main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Films You'd Actually Like Remade

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diggy , Mar 7, 2017.

1. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    :)
    Nice try, guys, but i'll never turn to the Dark Side.

2. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Mystery Men deserves another adaptation. It's more relevant now than ever.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A faithful adaptation of Wizard of Oz.

4. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    It'd be nice to see a proper version of "The Hobbit"...not that random 3 movie mess that came out a couple years ago.

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The Invisible Man would make an interesting modern remake. Imagine the havoc an invisible person could wreak on a modern society.

6. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Legend, the one with Tom Cruise. I absolutely love this movie and has one of the most frightening villain of all time. And I know it's in pre production, but a proper Dune movie .

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    No ******* kidding. Has anyone tried to edit that horrendous trilogy down into a decent three hour movie? It seems like it might be doable. I mean, there's nothing to do about some of that stuff, but you could sure as hell tighten it up.

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker likes this.
  8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, there have been a few. As you might expect none of them quite work but some make the sorts of improvements people who are not me and thus are not married to the philosophy of "actually this is great precisely because it's the glorious re-emergence of Peter Jackson's worst habits." :p

9. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, there was this back in 1977...

COMPNOR likes this.
  10. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000

Yeah. Thankfully we have that. Still not quite the same as having a good live action version. Guess we have the inverse situation with The Hobbit and LOTR. The Hobbit- good animated version, bad live action version. LOTR- bad animated version, good live action version (still waiting for the epic mega super extended version of ROTK....more Aragorn, less epic hobbit fest in Mordor).

In all fairness, the Hobbit isn't entirely Peter Jackson's fault. I read that it was already a mess when he came on board and he had to make do with what was there.

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I was actually thinking about this recently. I don't necessarily need a remake of The Lion in Winter, but I really wish they made more of that kind of historical drama these days. My life won't be complete until Tom Hardy gets to play Henry II.

Sarge and MrZAP like this.
  12. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    What about Branagh, though? I feel like he deserves a crack at it. I could see Tom as a good Richard.

But the most important role in any potential Lion in Winter remake, in my opinion, is Eleanor. Katharine Hepburn is possibly the hardest actress in history to follow.

Juke Skywalker and Sarge like this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
  14. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
  15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I would like X-Men: Apocalypse remade as a film worthy of its potential, and of the writing quality we saw in X2 and DOFP.

16. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I agree. This movie was the movie I was most excited for, more so than any other super hero film ever. Apocalypse is one of my top villains of all time, and how easily and quickly He was destroyed was so underwhelming. Also I thought this movie was going to be a 2 part series. If they did it that way they could have made everything feel dire and important and not this quickly hashed out film it was.

17. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    1977 Star Wars.
    Oh, wait, they already did that.
    ROASTEEED

ThisHurricane likes this.
  18. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    They should have kept GL story and just let Abram direct. Instead we get ANH2.0...I still like it for what it is.

19. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I think a reboot of The Professional. With Natalie Portman as a now trained assassin now semi working for the mob guy who employed Jean Reno's character in the original, but she's not really working for him just doing so for her own ends, that kind of thing. She's really out to seek vengeance for what happened to Jean Reno. Add in some backstory to what Gary Oldman's character had been doing and what kind of shady characters he was involved with in the DEA. Maybe she works as an informant/"cleaner" for them as well. But still only to accomplish her own ends, like to gain info on who's who and whatnot. I don't know. I think there's a lot there that could be worked with. And Natalie Portman is at an age where she could do it.

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    There goes the topic

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Speed 2.

Always thought it was a disappointing sequel.

22. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    The folly was in putting it on a cruise ship. It's antithetical to the title. Now a plane that is not allowed to land on the other hand...

I won't say a train because Denzel Washington and Chris Pine already did that in Unstoppable. It was a decent flick, and based on a true story no less, you should see it. If it's on on television, that is, let's not get crazy.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    An adaptation of Avatar: the Last Airbender done right.

24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

25. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Kind of an insult to poor Lazenby, though. He had one shot and they remake it. Though I'm sure he'll take it in stride, if his opening line in the movie is any indication.