main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Film Trip - 3rd September

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by lukesgirlie, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    As was agreed in this thread we shall be meeting up at Milton Keynes on the 3rd September. Now, I'm guessing we'd use the cinema in Xscape rather that the EasyCinema thingamy.

So who can make it? I guess we wont know what films til nearer the time.

2. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Me! Guest of honour!

3. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Hehe!

lukesgirlie
    Jedi_Nat
    JONJEDI (I know he hasn't posted, but he's blimin well coming :p )

Who else can make it?

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    What day is 3rd of Sept? If it's a Saturday, I may be able to come, though if not I won't.

5. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Sugar. Its a Sunday. Now we have a teeny problem...

6. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oops!

Well, 2nd September then?

7. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    No, because the london meet has to be saturday because thats the only time the theatres are open.

8. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    9th September?

9. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Nat's up north :(

10. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    In all honesty, I don't think the London meet was to see a show - I think that was something that Serena and I suggested we do. We can always meet in the morning of the Saturday and have the London meet at night, or even move the London meet to the Sunday. I don't know what's happening with that meet as no one has suggested anything to do. I'm secretly hoping for a SW Trivial Pursuit night! [face_praying]

Nothing's final as yet....

11. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Well, I was planning to come down to London and York remember, I'd have to go back home on the Sunday. Let me talk to Matt, we'll get something planned - trivial pursuit would most likely be at someone's house wouldn't it? We need a poster to agree to that.

12. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I think something was mentioned in the London meet thread. If it doesn't happen, it's no big drama.

I'm just trying to start organising things now, as I fly out in six weeks, and when I'm in Europe, I won't be posting as much, maybe not at all.

13. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Right, well let me get on the case and see what people say :)
    So many things going on, people pulling me in all directions lol, so I'll get my focussed head on and beam some lasers the right way.

14. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm not pulling you in any place. I make/bump threads in the hope that people will reply. I'm doing my bit.

Back to the movie meet-up....

15. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    OK Savvies, I'll be at the London meet on Sept 2, which is a Saturday. So, you want a MK movie meet, it'll have to be on the Sun. Sorry. Everyone is welcome to come to the London meet, as I think a trip to Elstree studios is in the works. I for one, would like to see a part of history.

16. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Well we may as well still go ahead with this, even if it doesn't count as an official South meet, we want to meet Nat!

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Just to inform some of you
    It is possible I could attend this meet as well as/instead of the London meet depending on my holiday

I do have an offer though. If it is possible to find a convinient ODEON cinema to do this in I can get some of you (perhaps all) in for free.
    Just a suggestion, but do whatever is convinient

18. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Seeing a film for free sounds better than paying to see a film. I don't have anything booked for then, so I'll have to see closer to the date as to whether I can afford transport costs.

19. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Still good to go on Sept 3?

20. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Right guys, just sorted this with Nat and its definatly going ahead! In MK there is a Cineworld in Xscape, which is the one I normally go to and there are other things to do there too. Theres also an Odeon which I think is where EasyCinema used to be, which from memory is very hard to get to.

List of people def going?

Nat
    Serena

21. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Having checked google maps, MK is 126 miles away, a 3 hour trip by car. I'd love to go but thinks it's probably too far. :(

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Might be able to make this instead of the London meet, as my holiday might mean I have to return on September 2nd, which is during the London meet :rolleyes:

But it is possible I could do both

So maybe the ODEON would be better, since I can get people in free

But do whatever is easiest for everyone

23. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    What time will we be meeting? Just so I know how to get there. amd possibly give me some indication of how long I will stay at the London meet on Saturday.

24. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    I can do the Sunday. Saturday might be more difficult depending on when the plan is to meet as I am working in the morning.

As for choice of cinema, I usually go to the Cineworld at Xscape, the last time I went to the one at The Point was when it was a UCI to see 'Event Horizon'! Btw, The Point is where the Odeon cinema is now, formerly the easyCinema. Its just as easy to get to as Xscape, just not sure its quite so nice.

25. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    I know I'd prefer Xscape, I just know it well. Though they got rid of the ice cream parlor :_|

And dont worry, we're def meeting Saturday. Unless anyway is in dire need on money, and Richie doesn't even know if he's coming, shall we say Cineworld Xscape?

And we can look at showing times nearer the date to decide on a film and time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.