main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Film Showings Format

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by scott1701, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott1701

scott1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Hi,

Does anyone know what format the original trilogy and Phantom Menace will be shown in at the Celebration? I mean, will they bring in 35mm prints, video, or will we get lucky and have a Digital Cinema setup? This could be the deciding factor as to whether or not I choose to attend these presentations. I mean, I can get video at home.
    Scott

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    If it's digital, I'll definately watch the movies on one day. If it's just 35mm, it'd be great to watch the movie surrounded by a bunch of other fans. Plus, it's been a few years since I've seen Star Wars on the bigscreen.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Doesnt matter what format its in STAR WARS + the BIGSCREEN = GREAT TIME!

I will watch the movies again for sure!
    Strawbary

4. scott1701

Apr 24, 2002
    Considering everything else going on... I'll need a FANTASTIC presentation to watch the films at Celebration 2 (George, send some of your boys from THX and TAP up with an interpositive print!!). Now, I'm a film man, love film, have it in my blood (probably literally)... but I'd like to see what the Star Wars films look like screened in Digital Cinema. The other films I've seen in Digital have been... disappointing.
    Scott

5. drawmarkee

drawmarkee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2002
    Who's to say for sure, but you would think that this would be an ideal place to showcase the technology. Why WOULDN'T they show it digital?

Greg

6. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Casholine. I'm not getting my hopes up because we're talking about showing this in a Convention Center ballroom. Maybe they'll roll in a million dollar projector and nearly that much of a 3 day sound system but I'm not going to hold my breath. Besides, other than the digital prints of Ep1 I don't think there's much to see. ...but I could be wrong.

7. scott1701

Apr 24, 2002
    "Besides, other than the digital prints of Ep1 I don't think there's much to see. ...but I could be wrong."

Digital prints do exist of at least one of the other films. I can't tell you which or how I know but it is definate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.