main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Final C3 Hotel Room Booking Info

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Rox, I believe that you have a reservation for the Marriot Courtyard because the regular rooms filled up so quickly. I think it is very near the Marriot, though I'm not sure.

EDIT: Here is a good map of the downtown area. Look at the enlarged area to the bottom left. The Courtyard Marriot is caticorner to the convention center.
    http://www.indydt.com/dtmap.html

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Rox
    Am I staying in a totally different hotel from everyone else? If so why? If not cool.

You're in the hotel next to us. As Fluke mentioned, the hotel rooms filled up very quickly and because we couldn't order them in a block they had to be done one at a time. Thank ZeroCool for the reservation, he and I believe it was Tina were the ones who booked the majority of rooms for the group. It was our intention for everyone to be in the same hotel, unfortunately that didn't occur, but they did the next best thing and got you a room at an adjacent hotel.

If I am staying in the same hotel as some of the others...I do have a Grand Cherokee Laredo now and would be interested in car pooling with other people since we would have plently of room in our SUV.

The hotel booked is across the street from both the convention center and the hotel that the rest of us have. Carpooling to and from the convention center won't be neccessary, but if you're willing to help get people to Indy at the start, I believe there are a few who could use the help.

How much is my hotel going to run me and when do I need to pay for it?

Check with Zero to be certain, but I believe the rate is $154 or $164 per night. That's the best we could get for hotels through GenCon

If I'm not going to be in the same hotel with other people and I find something cheaper can I cancel my reservation to go with the cheaper one?

I believe you can, but there is a $50 cancellation fee. I think that's regardless of when you cancel the reservation. Check the C3 website to be certain. ( http://www.starwarscelebration.com/ )

Considering the nightmarish registration system that GenCon had for all of this, that's not a bad outcome. It took some folks hours just to get through that, then several more jujst to get rooms.

Thanks again to Zero and Tina for their work at securing rooms for the group.
    -Sal

3. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    actually it was stacie that did most of it, i was only there for the tail end of it and i didn't do much.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I couldn't find anything on cacelations...I found some cheaper rates on travelocity that I might go with instead. Even if there is a cancelation fee that are also close to the convention center.

5. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Sal pretty much got it.
    We attempted to get rooms for everyone at teh Marriot. Unfortunately, when I went to reserve the last room for you, they were sold out. So I got one at the Courtyard Marriot, whic according to all maps, is across the street from the Marriot. I have heard that hotel do have a list that, when people cancel or if more rooms become available, people on said list can reserve them. I apologize that I wasn't able to get a room for you in the Marriot.

According to the e-mail that I was sent, the price is 137 per night. You can cancel the reservation up until April 16 2005 at a cost of 50 bucks. After that, it's the price of one nights stay.

I can forward the e-mail to you if you want. It should have all the information you need in it.

Hope it helps.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    $137 is the price I found on travelocity. There's no need to change it then.

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Apologies to Stacie. I forgot that she did the grunt work as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.