main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FILMCON 4.5

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by CaptMereel, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Hi all,
    Just starting a new thread so Eric and I can keep you updated on what's happening this April (besides CIII)...

What: Filmcon 4.5 in conjunction with Odd Con
    When: Fri-Sun April 8-10
    Where: The Radisson in Madison (the same place as usual)

Take a look at this website: milesteves.com

Here is a short list of what he's worked on in different capacities: Passion of the Christ, Terminator 3, Pirates of the Caribbean, Reign of Fire, Spider-Man, Hannibal (upcoming Vin Diesel film), Stuart Little, Blade, Men in Black, Batman Forever, Planet of the Apes, Star Trek: Nemesis, Galaxy Quest, Total Recall, The Mummy, RoboCop, Legend and Interview with a Vampire. Quite an impressive filmography if you ask me - and this isn't everything either!!

He's going to be at Filmcon all 3 days! Wow! Great stuff so he should be a very interesting guest to see every day! From what I understand from Eric he is very excited about coming to Filmcon. He'll also autograph anything you bring (such as DVDs).

Also, if you haven't already done so, and you plan to go to Filmcon 4.5 (remember this is to raise money for Filmcon 5 which will be even more fantastic than any previous one!!!), send $30, checks made out to Filmcon 4.5, to Eric at the following:

Filmcon 4.5
    c/o Eric Larson
    631 Springbrook Circle
    DeForest WI 53532

Any questions for Eric, just contact him through this thread or PM him.

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I would love to go, but there's just no way I can swing it that close to C3.

3. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I figure most won't be able to attend. I will see you at C3 somehow!

It's been fun. I got to meet Cristian Bale and they showed 6 mintues from Batman- SWEET!!!

Hitchhickers loooks good too.

See you all soon- E

4. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    Well, I will be at Filmcon (we've got freebies) and CIII. And probably Concinnity. April is just too full!

5. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    We actually just sent you our registration money a few days ago Eric.

We're just going on Saturday so we don't have to spend money on hotels, etc., so close to CIII. It will be a way to get in the convention spirit and break the costume in.

6. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I will probably be going just Saturday at this point too. If you need any help I would be glad to do something. Keep in touch.

Forcebewitya!

Brent

7. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm saving every last penny for C3, so I probally won't be going to FC4.5. Bummer too.

8. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I am so broken-hearted! I have been to every Filmcon since #2 but I just can't make this one. I've got all my current vacation time & money tied up with C3 (and a family mini-reunion end of May in New York.) *sigh* I always have fun at Filmcon. Maybe next year.

9. SWCostumer

Jan 31, 2005
    I believe that there will be another Filmcon later this year (Filmcon 5).

10. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Yes, there will be Filmcon 5 on November 18-20, 2005 so put that on your calendars now...

Maybe Eric will start a thread for Filmcon 5. * hint hint *

Sara won Best Novice for her Mara Jade costume at Filmcon 4.5! Congratulations!!!!

11. SWCostumer

Jan 31, 2005
    Well done Sara!!

12. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Thanks :) That was an unexpected surprise. Next time I'll have to come up with something to do on stage besides stand there. I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to Filmcon 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.