main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Reconciling "The Last of the Jedi" with Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grendelspyce, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    The Jedi Order had been suppressed for decades. Even at its peak, it was just tens of thousands inside a galaxy of trillions.

No one in the Rebel Alliance would ever ask if a new Rebel is Jedi or not, because out of millions of registrations, zero ever checked that box.

And Luke blowing Death Star Mk. I? People will attribute it to luck. Even that won't make it into an official report.

Just consider, what would Luke's superior write? "I heard the voice of dead people that told me to use the Force to press the button?"

Most likely it will be written: "Pilot relied on instincts gained through years of hunting small animals from moving vehicles."

Ahsoka/Kanan/Ezra somewhere in the Galaxy might only heard even less: "Thanks efforts by the Red Squadron, the Empire's Death Star has been destroyed."

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk

thatotherjedi likes this.
  2. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Okay, the point of order 66 was to exterminate the Jedi and then you had the period call the "Jedi Inquisition" with Inquisitors to mop up the rest. To make Luke "the last Jedi" all of the Jedi have to be dead or dormant (i.e. Yoda, Ben).

Considering Ashoka is openly a Jedi (pardon me, force user) and if she has a higher place in the rebel hierarchy (something that I would detest), then other jedi would probably be encouraged to reveal their full capabilities to best help the rebels. (edit: i don't think the rebels ever got enough personal to register in the millions)
    But if there weren't any Jedi then what you say would make more sense.
    Regardless, even if Luke didn't have the help of the force to destroy the DS I, Jedi would have been attracted to the Rebellion as a credibly threat to the Empire. They reveal they are Jedi, find out that Obi-Wan was coming with this farm boy who coincidentally destroyed the DS I and gain interest (jedi seem to be able to skip a few ranks in the Rebellion). Why don't they help him? Because there aren't any to help.
    Running on the speculation that they are still in the Rebellion at this point (and Ashoka is in a high place), then they've heard. (edit: You'd think Bail would tell her about a trip to pick up Obi-Wan, don't you?)

We could have endless debates on how Filoni could work around Luke is "the last Jedi" it doesn't build Luke's story, it detracts.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    No they would not ask if a new random rebel is a Jedi or not. A Jedi in the Rebel alliance is highly likely to be well informed higher-up. This alliance was formed by those who were loyal to the Republic and trusted the Jedi. Those same people would know of any active Jedi within the rebellion. The report on the destruction of the Death Star would include actual statements on what happened from Luke. These people would read the report and know Luke believes he used the force. It is unlikely that they would not pass that message on to other Jedi in the Rebellion, and those Jedi being uninterested in meeting Luke. It would take an extreme amount of ignorance from the leaders of the Rebellion for Luke's ability to use the force to not get to other active Jedi's in the Rebellion.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Hyrum_Solo like this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    In the OT, nobody really cares Luke's a Jedi in the Rebel Alliance. I highly doubt reports would mention him using the Force in battle; something Luke probably rarely mentions to anyone outside his closet circle of friends.

5. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    Which just happens to include one of the leaders of the Rebellion....

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    And? your point being?

As Filoni mentioned before, nobody shows any remote interest in Luke carrying around a lightsaber - the Jedi have been gone for so long, that nobody knows anything about them. The chances, as he said, its highly likely nobody knew/or cared.

7. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    When dismissing the pilots before the Death Star fight scene the rebel leader says, "may the Force be with you"..... As I already explained this rebellion was started by those who still had faith in the Jedi, and helped some Jedi to escape the purge. An in universe reason that no one shows interest is because in ANH no one knows yet (too busy prepping for Death Star and everything), but by the time of ESB they have been around him and his lightsaber for 3 years. The Jedi have only been gone for 20ish years. Han Solo lived through the Clone Wars, anyone over 30 would have been well aware of the Jedi order, and anyone over 40 would have been adults when the Jedi Order fell. Assuming the vast majority of species have a similar life span as humans of about 80 years that would be at least 33% of the population, probably closer to 40%, who were adults when Order 66 happened. The Jedi are not some underground secret that only a few people know about. Almost everyone 30 or older would have at the very least heard of the Jedi, most would have seen them on the news once or twice. Everyone 20 or older would have been born prior to the Purge. Most likely a decent percentage of people under 20 would have at least heard stories or rumors about Jedi. Jedi would not be an unknown to most people.\

Consider this. If the NSA was dismantled today, in 20 years would the NSA be a complete unknown to most people? For reference 20 years ago was 1994.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Hyrum_Solo like this.
  8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm considering the words of Dave Filoni, who is probably in the stronger position to understand the thinking of attitudes towards Luke and Jedi skills in the OT. He himself said, in an interview last summer, that many within the Alliance probably assumed (like many at the time) Luke just came across old Jedi relics and kept them.

So yeah, I'm inclined to believe someone at LA than a random poster.

A Lovable Jerk likes this.
  9. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah while that may be part of it, I always thought that both the dismissal before the Battle of Yavin and prior to the Battle of Endor that it was more of a GFFA version of good luck.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

What the hell?

He's not in a stronger position to understand the OT, he's simply in a position to insert his interpretations into Star Wars.

Dave Filoni is the guy that said Han can't understand Chewie. Believe that one? If Dave Filoni said Yoda was a secret Sith Lord, would you believe that, too?

Jesus. Dave Filoni said it, so you buy it, just like that.

Not to mention that appealing to authority like this pretty much defeats the purpose of a discussion forum.

11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    CT-867-5309
    That's not gonna work [face_shame_on_you]
    Dave Filoni said to mentally deflect all negative comments about his authority and that's what we are going do

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    These guys are writing canon, there is no more the luxury of Lucas's hierarchy canon levels anymore with the hope or chance something written could be discarded or retconed later, there is only one universal canon and it is whoever Lucasfilm hires as writers and directors and the producers sign off on or orders of what they want inserted and hire them to carry it out. I would prey for the best but expect the worst, about all we can do. Filoni I think atleast does pay attention to the EU(whether thats good or bad is another thing) and he's worked very closely with Lucas for 10 or so years. At the end of th day, its always gonna be their barbecue.

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I agree with this.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I do, I simply forgot. Not as young as I once was. lol

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah It's okay.

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...s?hub_page_(front_page)=&utm_content=6&page=2

18. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think he just does it for you.

20. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
  21. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I wonder if people would say the same things about Filoni if Lucas was still on top at Lucasfilm..... I wonder......

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Nah then they just share the blame.

It does get tiring for me Image how much it stinks for Filoni?

23. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    He's taken on the fan's ire much the same way that Lucas took it for the PT.

"We want more! No we don't want it from you!"

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

The good thing is most people like what Filoni did with SWR and TCW.

25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

I like what he has done thus far. I was never much into the whole animated series shows before. Now that I have watched TCW and SWR I have a much better appreciation for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.