main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Final C3 Hotel Room Booking Info

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Ok, got the ticket!!! I had 6 browsers going, 3 were IE, 3 were Mozilla, and the mozilla browser, just 1 of them finally got thru!

When I got the hotel code, there was a phone number listed so I called to reserve it. I got WV a room in the Marriott. Now AFTER we all get rooms in the Marriott, we can call back later to request a specific floor, from what the lady on the phone told me. So if we can all get into that same hotel, we can call back later to try and get closer.

Web based signups are ***CENSORED***. And thats all I have to say about that!

Good luck all!!!!!!!

May the Force be with you!

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    The only place through this whole process where they even mention the fan club is at the initial registration through GenCon. Just the part where it's asks "Are you in the fan club?" I didn't see any other mention of it.

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Congrats D_R. Your one of the lucky ones.

OOOh, I wish....nevermind. I'd be banned for that thought...

-Sal

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    You have to select one badge, then click add to cart. Then you can check out. A lot of people are selecting the badge then clicking checkout, which doesn't work.

5. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm trying to register Tina and it keeps taking me back to the page where I typed in her info. Does that mean that it didn't work or is it just giving me the oppertunity to register more people?

6. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    That's what I did. But I feel as the gods are against me today.

Sal, Stacie, if any of you get through, and get a hotel reservation code, CALL ME! I'll let you use my card even, just so we can get the rooms.

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'll do that!

Still trying.

I've got 10 pages open on one browser and about 5 on another. Still no go. This is a freakin' T1 line! sheesh!

-Sal

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Anyone from Pittsburgh FF get through?

9. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    I still have my fingers crossed for you guys! Get those rooms!

*Hopes*

*Passes around the Maalox*....your gonna need it.

EDIT: As I posted above, it was a Mozilla browser that got me all the way thru. I was using Firefox. Dunno if that made a difference.

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Dag nab it, razza frazza, frickety fracken...

Still can't get through. Over 2 hours!

11. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    It looks like Stacie has gotten through. We think. We're trying to get through reserving one hotel room, and if it works, we'll go back for more.

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Em thinks she got through to ordering her ticket. Okay, she got her code and is going to the hotel site.

13. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    WTG guys! Thats a few of you though!! Post hotel info when you get it. I hope we all get the same hotel still!

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    What a cluster... this has been. She's still trying to order the room. Doesn't look like she had much of a choice either. Looks like our room, if she gets the reservation in time, will hold up to 4 people. It costs $151 per night. Oh and it is the Marriott.

I'll let you know her progress as I find out.
    -Sal

15. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    So we don't need to book one for you two then? Cause Zero, Tina and I are booking rooms now. We have ours booked and we're working on the guys room. Then it's onto the girls room and whatever else, so....yeah, who still needs a room?

16. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    ok, Stcie got through, and has so far gotten one room. Sal said Em has gotten through, and got her and Sal's room. I just got through checkout, and going after rooms. Looks like we're almost home free.

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay, we got our room. Yippee!

:mad: I STILL can't get through to order my friggin' badge!

-Sal

18. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm so happy to hear you guys are getting rooms!! And as a bonus, in the same hotel :) Remember we can all agree and call back to ask for certain floor(s)

You breathe a HUGE sigh of relief when you get a room......HUGE....

19. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah it is. Zero's getting more rooms now and I'm trying to get Tina a badge. What fun!

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    As someone else has put it...

We arent' even in Indy yet and are already in lines...

Just glad I got a room. Still need my badge, but that wasn't the priority. At least I can breath a small sigh of relief.

Now, anyone want to guess how long it takes for the rooms to sell out. I don't think they'll last 24 hours.

-Sal

21. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    I have a guess!!

I bet they're all gone by...5 minutes ago!

Yep, that's right, looks like the Marriott is completely booked. We got rooms for us, the guys, the girls and Sal already booked his. Zero tried to get a room for Terry but they were gone when he went to book it. Actually it looks like they're all booked (the ones that are connected anyway).

So, what do I win?

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    So what about the other nearby hotels?

23. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    There are still rooms at the Canterbury, Crowne Plaza and the Courtyard (all are pretty close) as well as some of the farther hotels.

Glad you guys got rooms!

24. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    It is true. I tried to book Terrys room, and the Marriot wasn't an option anymore. I was able to book a room for him and Ginger at teh Courtyard Marriot, which I was informed was right next door to the Marriot. So, at least he is close by. And on the bright side, if anything opens up, he may be able to jump to the Marriot.(Yeah, it's unlikely, but who knows. it could happen.)

25. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    if it's any help...we also used mozilla and got through and i now have a badge...sal if you want help we could probably try it on our computer if you feel comfortable giving us your information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.