main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Final Cut has mind of its own

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by WolverineOfTheORS, Oct 11, 2011.

1. WolverineOfTheORS

WolverineOfTheORS Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2006
    It's always nice when you render a huge file, only to find that Final Cut has decided to re-edit a particular bit of music.

Unbelievable. Why does it do this? I've had this problem a few times. I edit the music nicely, make it flow with the visuals, etc. Do a few more cuts, re-watch the vid, and then notice that the music I have just edited has gone all weird.

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Out of curiosity:

- Nested sequences, or no?
    - Are you bringing in the music as something FCP can handle natively, like AIF or WAV, or something it has to render, like MP3?

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. burkevader

burkevader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2008
    I've had similar problems....sometimes even to the point where after I edit everything....I render it out and put the music in a different program

good luck ;)

4. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    When you put effects on a music track, then do edits/level changes/etc that cause it to 'unrender', it can sometimes cause artifacts or anomalies when re-rendering like jumping to another part of the song that you didn't intend it to. I've had it happen a lot, so I just go into the effect editor, turn the effect off an on again and re0render it specifically and then check to see if it came back. It's an audio bug that's always somehow been there.

5. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Sometimes you can wipe out your render cache and it will take care of those things as well. When I was editing more seriously, I did that a couple times a week at the least. It's amazing what that can do to clear out pre-rendered files.

6. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Is your sound mixer turned off in Final Cut when you finish your sound? I have had a similar issue before in Premiere, where everything I mixed got all out of whack but that was only because I still had the sound mixer in the program turned on. Once I turned it off, no problems. But I suppose your issue is after the render process which I have never even had a problem with before in Premiere. I guess all editing software has issues to some extent. I always hear that I should be using Final Cut, not Premiere and now I hear this. I wonder if the investiment will be worth it to get it. Eventually I will get it and add it to my editing suite, but for now I'm using Premiere CS5, Vegas Video and Pinnacle HD Ultimate which is plenty.