main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    How do you know this?

2. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    My hopes and dreams are crushed. :(

3. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    If this movie doesn't have a grey disc/water pipe in it I will boycott.

4. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Nah, I still think it might be for Episode VII. I mean, why would they set up a full blown giant tent if they were just fixing a water pipe. Just because there is a resort "near" there, doesn't mean it's for a pipe.

5. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    That's what they WANT us to think. [face_devil]

TheTwinSuns likes this.
  6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    While I doubt it's for episode VII, I just like to imagine JJ Abrams face if those were real. I imagine its like this:
    [​IMG]
    and he probably then sent the "Disney Sniper" to go hunt down the photographer because god forbid somebody break his mystery box:p

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Because it's damn hot there and those poor fools need a break from the heat. I doubt they'd film if there was indeed a resort anywhere near the area.

8. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Oh yeah, agreed. I obviously could be wrong, but who honestly knows?

9. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Since this is JJ Abrams one of the true ways to figure out if its a set pic or not is to simply wait. If we hear of websites being demanded to remove it, then its probably a set pic (so you guys should have probably saved that pic). If not, then its probably either soo minor that the studio isn't bothering to remove it or its not a set pic. Sadly Abrams doesn't seem to be the type who just lets set pics go around willy nilly (like how Marvel is)

10. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Wow, people here are so desperate for any Episode VII news they'll believe anything won't they?

I'm not sure people here won't die from excitement when we get an official cast member announced or set photo released.

11. TheTwinSuns

Apr 26, 2013
    Yeah, but if this is a set pic it doesn't give anything away, where as others usually do.

12. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't really understand why secrecy is so important to Abrams.

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I hear its all because some awful superman script he wrote got leaked and it was apparantly soo bad that they killed the project due to fan hate. Ever since he is all OCD to make sure leaks dont ever happen again

14. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah I remember that. The script was embarrassing.

15. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    JJ on the Mystery Box

Momotaros likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    He's definitely suffering from PTSD for his "Superman: Flyby" script leak (and the whole damn thing is on the Internets if you wanna find it). I think Abrams is just "this is the movie I made" and doesn't wanna chat it up beforehand so people will accept it as a finished product and not bits and pieces. The problem with The Mystery Box approach is that everything gets sucked into it so any bit and/or piece is treated as a major thing. He does the pre-release publicity game in highly controlled press environments with scenes being shown and trailer released at the appropriate time but it's a vacuum beforehand. Officially released videos or photos for his Trek flicks while filming? Nada. If the Behind the Scenes crew film crew is doing stuff during shooting, their footage for the day is probably locked in a time-coded vault or something afterwards (do not edit BTS footage until 2 days after worldwide release!).

17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I saw that video. I wanted to post about it several times but didn't know what to say. I am glad someone else is posting it. Gotta say-he's all over the place with no focus in this. I have NO idea what the hell he is talking about it and where he is going with it.

Mystery Box-technology-quiet emotional moments-explosions-Tom Cruise's hand---huh?

So the bottom line is we don't know anything about Episode 7 in honor of JJ's grandfather?

18. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Also, Abrams acted a bit bizarrely last year after STID took some criticism, he blamed the decision to hide Khan in the marketing on Paramount (which I highly doubt is true) and he blamed the tie-in video game for its mediocre box office. I think JJ is a bit thin skinned.

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I can tell. SO....off the mystery box topic. Lets pretend that we do get set pics *of the cast* who do you think we'll see first: New cast or Old cast?
    I'm thinking the new cast. I think it's gunna be a while till we see the original 3.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Knowing Carrie Fisher's incredibly bizarre persona history I think it's entirely possible that we'll see her in a bar in full Princess Leia costume.

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Can we stay away from making reference to Carrie Fisher's mental health history?

gambit420 likes this.
  22. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Saying it looks like the escape pod is a rather large stretch...
    Its part of an water/oil pipeline folks. Nothing to see here

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

There's no doubt in my mind that this is for SW. If this were some water/oil pipeline then they designed one that looks exactly like the foot of an AT-AT for some odd reason.

FRAGWAGON and The Hellhammer like this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The architects and designers of that pipeline are SW fans. :p

25. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    So the movie has a close up shot of an AT AT foot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.