main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Filmcon 6 /Oddcon (April 6-9th)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey, well I just talked to Eric tonight and he showed me some of the stuff he's playing around with for logos and such for the website for 6. I know there has been a lot of talk about the upcomming con in April (6-9th) so I thought I would start a thread to discuss who's going, whats happening etc... And also to show you guys some of the stuff Eric is doing right now. He wants people's opinions on the stuff I'm going to show you so I'll post the pics and then tell you what I think. Then you all can do the same. Also just general discussion is cool.

So as most of you know there is going to be mostly Harry Potter stuff at 6, but in the email I got it looks like there is going to be stuff on Firefly, Galactica, etc... So here you go here are the pics for Filmcon 6 website (preliminary).

[image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/Forcebewitya/death_eater.jpg]

Ok here is the first image, This I believe is what the website looks like now? or what the badge might look like (dont take my word for it though.

[image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/Forcebewitya/3rd.jpg]

This one is my favorite one that Eric showed me.

[image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/Forcebewitya/Potter_flat.jpg]

I think this might be the homepage?

[image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/Forcebewitya/1st_page_copy.jpg]

and finally this is where the schedule for events will be.

So there you go a little taste of Filmcon 6 discuss away.

Forcebewitya.

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Its looking cool, I'm definitely interested in going

3. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey everyone I thought I would bump this thread seeing as I assume this will be our next meeting.

Forcebewitya.

4. CalvinanHobbes

CalvinanHobbes Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2006
    yeah, I am intruiged by this.

I love all those shows/series :D

5. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'm still waiting to see what Eric has planned for the regular panels. All I saw on the website were the Potter panels. I thought everything would have been posted by now.

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    It should be up fairly soon. So are we going to do a meeting like we did last time? we should plan it.

Forcebewitya.

7. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    a meeting would be good, and yes it seems as if I can now post again

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    glad to have you back so when should we shoot for this meeting. Or I suppose we could wait till Eric gets all the pannels up and running.

Forcebewitya.

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    This is what I want to attend at FilmCon 6 (unless panels change at the last minute):

Friday:
    3PM Creating a Shot List
    4PM So You Want to Make a Film?
    8PM Old Fandoms - New Fandoms

Saturday:
    1:30 How to Die and Still Be Active in Fandom
    3PM FilmCon 7 Preview Part 1
    4PM SciFi Films That Have Stood the Test of Time
    6PM Movie Previews & Poster Give-A-Ways

Sunday:
    10AM Storyboarding Class
    12:30 Concepting Class
    2:30 FilmCon 7 Preview Part 2

So, in short... Just about everything, except Saturday morning.
    Maybe we could have our meeting then, unless people wish to attend those panels.

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I think our best bet for the meeting is to do it during lunch hour on Saturday you can see it in the programming guide. I think it's like at 12:30 that way if people do want to go to those panels they can I'm not sure if I do because I cant recall what they are. I just think thats the best way to do it. We could also have dinner again on friday night.

Forcebewitya.

11. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I guess I should have asked. My intentions were to state what I was interested in then look to see what everyone else was interested in. Then we could narrow down when to meet up.

Depending on when I can get out of work Friday, I might not be able to make it to my first two choices.

12. Master_Veila

Master_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2006
    So is there going to be a meeting this month or just filmcon stuff?

13. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Well, we're hoping to meet during Filmcon.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it for any part of Filmcon. Money's been tight so I've been working some extra hours and picking up a few odd jobs, plus I'm helping move furniture on Saturday. If anything, I may be able to meet up Friday night.

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    We could do dinner on Friday night if that works for everyone.

Forcebewitya.

15. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Hear that everyone?!? Brent is taking us all to dinner!!!

Where you taking us, Brent?

16. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Has anyone else got an indictation that Eric got their check? I haven't gotten anything in the mail that says I'm signed up or not.

Depending on the OddCon schedule on Friday, what time would you want to meet for dinner? And where? All I ask is that it NOT be the China One buffet across the street. I got severe stomach cramps eating there.

17. Master_Veila

Master_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2006
    So I am obviously a new member here, but i would love to be able to meet some people who are actually into star wars like me. I know no one and it is a lonely world.

18. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    Sure Connor, the more the merrier!! Just consult the various threads for when we meet up. Again, most of, if not all of the usual suspects are going to be at the Odd Con/Film Con going on this weekend at the Radisson Inn on the west side of Madison on Grand Canyon. I myself am taking Friday off and will be there all weekend long. If you don't want to do Odd/Film6 Con, you can always join us for dinner. If we ever agree where to meet and when.

And yes, it is a cold, lonely world....

19. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    What? Not China ONE???? But they've got the all you can eat buffet, with crab legs!

And yes, I kid at my dismay as to not eating there.

How about Old Chicago? It's not too far, has a decent selection of food, and provides adult-type beverages for those that are over 21 and wish to partake. There's also fare for those under 21! And the prices aren't too bad, at least since the last I was there.

And I must say HUZZAH! for finding a bit of extra cash. That means I can eat out one day this week, and I deem it to be Friday.

20. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    After reading a few of the replies and not being able to leave work early... AND considering travel time, I will SUGGEST the following:

6:00pm on Fri. 7th @ Old Chicago (located across Mineral Point from the West Towne Firestone)

21. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    That sounds good Rick, and no I dont have enough money to take you all out lol. You're welcome to come to the meeting or to the whole convention Connor I mean you'll be able to find about 200-300 people that have similar interests to talk to.

Cant wait to see you all this friday!

Forcebewitya.

22. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    Might I suggest that someone makes a reservation at Old Chicago, as it is a Friday at dinner time? Maybe under B. Fett or Bib Fortuna or A. Ozzel or something, maybe a name from the EU. I will be glad to do this if we can get a head count. Whatever anyone wants. And some of us might need a ride over to Old Chicago.

23. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    They don't take reservations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.