Filming a Fan Film in Memphis for the 2004 Awards (AtomFilms)

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by queenofthegeeks, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queenofthegeeks Jedi Knight

star 1
    Fur bikini? Nah. I'll be wearing Supergirl outfit and mouse ears. :p Just kidding.

I actually do have some really cool Star Wars t's, but the really bad thing about SW's t's are the fact that they don't make them in small enough sizes that they fit right and they wind up looking like nightshirts.

Okay, I'll actually be wearing jeans and a Nightmare Before Christmas top (gray with green sleeves and has Jack and Sally on the front). I may have a hoodie on because I generally get cold wherever I go.

I've still got to send out the email to you guys that I mentioned before. I'm currently trying to get all the shots storyboarded through this software thing I'm trying out. :)

See you guys there!
  2. Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Knight

star 1
    I usually have the opposite problem- they don't make them big enough and it make look like I'm wearing a baby-doll tee! Funny, same thing with my Supergirl shirts and mouse ears...

Nighmares will work! I've got some stilts and have been wanting to do a Jack costume. Last year Wes from 103 and his wife came as Jack and Sally.

See ya there!
  3. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Sorry I missed you. Did you get to meet any of the SMT, NAD, or 501st?

Got your email and will write back.
  4. queenofthegeeks Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey!

I did come, but as I was telling Chuck in an email, I had *no* idea who was who. I knew that Chuck was going to be dressed as a Stormtrooper, but only saw Endor Troopers (BUNCH of those) and one Sandtrooper. I did see some really cool costumes though (including the Sandtrooper and Endor Troopers). I saw a Boba Fett and a Jango Fett have a "camera shootout" and at one point, I seemed engulfed in a sea of Endor Troopers. I remember thinking to myself, "Now that's something that doesn't happen everyday.". :p

Very cool costumes though! I also saw a number of other cool costumes including a Maleficent and some kind of anime cat which was scaring the bejeezus out of some little girl (that's always fun). LOL

At first, I went to the main lobby and looked around, but didn't see anyone. Finally, I just rode the elevator until I saw costumed people when the door opened up. I knew when I saw Boba Fett, I had finally hit the right floor.

I was disappointed not to see any Vaders or Royal Guards (not sure if there were even any Royal Guards there, but they were always one of my favorites when I was a kid).

Anyway, it looks like you guys had fun and if you got my longwinded email, shoot an email back to me and let me know that you're still interested. I stayed up late last night and wrote out a casting notice and sent it into the Playbook. I'm hoping it makes it into Friday's edition. There will also be a casting notice going up at Mandy and a few other online spots and I'll probably be taking flyers to the different theatre groups this week. I've gotten a lot of responses from men, but no women and I need two females. :)

Hope you guys are recovering nicely from this weekend! I've declared today my day off as I've been going at it gangbusters for the past week (this, plus I'm starting work on a feature in town), but tomorrow I'll be back at it and if anyone goes to the Media Co-op meetings on Tuesday, you can catch me there. If not, no worries, once I an idea of what everyone's interested in doing, I'll set up a production meeting. :)

Talk to you soon!
  5. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Sounds good. Depending on when you were there I was probably checking out a panel. The 501st did a great one on costuming, I caught a couple comics ones, and Dragon Dronet's were very cool! I also was involved in a game of Pictionary with some of the other artists and guests at the con- a lot of fun. I ended up missing the artist meet/greet on Friday- conflict with something else I wanted to check out.

Yep, lots of biker-scout troops there! I also liked how the sand troopers had 'dirty' armor this trip. Shame you missed the party in the ballroom that night. You could have caught Boba, Jengo, Vader, and a bunch of troops getting down on the dance floor! Tim's jedi mullet was pretty funny, too!

TimC, TimB, Jay, and Chuck wore their jedi or trooper costumes on Friday, but most of us in the SMT didn't get into costume on Saturday until almost 5 or 6pm- and we started around 3pm! I had to turn around and change into BeetleJuice a little after 7pm for the costume contest. Kell wore her white Padme costume for a bit early Sat, then came back in the rainbow dress and with Leia for the contest that night.

Next year I'll definitely try to be in costume for longer periods of time. For most of the con I was dressed like Kevin Smith! I'm also going to go ahead and get a room for Friday and Saturday night. I only live 10 minutes away from the hotel, but at 1:30-2am it's a loooooonnng drive!
  6. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey if you need extras or a stunt guy I'd be interested. Don't think I'd be very good at a voice part though.

-Dennis Quaid um I mean Tim C. (I think that should be my new sig.)
  7. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Oh, yes it should, Tim.

Yeah, we meant to be in costume sooner, but between getting into our suite, getting everything unpacked, etc. it pushed us back several hours. Sorry we missed you, Kelly. Perhaps you can come to one of our meetings in the future.
  8. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    3pm is a bit late for a check in, and the way the stairs are set up in that hotel it takes quite a while to get everything up to the room. Maybe next year we can snag one of those luggage carts and unload at the front door. Live and learn, huh Tim?

Kelly- be sure to keep an eye out for our next get-together. We'd love to have you out.
  9. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hell, we did[/b] unload at the front door! It took longer to find a cart than it did anything else! I think the hotel had maybe 1 1/2 carts total. (The one on cinder blocks equals half a cart. We were on Democrat Road, after all.)

Kelly: You should come to our next get-together and give us the lowdown on your film in person.
  10. queenofthegeeks Jedi Knight

star 1
    When and where is your next meeting? I looked on the Suspicious Mind Trick website, but couldn't find the dates or locations. :)
  11. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Nothing on schedule yet, Kelly. We'll give you a holler when we come up with something.
  12. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I know John mentioned getting together at his new place after he's moved in. I would like to do another group costume shoot sometime. Maybe one weekend we could all meet downtown in front of the pyramid, Tom Lee Park, or at Graceland.
  13. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Wonder if we'd get shot trying to get our picture done in front of the gates at Graceland?

I have to figure out my personal schedule for April before we plan TimmyCon and the Drive-In schedule. If things work out, we may be able to start in early May, depending on how things go for me. I'd love to start earlier, but I'll have to deal with getting things prepped for my visitors.
  14. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    Sorry you missed us,
    yes vader and a royal guard was there.
    i was in vader from 11am till 2-3pm? and joey was in his guard costume longer than that.
    then,like they said,the 501st came back out around 1am for the dance in the ballroom.

you dont know pain till youve suffered for 4 hours in a pred suit then dance in a vader costume till 3am!
  15. TK_1427 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ...or in armor for 18 hours Fri night/Sat morning, then another 4 hours Sat evening. Skip, we must be some sick individuals!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck
  16. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I'm just glad you guys in the 501st aren't afraid of soap and water or deodorant like a lot of con goers!
  17. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    It was pretty obvious that not all rooms at the Holiday Inn Select are equipped with plumbing.
  18. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    ...or air conditioning!
  19. queenofthegeeks Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hate that I missed you guys. :) Especially the dancing Vader. Hopefully someone got that one on video tape. :p

I'm attempting to acquire a Corvette Convertible for the drive-in scenes and my friend asked, "Is Vader going to actually drive the convertible?". I replied, "No.", of course, but I couldn't help but think that would make a hilarious photo. :p

A bit of an update. Talked with a local actress last night at the Media Co-op and she is very interested and have a few other emails in my box from a number of posts made just last night, so we're moving right along. Hopefully, I'll have a definitive shooting schedule the first of next week. :)

Thanks guys!
  20. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Sounds great!

If you need a beat-up Dodge Neon I can hook you up with one of those!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.