main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

film strip in photo shop

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by neo2004, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo2004

neo2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2004
    ay guys

i just imported a 2 seconds clip into photoshop which i exported as a filmstrip, and when i did that it comes up as a huge long picture of ever frame - how am i ment to add sabers in when its like that, can any one help me please

also after doing some little test drawings on a few frames i saved and took it back in to permire to see what is looked like and my fotage is now squashed up not wide screen any more - why dose that happen

if you guys could help me out that would be great, im only doing some test with photoshop atm.

laterz

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    That's what a filmstrip IS. You draw on each of the little pictures--each one of them is one frame from your video.

As for the exporting, just make sure you import and export them at the right aspect ratio.

3. neo2004

Apr 12, 2004
    i dont no any thing about aspect ratio or understand it lol
    thanks tho

4. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Okay. Um. How old are you? If you are old enough to read:

Read your manuals that came with the programs, Premiere especially. Learn the basics of editing, and you'll learn this stuff.

5. neo2004

Apr 12, 2004
    no need to be rude, buddy!!! i was just asking a question hehee

laterz

if any one could help that would mean alot to me

6. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    I did help. Seriously. Read the manual. Understand the concepts behind nonlinear editing. Then you won't have a problem anymore.

7. saberjared-fx

saberjared-fx Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2004
    Well if your going to do your lightsabers in photoshop(one of the hardest ways), then I would watch Ryan W's toturial on how to make lightsaber blades in photoshop, even though he only edited 1 picture your just be treating it as many pictures, same process. I remember too when I did the whole filmscript thing for the first time, over 2 years ago, the blade didn't look so great but I was still proud. However thank God for After Effects and Ryan W's 4 point method, much better.

8. neo2004

Apr 12, 2004
    WHAT r u guys talking about, apart from the fact that the photo shop way dosent look all that good at times, its so easy, all u do is draw on all ur blades on each frame and then do what you would normally do with a single picture - to easy takes no time at alll

heheh after effects is still better tho :)

the only problem i have now is the screen gets squashed with i import back in to permire.

9. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    aspect ratio means the dimensions of the picture.

if you have 720x480 pixels and then import with different numbers, then there is your problem. just make sure all the numbers are the same and you should be ok. (numbers as in anything that says "aspect ratio" or "hight" or "width" and sometimes "pixels")

hope i'm helpful :)

10. anjofilm

anjofilm Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    That is not entirely true djr33, you also have to take pixel aspect ratio into account. If a pixel is 1.0 it is square... but dv video is captured at a pixel aspect ratio of 0.9... Furthermore if Neo shot his footage in widescreen (not cropping) to make it look correct he would have to set the pixel aspect ratio to 1.2 to squeeze the video frame back to the correct size, as both widescreen and fullscreen modes capture video with the same number of pixels, they are just shaped differently.

In premiere, right click the footage in the project window>interpret footage and change the pixel aspect ratio.

11. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    ok then. also, make the settings be all either "square pixels" or another option, but they must be the same. actually, this is probably where the issue is coming from. i have had the same problem myself from iMovie to PS back to iMovie...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.