main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecurseofchris

thecurseofchris Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    I'd much rather see Dantooine than Tatooine.

Han Burgundy likes this.
  2. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Instability and danger?

3. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I've been assuming Disney will spend less on these movies than Lucas did (inflation adjusted). No?

4. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    markdeez and Mystery Roach like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I keep getting all of these Ishtar flashbacks.

RobShanti and Gallandro like this.
  6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Yeah THR said their sources told them that Tunisia is currently too dangerous for a large-scale production so they had to go elsewhere for Tatooine.

7. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    I thought I had read that somewhere.

8. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    This is a load of bull. I've just been there and the place is fine, all the locals say so as well. It's a shame that this has put them off

9. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

Suggest you read this:

http://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/religious-violence-in-tunisia-three-years-after-the-revolution

Some recent bits of info:

In October 2013, a few days after the start of the National Dialogue, a suicide bomber attacked a hotel resort in Sousse, while authorities barely averted another attempted suicide bombing on the mausoleum of Tunisia’s first President Habib Bourguiba.[14] The attack in Sousse marked the first suicide bombing in Tunisia since the Djerba attack in 2002. Most recently, on February 16, 2014, suspected Islamist militants killed two policemen in the Jendouba area of western Tunisia.[15] These incidents clearly indicate that religiously-motivated violence in Tunisia is not only on the rise, but that attacks are increasingly organized.

Of course the locals are going to tell you everything is fine, they don't want to lose the business. No major film company is going to shoot there when there are other options available. UAE has some ridiculous kickbacks to companies that shoot there, in addition you have access to high tech facilities in Abu Dhabi.

Yancy

10. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  11. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah I know about that one. A one off, hundreds of miles from any SW locations. More people are killed in the UK everyday.

BTW the guy was a pretty useless suicide bomber. Security wouldn't let him onto the resort so he blew himself up on the beach away from people, not the sharpest tool in the shed shall we say.

I can understand there concerns if governments are warning against. From my own personal experience it wasn't a problem, but perhaps for a high profile American film crew it's not worth the risk. Such a shame, beautiful country and the real home of SW.

12. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    I understand your feelings... in many ways I feel the same. But Disney's insurance adjusters simply wont take that risk.

Yancy

13. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    The real home of Star Wars is whatever's portrayed for the 2 hours on screen. Tatooine could be replicated anywhere. They literally just shot on an empty desert

14. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I am a bit confused. Didn't THR report just this week that they are building an extensive recreation of the Tatooine set in Morocco, which seemex to mesh with a report by Hitflix or one of those sites that filming was starting in Morocco on May 14. Now THR is reprting that filming is going to happen in UAE fot Taooine in mid May. Which is it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

15. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Yes they did say that. THR been all over the place lately on VII news. Got the old link here.. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-filmmakers-694620

16. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Having made the pilgrimage to Tunisia to visit the original sets & locations I don't feel like that. I would recommend it if you ever get the opportunity, it will blow you away.

Hydro spanner Celt likes this.
  17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Immortiss likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Or that they're hungry? :p

Darth Punk likes this.
  19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    What are the odds, that someone on these boards, phones that number?

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  20. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That's their recreation of the Millennium Falcon. Han's made more modifications.

Sum-Wan and The Hellhammer like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Well... we finally know what Tosche Station looks like. I never would have considered it was mobile.

22. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    The link doesn't seem to be working... What did the picture show?

23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    this:
    [​IMG]

Mange likes this.
  24. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I think Luke will be living in isolation on Tatooine at the beginning of EP7 {maybe with the droids}.Then we will find out he tried to rebuild the jedi order but failed so that's why he went into isolation.But of coarse the new threat to the galaxy will bring him out of isolation and the new trio of leads will be who he trains.

Darth_Zidious and Immortiss like this.
  25. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Thanks Darth Punk! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.