main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Post Ewok Party Luke has been hiding in a cave meditating for 3 decades. He had terrible visions of blue admirals, kids named Anakin Solo, space Orcs, and moons crushing good friends, until he finally snaps out of his 30 year vision, ready to prevent that future and begin training Jedi.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't remember what we're supposed to be talking about anymore.:(

3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hmm, I have to admit that news of Tatooine's return has me less than excited. Hopefully its inclusion is for more than "greatest hits" purposes. Or in other words, anything but a Cantina Part 2 scene where Han or his daughter or someone gets into a gunfight.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I’m not that surprised, TBH. Remember, every SW film has featured Tatooine apart from TESB. The planet is synonymous with Star Wars.

5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The New Chosen one also lives on Tatooine he is also a slave & drives pods ! & is 5yo so not to old to start the training , he says ye-haa all the time & Jar Jar's son is his pet........

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Them returning to Tatooine is further evidence that they understand the Star Wars formula. I don't think it shows that they only want a fan servicing nostalgia trip just that they respect the way GL has told these stories so far. It makes me even more excited to see the end product. :D

7. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I had a similar thought. Luke dies and that's where they bury him, next to his Aunt and Uncle.

Or, that's where he lives and works.

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I'm looking forward to a return to Tatooine, but I find it odd that so many people are assuming the homestead set is being recreated. Have they all forgotten this?

[​IMG]

I mean I suppose Luke could go back for some reason, but I can't imagine what would need to be salvaged from the charred remains of his long-deserted childhood home which would require that set to be reconstructed in Morocco.

StoneRiver and SnaggletoothPaste like this.
  9. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    He works at Tosche Station... selling power converters.:)

10. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Well, but he could technically be the owner of that prized bit of real estate, and simply want the land.

Or maybe it's Ben's hovel that he returns to, and not the Lars farm. Who knows what treasures abounded in Obi-Wan's fortress of solitude?

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Somebody's finally getting around to burying his aunt and uncle! Great job, farmboy. Only took you 3 decades!

Mystery Roach likes this.
  12. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Marketing tie-in for Disney. Luke has been hanging all these years in Ben's secret "man cave " watching sports non stop on ESPN.

Yancy

13. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Likewise. I've just returned from a trip to Tunisia 2 weeks ago. Tunisia is Tatooine, I hope they go there and not Morocco

14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Maybe in his age, Luke is becoming a tad tired. Maybe one day he decides to shirk his responsibilities as protector of the galaxy and decides to finally go to the Toshee Station and get those blasted power converters because he wants to fix up his classic ride as a retirement project?

15. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    I thought I had read something about political unrest in Tunisia that might make filming there dangerous. I'm glad to hear you had a safe trip there, though. If it is safe, I agree...the Lars moisture farm is Tunisia (the planet's name was, after all, inspired by the Tunisian town Tataouine, even though that's not exactly where the filming took place)! But I wouldn't object to some pick-up shots in Morocco to show other parts of the planet or something. There are interesting sites all around the world (Earth) that would fit right in on Tatooine.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Owen and Beru have come back as deadites, so Luke must dispose of them.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  17. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Well Tunisia is where the Arab Spring all kicked off a few years ago now. From what the locals were telling me and from what I experienced it was fine (despite the UK government having travel warnings for certain areas). The place seemed to be booming, new Govermnent building lots of new roads etc.

I guess 'just to be safe' Morocco is probably a more sensible bet, there's alos things like tax incentives etc that may decide it.

And it also sounds like a good excuse for another trip if they do film there...

18. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    There's certainly that advantage of two Tunisian suns over Moroccan just one... o_O

19. Hydro spanner Celt

Hydro spanner Celt Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    After few celta beers could swear in matmatta did have twin suns

Visivious Drakarn and solo77 like this.
  20. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  21. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They certainly seem to be.

23. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    4 week shoot in Abu Dhabi .

24. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    4 weeks seems like a very long time must be a major location in the movie maybe even some big action sequences.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.