main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton FilmCon 3

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by QCPsychoJedi, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Hello force fed junkies from my home town. I realize I have been absent lately but I have been hella busy. The quad city jedi order has taken over Film Con 3 in Madison Wisconsin. The three day event was a blast and attracted fanforce members from all over the country. It involved a charity auction, light saber fencing lessons and discussions with people who have worked at Lucasfilm. There was also a forum for fan films and a few tracks were devoted to their construction.
    Our fanforce walked away with a ton of junk and the prize for best costume. A 3 foot trophy with a pewter Obi Wan at the top and the bottom plate was autographed by the judges who just happened to be ILM execs. We beat out a 7 foot Darth Vader, an expertly crafted Jango Fett, and a Grand admiral Thrawn complete with red eyes and the whole bit.
    More than nay of this though, we made a huge name for ourselves and put ourselves on the map as the next day we had people from all over the US leaving congrats messages on our boards. Feel free to see pictures of the event on the website
    www.quadcityjediorder.com.
    We also brought with us a rough cut of our screen test with no sound and no effects. Just us on a green background briefly describing the series of events and when it was over we were swamped with questions and interest from everyone including the people from the force.net who themselves made an astonishing fan film. If you haven't seen "the formula" yet, do. It's incredible. Anyways I just thought I would pass along the excitement and remind everyone that nothing is beyond your reach. There are more ways than ever now to get noticed. May the force be with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.