie (especially the Special Edition cut)- and though it's hard for me to say it's the best (or even my favorite) Cameron film (it's a three way tie between this, Aliens and the Abyss SE) I can definitely say this movie was the most influential Cameron movie to me (possibly any movie, period). The existential observations and questions on the nature of humanity and the value of life, combined with a dash of the T-1000's precision, were a hugely influencing factor on my development as a person in mid-childhood.

What's even more to it's credit is that it stands alone very well, despite being a sequel (not counting the Kyle Reese sequence in the SE cut). I didn't see T1 until at least a year (or more) after having watched T2 several times. It's really hard to say which viewing order is superior, as they both have their benefits.

Still, everything is across the board excellent. The FX (which almost all still hold up, despite literally being the birth of Photoshop), the score (Brad Fidel, please come out of retirement!), the acting (even Arnold shows a great deal of range within the constrains of his ability and character), the plot, the stunts, the intensity, the humor, the emotion.

The Special Edition cut was one of only three releases I made a point of obtaining in letterbox VHS releases (alongside The AByss: SE and the SW Trilogy)- finally being able to get access to some of the legendary material of that Ultimate Edition Laserdisc box set that was always taunting me on the shelf at the local video store.

It also helped introduce me to the existence of movie trailers that have original content (in this case, footage shot early for an abandoned extended opening Future War sequence) with it's teaser trailer inclusion (though I recognized much of the footage from their reuse in the T2 Arcade Game). I think T2 is easily my most repurchased movie beyond the SW trilogy, having purchased the SE VHS boxset, the initial dual-layer DVD release (with it's occasionally amusing descriptive language track that keeps it in my collection), the Ultimate Edition DVD (the two disc/1-sided/dual-layer version, not the 1-disc/2-sided/dual layer version) set, the Extreme Edition DVD set and, eventually, I'll be adding the Skynet Edition BD as well.

-Toy Soldiers: Die Hard clone in a rich school. Decent flick.

-What About Bob?: Seen this as a kid, need to rewatch it as an adult as I feel I'd appreciate it much more.

-White Fang: Saw it, no recollections though.

-Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken: Saw it a couple times on cable. I remember a lot of HBO BTS content on the horse diving sequences.

-A Rage in Harlem
    -Raise the Red Lantern
    -Regarding Henry
    -Ricochet
    -Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
    -Rush
    -Shadows and Fog
    -Showdown in Little Tokyo
    -Slacker
    -Switch
    -The Taking of Beverly Hills
    -Thelma & Louise
    -Until the End of the World
    -What About Bob?

Overall Trends:

Rocketeer is probably what got Joe Johnston the gig to direct Captain America 20 years later. T2 would spawn a great TV series, a good 3D film, and 2 mediocre sequels.. but always seems to be the point that any alternate continuity looks back to as it's point of origin and reference.

Silence of the Lambs would lead to numerous sequels, prequels and TV spinoffs/remakes. I don't think it'd be an understatement to say the film made Hopkins the name he'll continues to be (though, obviously, his talent helps a great deal there).

Star Trek endures... though it's hard to say what ST6's specific enduring legacy is, beyond an episode of Voyager that retells events from the movie from the POV of Sulu and the Excelsior for Trek's 30th anniversary.

Turtles would get 2 more sequels- a dull live action one and a good animated one, as well as a forgettable live action TV series. However, reboots and new series continue.

Suburban Commando made Hogan a slightly more viable name for at least a couple more movies (moreso than No Holds Barred did, at the very least).

Slacker, as I understand it, basically ushered in the modern wave of independent filmmaking of the early 90's, so we'll definitely be seeing that trend rise as we look at the next 2-4 years.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The year 1991 in review- what's worth seeing (once or several times?), what's worth keeping?

Skimming back through the lists I posted, here's my personal selections (and, as always, I encourage folks to skim back through the lists and make their own):

Worth Keeping: (aka: get the DVD!)
    -Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
    -Hook
    -The Silence of the Lambs
    -Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
    -Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Worth Seeing a Few Times: (aka: maybe get the DVD)
    -The Addams Family
    -Backdraft
    -Beauty and the Beast
    -City Slickers
    -The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear
    -Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
    -The Rocketeer
    -Suburban Commando
    -TMNT2: The Secret of the Ooze

Worth Seeing Once: (aka: rent it or get it in the $5 bin at Best Buy or Walmart)
    -Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
    -Hot Shots!
    -Ernest Scared Stupid
    -Father of the Bride
    -Oscar

If It's on Cable: (aka: not completely awful, but no need to intentionally seek it out)
    -Delirious
    -King Ralph
    -Soapdish
    -Toy Soldiers

List of Films I Still (Probably) Want To See:
    -Across the Tracks
    -Barton Fink
    -La Belle Noiseuse
    -Billy Bathgate
    -Boyz n the Hood
    -Bugsy
    -By the Sword
    -Cape Fear
    -City of Hope
    -Class Action
    -Closest Land
    -The Commitments
    -Company Business
    -Dead Again
    -Defending Your Life
    -Dogfight
    -Drop Dead Fred
    -Dutch
    -Final Approach
    -The Fisher King
    -Flight of the Intruder
    -Flirting
    -Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
    -Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
    -Guilty By Suspicion
    -The Hard Way
    -Highlander II: The Quickening
    -The Hitman
    -Hudson Hawk
    -The Indian Runner
    -L.A. Story
    -The Last Boy Scout
    -Life Stinks
    -The Linguini Incident
    -Little Man Tate
    -JFK
    -Kafka
    -McBain (if only because of The Simpsons)
    -Meet the Applegates (I'm sure I saw this as a kid, but didn't get it at all)
    -My Own Private Idaho
    -Naked Lunch
    -Necessary Roughness
    -New Jack City
    -Night on Earth
    -Nothing But Trouble
    -Once a Thief
    -Once Upon a Time in China
    -Only the Lonely
    -Out For Justice
    -The People Under the Stairs
    -The Perfect Weapon
    -Proof
    -Puppet Master II
    -Puppet Master III
    -Point Break
    -The Prince of Tides
    -A Rage in Harlem
    -Raise the Red Lantern
    -Regarding Henry
    -Ricochet
    -Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
    -Rush
    -Shadows and Fog
    -Showdown in Little Tokyo
    -Slacker
    -Switch
    -The Taking of Beverly Hills
    -Thelma & Louise
    -Until the End of the World
    -What About Bob?

Next: 1992

So, while my list remains long of things to see (or rewatch), and there were still vagaries when it came to recalling some films, there's definitely a rising familiarity to a number of titles.

As far as overall trends, T2 kicked Arnold to a whole new level (although films like Total Recall kept him high before)- that level of stardom he'd ride out for the next 2-3 years.

We're seeing some more Die Hard clones starting to float about, and I think The Naked Gun helped kick off a new wave of spoofs, such as Hot Shots!

13. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Great thread! I'm slowly making my way throught the whole thing.

1991-
    My favorite Jackie Chan film, Twin Dragons, was released although US release was years later.
    The Commitments is my favorite on your list of not seen.
    The Double Life of Veronique is one of my favorites of '91. It's a foreign film to us US viewers. French and Polish.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I really hated the way lyrics to Doors songs were shoe horned in with the dialogue. Every time it happened, I cringed... so, so cheesy.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. Just keep in mind, as you go through the older posts, that some of the longer updates will likely be truncated due to the board import issue regarding that.

But, that usually just means you miss out on some of my babbling, not the actual title lists, so no huge loss ;).

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Sorry about this thread being away for so long- the computer I had some of my work on died randomly and it's taken til now for me to get around to Frankensteining the components of it with that of another.

Anyways, onto 1992!

Notable releases:

0-9

A
    B
    C

T2Q Comments:

-Aladdin: [face_whistling] Mista' Aladdin, sir... [face_dancing][face_whistling] One of Disney's better efforts- though one's enjoyment would be predicated on one's opinion of Robin Williams's comedy, as it's laid on pretty thick here- but, I feel, to memorable effect. Gilbert Godfried as Iago was also rather enjoyable. The SNES game wasn't too shabby either ;).

-Alien 3: One has to really approach the film from two directions: the theatrical and assembly cuts. Both commit the crime of undermining the ending of Aliens and, in a way, betraying the audience. That said, I've usually said that, Alien 3 is a good movie- it's just not a good Alien movie. I think the assembly cut helps it a little bit in that regard, however. (the whole capture of the xenomorph sequence cut out is rather thrilling).

It also has one of my favorite Alien trailers (from amongst the many this movie in particular had):

(sure, using Bishop's Countdown might seem a little obvious, but it's effective)

-Basic Instinct: VHS freeze framing in middle school was not as productive as one would have hoped at the time. ;)

-Batman Returns: A strong entry in the series, though it perhaps goes a bit too far with the grotesque and the giant penguins for the funeral still look ridiculous. Beyond that though, a complex enough take on the Batman/Catwoman dynamic. It has Christopher Walken- always a plus. The Batmissle was a neat one-off idea (though it seems strange that Batman would leave half of the Batmobile behind- those two alves should have joined together for another thin remote vehicle to follow for recovery/recombination later...).

-Bébé's Kids: I don't remember anything about this except the one catch phrase from the trailer that I still quote to this day: "We don't die- we multiply!".

-Beethoven: Watched this a few times as a kid. Harmless enough family flick.

-The Bodyguard: Not going to watch this, but it's hard to not comment on the popularity of the song ;).

-Buffy The Vampire Slayer: I watched this a few times as a kid, and though I know it's supposed to be far below the quality of the TV series (which I've yet to watch- its on my to-do list!). Still, a few memorable moments I can still recall, such as the "You threw a knife at my face" bit as well as a couple Pee-Wee moments. Also there's a character named Lothos, which is just an awesome name.

-Captain Ron: Watched this a ton of times on cable. Pretty fun family flick, skews slightly older than Beethoven ;).

-Chaplin: Seen parts over the years, need to see the whole thing at some point.

-Cool World: Intend to watch this out of morbid curiosity.

-The Crying Game: I know the twist, but it's got very positive reviews so I'd like to check this out at some point.

-The Cutting Edge: Seen it on cable. S'alright.

-1492: Conquest of Paradise
    -Bad Lieutenant
    -Bob Roberts
    -Braindead (Dead Alive)
    -Bram Stoker's Dracula
    -Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    -Candyman
    -Chaplin
    -Cool World
    -The Crying Game

Overall Trends:

Cool World is kind of a post-Roger Rabbit wannabe. Basic Instinct launched Sharon Stone's career for several years (though she'd fail to find the same level of success). Beethoven and The Cutting Edge would spawn several sequels.

Buffy would be relaunched as the TV series most people remember. Alien 3, though somewhat final in nature, would be circumvented for other sequels and spin-offs. The darkness of Batman Returns would contribute to a shift in tone for the series as it moves forward without Tim Burton directing. Aladin would continue the streak of Disney's resurrection in the 90's.

17. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Candyman is a pretty decent horror movie. It predates the contemptible "gorn" phase we seem to be suffering through at the moment; there's gore, certainly, but it draws much of its voltage from suspense rather than gore, and like all good horror films, draws heavily on old legends for its black heart - specifically, karmic retribution for tempting fate, combined with the myth of Beetlejuice Bloody Mary: say her name four times into a mirror and she will appear behind you in the mirror. I was in my late teens when I saw that one and I found myself hesitating before doing so into a mirror for months after that.

Bram Stoker's Dracula is ... uneven. It's got Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder doing something -- I suppose you could call it acting -- in it. But it also has the most entrancing costume and set design imaginable under Francis Ford Coppola, and all the more beguiling because it's done without a single piece of CGI at all -- all old-style optical effects and camera tricks. It also has Anthony Hopkins, Gary Oldman, and Richard E. Grant having the time of their lives in their parts. Grant in particular just sacrifices all dignity and starts chewing scenery more or less from the get-go. I personally found it a tad too reverential to the idea of Dracula and short on horror as such, but it's worth a ride just for the sight of Gary Oldman done up like this:

[​IMG]

Frank T. likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, I'll comment on The Bodyguard, it's one of my top ten favorite movies ever, and in retrospect, kind of a sad, "What could have been," commentary on Whitney Houston, because Houston did really good, especially given that this was her first acting role. I think if the drugs hadn't dragged her down, she definitely could have been in far more films than she ultimately was.

Admittedly, this is one of my favorite scenes (starts in the middle of it, sadly enough):

Favorite memory is of applauding at the end of the film and the rest of the theater joining in.

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I'm sorry, Juliet, but you just brought back to me that in 1992 it seemed you could make the "I" in "And I Will Always Love You" last for thirty seconds just by switching channels on the radio. Every bloody station was playing that damn song. :D

...although I did like the very end of it, with the priest's prayer to "our heavenly father, who is always watching" as the camera slowly moves in on Costner, whose eyes are shifting back and forth across the room...always watching.

20. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Chaplin is my fave from this group and is still my favorite Robert Downey film. Also thought 1492 was a good movie. Alien 3 was a major disappointment. I want to watch Dracula again as Oldman has become my favorite actor since I saw it. Bad Lieutenant is the one I haven't seen but want to.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've actually seen the more recent Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans with Cage, which is apparently neither a remake nor a sequel to the Keitel one.

Is it bad that I almost mixed up Candyman and Lawnmower Man when doing the write-up?

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
  23. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Ernest Scared Stupid was pretty funny. So was Ernest Rides Again. They really stopped being funny after Ernest Goes to School.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    RIP Jim Varney.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Aladdin just might be my favorite Disney movie, although The Lion King comes pretty close.

This is brilliant:

And I have a soft spot for this one:

The Bodyguard: As someone who remembers her music from the mid-80s really well, this movie seemed like her last stand. Which is sad.

The radio did play "I Will Always Love You" over and over and over and over and over again that summer though.

Captain Ron: It was kind of a fun movie, although I had trouble getting past how dumb the ending was.