main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    This is about as exciting as... well, it's not exciting at all. *sigh*

2. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    It's exciting that the movie is moving forward. It's new Star Wars. Sure there's not much detail to the information but the confirmation of time period plus the fact that there will be an emphasis on three new leads is refreshing. I think it's a meaningful announcement and I am happy to have the information.

#hopingforPadmeForceGhostinEpisodeVII

Immortiss, Bob Octa, Jobertus and 4 others like this.
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Eh, to me it's exciting. Even though we all expected for Episode VII to be 30 years after ROTJ and for the OT3's kids to be involved, this is the very first piece of plot setting in regards to the movie.

Immortiss, EHT, Bob Octa and 4 others like this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So, I've been suffering from insomnia these past few days and has therefore spent almost 24 hours a day at this forum. When I finally get out of the house for a few hours, I miss an actual announcement! [face_beatup]

No but seriously, I almost got a bit teary-eyed reading this. Not that the information is a big shocker or anything, but all of a sudden it just felt a little more real. Star Wars Episode VII, my friends.

Star Wars Episode VII!

Immortiss, JainaSoloYJK, EHT and 2 others like this.
  5. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Oh man I thought I was the only one :D

Oh and by the way my reaction to the news....

6. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    This news is trending on Facebook now. Imagine what will happen when we get bigger news.

7. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012

It's trending higher than the news of the Incredibles sequel. Disney went all out today.

8. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Whoa! I missed that somehow. Great day. :D

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Shocking news. :p

10. tkrunner1738

tkrunner1738 Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2014
    Is anyone else thinking that a 1.5 years is a little short to shoot and edit before the release date of Dec. 18, 2015?

11. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

The unions are a lot less influential these days. Their power and influence was largely broken by the Thatcher government of the 1980s, so I wouldn't imagine it'll be held-up by afternoon tea breaks and shutting-up shop at 5.30pm regardless. That isn't Britain anymore, although that isn't necessarily a 100% positive thing. Workers need protection from exploitative employers, although I'm not suggesting Lucasfilm was such.

12. Bike_Guy

Bike_Guy Jedi Master

Jun 12, 2003
    If only we had the webcam again to watch the set construction.

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So excited!!!!

14. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Finally, something!!! While it's not the news I've been waiting to hear, cast and title, it's still great to have this! I'm sure within the next month we'll get the casting list but the title we may not get until the end of this year :(. As we get closer to the casting announcement I'm getting more nervous. Like what if we don't have all of the Big 3, I'm sure we'll get at least one of them but I want all of them!

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, it's plenty of time. Post production is a much quicker process now than it was ten years ago.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I know. I was all like...

[​IMG]

TKT, Episode Swag, Krueger and 3 others like this.
  17. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Khan? SW/ST crossover? .... just kidding!

18. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012

Plagueis clearly. :p

19. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I think the internet will crash 100%.

20. tkrunner1738

tkrunner1738 Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2014
    I just am hoping its not all green/blue screen stuff

QsAssistant likes this.
  21. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I have to say that the other day I was just thinking, "Episode VII... meh". I was getting tired of having no news, so much so that I was at the point where I didn't care if the Big 3 were announced or not. Then we get news that filming starts in May and I'm all like, "STAR WARS!!!!" Now I need that conformation that the Big 3 will be in it! lol

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  22. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    What news? The new Star Wars will be set several decades after ROTJ, feature new young leads and old familiar faces alike?

In other news, Avatar 2 will be directed by James Cameron and feature a lot of CGI.

I suppose if you spend your days scrambling for "info" and actually believe the "insider" crap you read at various BS Star Wars "news" sites, you might need the obvious pointed out to you...

23. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I know right? At this point, most of the ships, planets and characters have been designed and models built. Sets are all but constructed. Costumes are nearing completion. A good amount of pre-vis work is probably done, and not to mention cg character animation work has most likely begun...
    In other words, WOO HOO! [face_dancing]

24. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Good News :)

25. seasider

seasider Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    So does this pretty much debunk the internet rumors of Abrams dumping Arndt because he wanted Luke, Leia and Han to be front and center in Episode 7 and not just supporting characters?

Jobertus, -Jedi Joe- and Episode Swag like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.