main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    A drone? We want spoilers, not world war 3

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Exactly what I think. But I'm still suspicious of the fact those pics got removed so quick.

3. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Seriously, I see them flying around here all the time. Even Amazon asked the FAA permission to start their drone delivery system last week (glad to know you UPS and FedEX). What are the laws like in the UK for drone hobbyists?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003

It doesn't seem likely that actors' personal trailers would be labelled with their characters' names, but it's possible that the signs were on other trailers that contained the things associated with those characters - ie costumes, props and other things each character needs. So they put the (possibly decoy) names on the trailers so everyone knows that it contains the stuff for that character - and the same names could be used on all production documentation.

So someone called rocker #3 doesn't sound important, yet if there is more than one and they aren't identical then they may need a trailer for their characters' individual items. They may also be more important than they sound, yet have been given a generic decoy name.

5. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Keenser was the best thing about Trek!!

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Rumor has it that Jurassic World wraps filming August 6th 2014, any guesses as to when Star Wars Episode 7 wraps filming ?

7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm going to post this in here as the links to the Puzzlewood stuff are here.

AICN has a new post on a possible location that seems to me like it could be part of the same planet as the Puzzlewood stuff. Watch the video and mute the sound with some Williams on. Looks perfect for SW.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/68120

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

Star Wars 7 News has some tweets further confirming the location and also some cool pictures.

[​IMG]

How cool does that place look? They are getting some really beautiful locations for this movie.

9. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed, it looks amazing.

I'm not an EU expert, but could it and Puzzlewood be Tython?

Isn't Tython where the force was discovered? Or am I talking crack?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    just saw this. awesome.

11. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    So beautiful. JJ and his team sure have a good eye for locations.

Satipo likes this.
  12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    If this is the same "forest planet" location as Puzzlewood, I would guess it's not Yavin, Endor or Dagobah. Yay for new planets!

Satipo likes this.
  13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, I have a feeling this is somewhere new. I cannot for the life of me see JJ, KK, LK and MA wanting a return to Endor.

14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Could this be, dare I say it, the Island of Aborah?

[​IMG]

Note that the Island of Aborah is a....

"....dormant smoker, underneath which lay a number of interconnected lava tubes, remnants of its violent, volcanic past."

This concept is similar to the early drafts of Palpatine's underground Throne Room on Had Abbadon (which would later become Coruscant) from ROTJ.

[​IMG]

Satipo likes this.
  15. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Wow what a stunning looking place this new rumoured location is. Very mystical.

Satipo likes this.
  16. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably early September, but maybe later because of Ford.

Those pics look really cool. Definitely Star Wars-y.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Well Lucasfilms said they are wrapping up filming in the Fall of 2014, I don't know what the weather is like in The winter in England but a few years ago I ordered a Tin Tin movie cover, Empire Magazine to be delivered to the state of Maryland from England. I ordered the magazine in December it did not arrive till late March because of a huge snow storm in England, I would think inclement weather around pinewood studios in England could Wreak Havoc on production so based on that I would think that they would want to wrap by the winter 2014......

18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    If they say fall, which is autumn over here, they will rap by then. During the autumn, it's generally pretty raining and windy and getting cold. Of course by that stage they may well have finished location shooting and be wholly based at the studios.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Plus, "huge snow storms" aren't very common in England. But it's often raining. :p

Claire1976 likes this.
  20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    but even inclement weather can delay a production in a studio, trust me I am from New York and visited the Adirondacks, Jay New York, my grand parents owned an A-Frame house not to far from Lake Placid in Ausable Acres. and it is called either Autumn or Fall in the states, Fall as in leaves falling of trees. The year I got that Empire Magazine there was a huge Snow storm that year in England so it could happen :)

21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I think we've got enough groundless hysteria and panic going on without coming up with hypothetical meteorological reasons to freak out over :)

22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Not freaking out just pointing out the obvious from what Lucasfilms said. My friends all say I am very intuitive. I meant to write Off in my last post, I typed to fast, my bad:(

23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Are you saying you've a premonition the shoot might be halted by a freak British snow storm? :)

EHT and TK327 like this.
  24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    No I am saying I have a feeling that the two week Hiatus is happening the moment it becomes August in 2014, and that filming is coming to an end soon may be in September :)

25. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    You're not going to get snow in England until November at the earliest. Two weeks is going to make zero difference weather wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.