main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Reconciling "The Last of the Jedi" with Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grendelspyce, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

Glad my other three sets of OT movies are still well-functioning.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'll just pretend it never happened, it's better this way and less time consuming.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, but—unfortunately—were not suddenly silenced.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni takes control of Lucas Film
    Here a the names of 7-9
    7: The Ahsoka Awakens
    8: The Ahsoka strikes back
    9:The Return of Ahsoka.

5. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Filoni doesn't kill his pet characters so I don't think that fans of Kanan & crew have anything to worry about.

Maybe he will prove me wrong with Ahsoka.

7. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
    I find it hard to believe Kanan, Ezra, or Ahsoka will appear in future Star Wars films.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  8. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Not really... I think Filoni nailed it. Yoda may know of them, but that doesn't mean they are Jedi. After all, force sensitives will continue to be born, and some will learn to use the force. Of those, some will be seduced by the Dark Side, and some will stick to the path of light. But that doesn't mean they are either Jedi or Sith.

pepoluan and jabberwalkie like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Filoni will do the right thing.

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why is this even an issue? Yoda says, "No, there is another" referring to another "hope" when Obi-Wan says "That boy is our last hope" in ESB. Yoda is not referring to another Jedi, just another hope (presumably Leia). Luke is the last of the Jedi in RotJ because he was trained as a Jedi (for like two weeks). Ahsoka wouldn't be a Jedi as she left the Jedi Order, so she doesn't have to be killed off to make Luke the "last of the Jedi will you be." I wouldn't even classify Kanan or Ezra as Jedi as they are not part of the Jedi Order.

Thus, Yoda saying, "No, there is another" and Vader saying "If you will not turn to the Dark Side, then perhaps she will"; both are referring to Leia as a potential Force-user that can be trained to their own side of the Force. And that would be true of any potential force user.

ObsGryphon likes this.
  11. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
    I don't see how the Ghost Rebels crew could be such a huge part of the Rebellion only to not appear in IV, V, & VI. If they are alive during those films, where are they?

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Darth_Pevra like this.
  12. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Lol Ezra is a slide case...but Ashoka and Kanan got all their training from the Jedi Order.

If they are around then there is no reason for Luke to not interact with them that is the problem. I mean surely they would offer to give Luke a few pointers especially Ashoka considering Luke Skywalker is not rocking an Alias. A strong force senstive with the last name Skywalker.....Ashoka should be able to add 2 and 2 together.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
    I just remembered. The Ghost crew was on Alderaan during the events of Episode IV. Mystery solved.

14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Or they were off doing something somewhere else. It's a REALLY big galaxy after all.

pepoluan and jabberwalkie like this.
  15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    *crosses fingers* :p

Vib3s and Darthmaul208 like this.
  16. Galactic Fenix

Galactic Fenix Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 23, 2015
    Honestly, I just think Lucas came up with that line on the spot to make Luke seem extra special. You guys know how "chosen one" stories go. In my opinion the idea of all the Jedi being completely gone except Luke, Obi Wan, and Yoda is a bit ridiculous to me. The thing is there's been so many contradictions that came after the OT that it's not even that big of a deal anymore. This is what happens when you make things up as you go along instead of planning everything before putting them on the silver screen.

I don't blame Filoni for wanting to put Jedi in Rebels. I mean can you really do a SW cartoon without them? It's like taking wizards out of Harry Potter.

Toonimator likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Well Kanan was apart of the Order and just because the order is disbanded does not mean he or Ezra can't be Jedi.

18. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
    The definition of "Jedi" seems to have been blurred.

But the way I see it, the Jedi cannot truly exist as long as the Sith and the Empire rule the galaxy. Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka can follow the ways of the Jedi, but the Jedi cannot truly "Return" until the Sith and Empire are defeated.

19. Galactic Fenix

Apr 23, 2015
    I don't know, I think post-ROTS that as long as you have a non-red lightsaber, are force-sensitive, and use the force for good then you can be a Jedi. I don't think you need to be part of some huge order to a Jedi. Didn't Vader still consider Obi-Wan a Jedi even though the Sith were in power?

20. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015

I suppose. But like I said, the definition seems to vary. The whole purpose of being a Jedi is maintaining peace and justice in the galaxy. It's much easier to do that when there are several Jedi working together (Jedi Order) rather than just being a few Force-sensitive beings scattered across the galaxy.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    See unlike Sith I think anyone can become a jedi.

22. Galactic Fenix

Apr 23, 2015

That's the thing with Force terms, there isn't much to it besides Jedi, Sith, or Fore Sensitive. Can you be powerful in the force without being Jedi or Sith? If you're not ruling the galaxy or trying to save it then what are you? That's something I think about sometimes. I think Kanan and Ahsoka are still considered Jedi because they are trying to maintain peace and justice, maybe Ezra too but he's still a noobie so I dunno if he counts just yet.

I don't know how long the Jedi Order was around but I wonder if before they founded it if the people who were on the light side of the force thought of themselves. Did they call themselves Jedi?

23. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015

This is the closest thing I could find.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

24. Galactic Fenix

Apr 23, 2015

Interesting, although I think the name is kinda dumb. I find it funny that you can either be a Jedi, a gray Jedi, a dark Jedi, or a Sith. I guess people with the force aren't very creative with names.

But I guess that pretty much answers my question, I'm glad it's something that's been thought about and put into motion.

25. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    I'd use the term "quasi-Jedi" for Non-Affiliated-With-Jedi-Order-But-Still-Purely-Light-Side.

Galactic Fenix and jakobitis89 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.