main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Filoni starting to have too much power, corrupting Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by anakinfan2, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfan2

anakinfan2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2015
    The same that happens when a talented guy gains more and more power,
    Michael Bay make very good movies at first, now he has those terrible 4 Transformers movies

3 prime examples here, the way he kills off Luminara in Rebels, criticized here http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-into-her-own-execution-sarcophagus.50029003/
    and saying Luke is not the only jedi during the OT: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/filonis-workaround-for-last-of-the-jedi.50027889/
    Vader always scowling and red eyes:http://boards.theforce.net/threads/darth-vaders-new-look-rebels.50030197/

What's he gonna change next?

Davak24 likes this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would think his power is limited. All these people have to go through the Story Group. Even if Filoni wants to do something like say Luke is not the only Jedi (which I don't think he outright said, he merely said there were points of view that could accommodate that), the Story Group would have to sign off on it. Filoni can say whatever he wants as speculation or plausible possibilities, but the Story Group is what unifies all projects as canon, and if they say no to the idea of there being any other Jedi but Luke during OT (which I kind of figure they will, unless there are a bunch of other Jedi running around besides Luke in TFA, but I don't get that vibe), then there are no other Jedi but Luke.

I don't know that the Story Group actively will say what a project HAS to do, but it probably tells them what they cannot do. And if Filoni hypothetically wanted Ahsoka to survive Rebels and go off and train a new Order of Force users during the OT, he'd probably get vetoed.

The death of Luminara was fair game under the new canon, which Disney decided on.

Vader always scowling has little to do with Filoni. Filoni only made the decision to use McQuarrie art as a reference point for his show, and that was how Vader was depicted. The TIEs and stormtroopers also look a little bit different. And as Pablo said, the fact that the stormtroopers look different in Rebels has merely to do with the art style and SHOULD NOT be indicative of an in universe phase of armor, like the clones going from phase I to phase II.

3. sir PING1

sir PING1 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2014
    I'll take your opinion of impending doom for a grain of salt since you said Micheal Bay use to make "very good" movies. But if you do happen to be right, I for one welcome our Filoni overlord. Long may he reign.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The Luminara scene in Rebels is still open for debate; and there may be more to the story of her demise than meets the eye.

5. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Oops . Wrong very wrong thread ... again !

6. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    And so the Lockdown Countdown begins again...

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [face_relieved] Got it just before the clock struck midnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.