main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FILMCON 7 MADISON November 17-19 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by CaptMereel, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Hi all!
    If you haven't received Eric's recent email (see below), please send him your name, address, phone and email addresses. The storm last week caused a power surge while he was sending an email and it wiped out 6 FilmCon's worth of emails, including his mailing list for emails. And, if you haven't gone over to the Book Club thread, the same storm fried my modem as well.

Also, please send in your money for FilmCon 7 as well!

Eric's Email:

Hello Everyone,

It's time again, more updates and more news. First thing is we have
    guests...more than before. I will be releasing ALL the info soon but I have to say that this year is starting to look like a lot of fun!

As many of you know we are trying anime for the first time. Stacey Lee Feldman will be running this division of the convention. She has already completed the panel lists and is currently looking for panel members.

We are also about half way done with the sci-fi media portion of the
    convention. Leslie Andrich and a few others have helped out and are putting together a great line up of panels. We still need groups and individuals to talk at the convention. So if you have an idea for a panel, if you want to volunteer for a specific talk, or have a group that would like to make a presentation...please let me know soon. I would also like to have ideas on what you would like to see as panels at this years convention.

Last but not least, film. The film portion of the convention will be HUGE! Yes we will be demonstrating out new Steadycam, and dolly/track system, along with several other gagets. There will be a huge push to show new technologies for film makers, while also showing more practical stuff. Again if there is something you would like to see, or have a demo let me know.

There is still time.

We are also working on showing the latest fan films and movies. As usual we need submissions, so spread the word.

Now some bad news...last week my computer was hit by a large electrical surge. Luckily nothing was running except-the email program. What happened was that I lost ALL of the last 6 conventions email listings and info for contacting you, the fans.

We have started to put back together the list- BUT WE NEED HELP! If you know a friend or someone who has attended, ask if they received this email. If not we need their address asap. One reason we can
    keep cost down is due to the fact 99% of the mailings are in email format. Without it, the convention would cost much more to run. So this is important.

Again if someone might be missing or you have a newer address, we need to know.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryan Arendt will be back with many more pieces of art. Currently he is working on set 2 of the Star Wars characters. He is also expanding the line into others fandoms. There will even be some new designs from Pirates of the Caribbean.

That's all for now- PLEASE let me know if you want to participate with the programming and pass this message along.

More emails are coming soon. The cost for the convention is only $30 right now - so sign up!

See you all this Fall- Eric

Filmcon 7
    631 Springbrook Circle
    DeForest, WI 53532

2. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    The FilmCon website is up at www.filmcon.org. The panels etc still need to be added but at least Eric has a working website now. The link to the hotel (Radisson) doesn't give a phone number so here it is if you'd rather make a reservation by phone: 608-833-0100.

He and I met on Sunday to go over the SciFi Programming and then I worked on the schedule of panels. This should be finalized and on the website within a week or two - we're just waiting for confirmation from a few people who offered to do some panels.

Please register for the convention now and send in your money. Eric really needs you to do this but, like every year, most people wait to pay at the door. He needs to start buying airfare for those coming in, like C Andrew Nelson, and, well, that takes money. And, for those that know Eric, he is on the verge of a panic attack again because of people dragging their heels with paying for the convention.

Any questions, contact me via email (use my home email) or Eric through the website.

PS I'm having trouble making a link for FilmCon above, hence the many edits. So just cut and paste it from here and do it that way. Sorry!

3. Blackadder1

Blackadder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    I'm all signed up now and will be staying at the Radisson on Saturday night only. Probably drive over early Saturday morning though so if anyone would like to ride with me, I have loads of room in my car.

Is anyone else going to enter the costume contest? I'm thinking of skipping it this time around.

4. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Hey folk's...sign up! It will be fun...see ya there!

Eric

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    It was fun seeing some of you again. :)

6. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    This was a fun convention. Looking forward to going again this year.

7. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Ditto that, Bishop76.

8. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Looking forward to Loitercon 2007.

9. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    In all this time, I've still never been to one of these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.