1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive '~Final FanFiction ~ Second challenge going on

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Klaus, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    OOC: Just to let you know, I changed my last IC post. :)
  2. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: I was working on it.... *is teh slow*[face_blush]

IC: Lorna Kees

Kev stared at the terminal for a moment. I've seen something similar, he bagen, moving his hands over the switches. After a while, the screen lit up. Lorna made sure to tape the man's moves on the controls. Somehow he called up a floor plan. Several dots marked the positions of them, three moving away, two stationary.

"Hm... could you move away from me, please? I want to make sure those two dots are us."

Lorna rolled her eyes. In that case, she would have jumped to a conclusion without second thoughts. Scientists. Still, she took a step to the side, waited a heartbeat and returned to the terminal.

"So that's us, big surprise." She tried to make sense out of the signs and layout. "Looks circular, can you get the other floors? I want the bridge and the hangars."

Tag: Kev
  3. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    IC: Kev

"That is assuming there is a 'bridge'. This may be designed as a stationary... er, station. Still there should be a central command post." Kev clicked on what appeared to be an arrow pointing up, and the screen flashed onto what appeared to be another floor. "These look like crew quarters." He indicated what seemed to be beds and refreshers. He clicked on the up button again and pointed to a room on the next screen that popped up. "This may be what we want. The hangars may be in the opposite direction." He pointed down.

Kev tilted his head. "There appears to only be us five lost people on the whole station, though we haven't gone through the whole map." He clicked on the down arrows several times. "There appears to be no engine room... those may be hangars or large supply bays."
  4. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6

She made sure to save each floor plan in her HUD's database, as Kev flicked through them. Bridge, up; hangars, down. Pretty much a standard layout. But it bugged her that there was nobody else shown on the displays. Somebody had to be responsible, and her would not be happy once she found him.

"Up, then," she announced. Calling up the plan for their current level she headed towards the corridor again.

Tag: Kev
  5. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Kyp

Kyp walked on in silence, D'Shan trailing behind him. The other Jedi held his peace after telling Kyp about his lost loved and Kyp had taken the time to take a long look at the corridor, hoping to find a comconsole that would tell them a little bit more about the station.
    Maybe it was just their luck but as he rounded a corner, he caught sight of a blue blinking screen on the far end of the corridor. He quickened his steps until he reache it, his slender fingers running over the small keyboard inbedded into the screen.
    He frowned when he realized the language was something he couldn't understand.

"Damn."

Tag: D'shan
  6. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    IC:

D'Shan followed the Jedi in silence, not know what to say. After a while they came to a console that was in a language neither of them could understand. He thought for a moment before saying "step back" and pulling a device out of a pocket.

He attached the device to the console with a snap and pressed a few buttons. "This translates every single language within the last 2000 years. It's usually good enough but if this station is too far beyond that or from my future then it might not work."

He pressed a few more buttons and tried to make it work.

TAG: Kyp

OOC: I might not be on much until I get my new desk set up, I've PMed MsLanna about it and I think she's got something sorted until I return.
  7. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Attention: God-Mode Post: the move is shaking us up.
    The rest is silecne - and darkness. ;)

She had barely made two steps, when suddenly the whole station shook as if under assault. Lorna turned to look to Kev, but he hadn't moved. The station shook again, more violently. Rust and debris rained down on them, accompanied by the screeching of metal. Unable to keep her balance any longer, Lorna dropped onto the floor. Then, there was only darkness.

Tag: all
  8. Klaus Jedi Knight

Dun dun duuun!

The Main game has begun. Watch out for the new set of instructions:

1) All characters are in detention. Each in one cell, and wearing just enough to pass the ToS. (That's undies.) All weaponry and gadgets have been removed.
    2) You cannot escape, not even the Jedi. [face_shame_on_you] Force powers do not work to escape.
    3) You might be able to communicate, but that is up to your wit and abilities.

This is the first challenge:

We start the trials and tribulations, and like good fanficcers, we call on the muses first. And since this is the start, this will be easy. Insert a sentence for the call upon the Muses in iambic pentameters in your post and highlight it green for us to see. Doesn't matter where, just that it fits with the other sentences. A rhyme scheme would be nice, but is not obligatory.

The challenge is won with the completion of a ten-line poem. Either I or moose will then write a God-Mod post stating the new conditions. :)

Any questions?

Situation:

- Deprived of all items but their underwear, the characters sit in single detention.
    - Force Powers are useless for attempts to break free.
    - Communication is allowed.

Current Challenge:

- Write a ten-line poem calling upon the muses for the game.
    - Use iambic pentameters, rhyme is voluntary.
    - Each post must contain one, and only one! line.

The Prize: Freedom!
  9. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    OOC: How can we write a 10 line poem in iambic pentameter, yet keep the post to one line? :confused: Do you mean to post one line at a time? Is double posting allowed? Is this poem supposed to be in character? You have me very confused.
  10. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Oops, I'll try again.[face_blush] You are supposed to write only one line of the poem per post, but the post can be as long as you want. Or need, because the line is not suppoed to stick out. (Therefore marking it green for the otehrs to se...)
    Better?[face_worried]
  11. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    OOC: Ah, i think i understand now.

Kev shivered as he woke up, wondering why he was so cold. He hugged his arms to him and rubbed his bare shoulders. He opened his eyes wide in realization. "Bare?" He looked down at himself to find he was only wearing his boxers... the black silky ones with a red print of lips in a certain area which his wife had gotten for him on his birthday.

"Verna?" He sat up and looked around at gray walls. He was laying on what appeared to be a metal slab that extended from one of the walls. There appeared to be one opening to the room, surrounded by a blue glow. He stood and walked over to it, but stopped right before reaching it. He studdied the blue glow, and could hear a dull thrum. He reached out a finger and quickly pulled it away when he felt a shock. There apparently was a force shield in the entrance/exit to the room. Which makes this some sort of jail cell or something.

"H-hello?" He called out.
  12. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5

When Kyp slowly opened his eyes, he knew something was very wrong. He pushed himself up into a sitting position wondering where he was. It was a small room, the walls a dull grey and there was only one exit -- which made it blatantly clear that he was in a cell of sorts.
    A shiver ran down his spine and he frowned as he realized his clothes were missing. A swift look around the cell told him he'd be sitting around almost naked for a long time. Wearing only his boxers he got to his feet and took a closer look at the exit -- a blue forcefield was in place and when he reached out to the Force, he was literally slammed back.
    He stumbled and his eyes widened a fraction. Again he tried gathering the Force around himself to push at the door but the effect was the same; he stumbled backwards as if being hit in the gut.
    Kyp took a deep breath and dragged a hand through his hair. He was halfnaked and unable to use the Force...
    His mood sunk to below zero.

13. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Okay, I promise never to use expressions like 'iambic pentameter' again. [face_plain] Or maybe next time, I'll link to an explanation. :p Same for calling upon Muses. :oops:

Her head hurt. Lorna reached up rubbing her skull, the short stubble of her hair teasing her palm. Now that had been a freak dream. She grabbed the blanket, but the touch of the rough material made her sit up suddenly. That was not her blanket. And, yshe looked around, this was certainly not her bunk. The walls looked bad enough, but not a single scratch that marked her time as Fett was there. Besides, her bedside locker was missing to. As was about everything she had worn.

Lorna looked around frantically, but apart from her bunk the room was empty. Not a single piece of the Mandalorian armour was to be seen. She hugged herself. If anybody saw her like that, she was so dead. Still, she couldn't stay in this cell forever. Her belly rumbled on cue. We die anyway, she thought as she got up and began to examine the cell.

Her search came up empty, though. No way out, no way to access the controls of the door, the air vent to small to be of any help, even if it hadn't had a grid over it. With bare hands, she wouldn't get anywhere. What if the others were still around? Maybe the Jedi could help for a change, they were supposedly able to manipulate things with their minds only. We act as our inspiration calls, Lorna thought as she began to hammer a morse code against the wall.

Tag: whoever can hear my morse

OOC: The poem so far

He sat up and looked around at grey walls
    His mood sunk below zero
    We act as our inspiration calls
  14. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4

No sooner than he had called out, he heard a faint tapping on the wall to the right. There seemed to be a pattern to the tapping, and as he walked over to the wall, he strained to remember the little he knew of the code. He tapped on the wall a simple message. <<Kev here. Who there?>> He knew it wasn't exactly the most intelligent message, but his mind felt muddled with hunger, and a dull pain throbbed at the back of his skull. I wonder if I was drugged or something. Strangely, the thought did not scare him. Yes, that's probably why I feel so calm.

Tag: Everyone
  15. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5

He sighed as he sat back against the cold wall, a rough ugly green blanket pulled up over his legs. He'd given up trying to find a way out of the cell -- without a sort of instrument he was locked in tight.
    The fact that he was stripped naked down to his underwear didn't bother him as much as the thought that someone had taken his lightsaber. He felt eerily naked without.
    Kyp snorted at the thought and closed his eyes, his mind wandering to the why's and where's and who's of his current predicament. He could feel the Force surrounding him, being within him but once he pushed outward, it felt as if the Force was used against him.

Being locked up was unsettling but it didn't bother him too much -- he'd been through this sort of thing before albeit with clothing.

Not being able to use the Force, even more so.

He couldn't fathom why anyone would want to kidnap him and take his clothes in the process. Slowly he lifted his gaze to the ceiling, wondering if he was being watched. He couldn't see any holocams but that didn't necesarrily mean anything.

Kyp gave up on the thought and closed his eyes again. He hated waiting -- kriff patience being a virtue.

"Hello?" He called out, not expecting a response but to pass the time he kept yelling, "Anyone out there?" He dragged a hand through his hair, "Which one of you kriffing idiots locked me just to be a hero?" He laughed then, feeling very silly for yelling at himself, "Yeah, feel great for kidnapping a Jedi. Feel like a grand hero."

A sigh escaped his throat as he leaned his head against the cold wall and waited.

Tag: anyone
  16. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6

From the left came some tapping in return. Lorna was not sure it was the same code, and without her HUD to sort through several morse systems, she could just hope it was the same she knew.

After missing the first part, she made the latter out to mean 'Who's there.' So it came probably from one of the other cells. At least she was not alone. An inch over the wall, he knuckles suddenly stopped. What could he answer? If she got out - like this - would the name Fett mean anything. I cannot tell him lies on a whim, she decided. But I cannot tell the whole truth either. Not yet.

"A prisoner", she tapped against the wall.

Suddenly strange sounds came out of the air system. It might have been somebody talking, but the noise was twisted and distorted by it's way though the ventilation shafts. Listening to the wall with one ear, she put her mouth against the grid. "Hello?"

Tag: Kev, all

OOC:
    The 'poem' so far

His mood sunk below zero
    Strangely the thought did not scare him
    Not being able to use the Force even more so
    I cannot tell him lies on a whim
  17. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Kev's lips moved as he deciphered the anwering tap. A pri... so... ner. He wasn't surprised. He wouldn't expect a jailor or whatever the person(s) viewed themselves as... zoo goers perhaps? He shuddered at the thought. Then he heard a man's voice, but couldn't quite make out the words... and a woman calling "hello". He tilted his head as he peered up at the air vent. There weren't any women among the group of strangers who wandered on the space station... so, is this place new? More test victims? Or is Boba a feminine name? He thought as he pictured the armored man(?) he had accompanied before winding up in this cell. Standing up, he approached the vent.

"Hello," he called into it, "this is Kev! Who else is here?" He wasn't sure why, but the thought that the others... even the person from the "empire"... were here comforted him. At least he was not alone and did not have to play hero.

OOC: Poem
    His mood sunk below zero
    At least he was not alone and did not have to play hero
  18. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5

Kyp got up from his sitting position and more or less crawled towards a small air vent on his hands and knees. He was certain he'd just heard a female voice. Or maybe your mind is playing tricks on you...
    Because he couldn't remember a woman being amongst the strangers on the station.
    "Who's there?" he called but instead of the woman answering -- if indeed it was a woman -- he heard a small voice, as if coming from far away, "Hello. This is Kev! Who else is here?"

"You're the scientist, right?" Kyp called, leaning forward to peer through the air vent, remembering the young man to be the one who seemed to be more than just a little afraid. "Is there someone with you? Do you know where we are?"

Tag: All

His mood sunk below zero
    Or maybe your mind is playing tricks on you

19. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Kev heard a voice that seemed further away than the first one. "Yes, I'm the scientist, and I'm alone. It looks like a prison here. Who are you?" In spite of the concern, hope sprang forth.

Tag: Kyp, Lorna, anyone

His mood sunk below zero
    In spite of the concern, hope sprang forth
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    OOC: Darth IRL is a pain in bottom. :(

IC:
    D'Shan came too with a thumping headache. His brain pounded and his vision swam. He was also somewhat cold. Gathering Force energy he managed to clear his, but his still felt tired. Mashing his palms into his eyes he looked down and noticed why he was cold. He was sitting on a hard bench in just a pair of boxershorts. He was slightly disturbed by this, seeing as he didn't remember putting any on when he last got dressed. He shrugged and looked at his surroundings.

He was obviously in a prison cell somewhere. The architecture and design of the cell suggested he was still on the space station. He stumbled to his feet and searched the whole cell several times for a way to get out. When he came up with nothing, he punched a wall. There had to be a way, there had to be.

TAG: ALL

OOC: Poem so far:

His mood sunk below zero
    In spite of the concern, hope sprang forth,
    There had to be a way, there had to be.
  21. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Attention: God-Mode Post!

Loran followed the talk on the vents' system, not sure whether to chime in. She felt exposed, and that was not due the lack of clothing.

It seemed one of the Jedi was talking to Kev, suddenly somebody punched against the other wall of her cell. Quickly she rapped back a short message. 'Am okay, any way out?'

Then she went back to the vent. It was of no use, even if she got out, her cover would be blown for good.

"Is there any -" She stopped in midsentence, as the cell shook again. It wan not as bad as the last time, and just when she braced for another upheaval, the dim lights went out. At the same moment, the door hissed open.

For a moment, Lorna didn't move. Then she carefully inched towards the door and looked out. There was nothing but darkness on the other side either, and rustling noises that might have been the occupants of the other cells. Wishing she had a weapon, Lorna proceeded into the corridor.

Tag: All

New conditions: Doors are open, all power is down. Meaning ALL power.

New Task: Get the life support back on (and the lights maybe?) before you all suffocated, or froze or such. Going to the Command Centre sounds like a good idea. Otherwise you have free hand, just make it credible.

Current challenge: Posts have to be a drabble. That is counting the words of the IC post, without tag, or anything OOC.
  22. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Kev felt the cell shudder, but since it wasn?t quite as bad as before, he didn?t fall. Then the lights went out. He looked back towards the doorframe, and the eerie glow was gone. Swallowing, he walked in the dark towards the exit, only to bumped into the wall.

?Ouch,? he muttered as he rubbed his nose. He ran his hand along the wall until he felt the exit. He strained to see in the dark. ?Hello? Mr. Fett, Mr. Durron? um? others? Are you there? We should find a way up to the control center.? Nervously, he swallowed hard.

OOC: There, exactly 100 words. :D

Tag: Anyone
  23. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Good to see that the concept of 'drabble' is better known than that of iambic pentameters.:p

"Hello? Mr. Fett, Mr. Durron? um? others? Are you there? We should find a way up to the control center.? That was Kev, Lorna decided, feeling her way towards the voice.

"I'm here," she replied. "Maybe we could get some light first?" The idea to grope around on a pitch-black strange space station did not appeal to her the least. "A proper detention should have an emergency generator somewhere."

She looked around though there was nothing to see. "Can Jedi see in the dark?" She wondered. "That would be really convenient for once." But there was no sound of them.

Tag: Kev, all

24. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    IC:
    Failing to find a way out, D'Shan hit the door repeatedly, suddenly falling through as it opened unexpectedly. He stumbled out into the pitch black corridor.

He swore, loudly.

He closed his eyes and focused. He could sense only the corridor, not the cells. He could 'see' two people standing there. He recognised the anxious aura of one but not the other.

Keeping his eyes closed, he walked towards them. He heard what was said and replied, "not quite see in the dark, but close enough."

D'Shan caught up with them. "It'd be nice to know who I'm talking to."

TAG: Kev, Lorna, all

OOC: that was harder than I expected. :oops:
  25. Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Kev thought he recognized the voice of the Jedi who liked to punch walls. ?I?m Kev?? he turned his head to where he heard the female breathe. He didn?t want to assume he was right about her identity. Her speech patterns confirmed his suspicions that she was ?Mr.? Fett. There must be a reason she wore that armor. She may not wish to reveal she?s not a he. ?You,? he directed towards the Jedi, ?are Knight D?shan?? Kev allowed the other to introduce herself as she saw fit, blushing as he thought she may be similarly undressed as he was.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.