main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~ Final Fanfiction ~ Urgent Message: All Players Respond!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Klaus, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    This has proved to be wrong. The Main Game can be found here.

Important Announcement

Well, here we go.
    Due to a huge misunderstanding on my side, the main-gaime will not be able to stay here. Yes, it was meant like that form the beginning, I just didn't get it. So here's the news: We're moving into RPF ( the Role Playing Forum) on Friday.

Everything will stay the same, just the place is another.
    I think the information center will stay here, but I am making no promises no more.[face_worried]

Once we moved, the main game will start.

Pms of outrage and annoyance go to MsLanna

[b]Who can I play as?[/b]

Whoever you want! Canon cast, OCs, you can even try to grab somebody else's OC for this, just make sure to have that approved first. [face_wink] If the age is far enough apart, there can even be the same character twice (Like Obi-Wan PT and Obi-Wan OT). The only condition is that is must be a Star Wars character.

[hl=black] [color=red] [b] Rules [/b] [/color][/hl]

[b]1. As goes with all Role-playing, god-modding is NOT allowed.

2. If you leave the game, you may not return in character.

3. No inexplicable powers.

4. Posts must not be longer than 1000 words.

5. No pimping of stories in the game.[/b]

[hl=black] [color=red] [b] A few things about Roleplaying [/b] [/color][/hl]

[b][u]OOC [/u][/b]

OOC stands for "out of character". If you have a question about the game or something else, ask it OOC. If you want to comment about something out of character put OOC before it. . OOC IS NEVER IMPLIED.

[b][u]IC [/u][/b]

IC stands for "in character". IC consists of all your character's actions, thoughts, and dialogue. THE IC IS IMPLIED. It does not need to be posted before everything. Remember, "in character" means just that- in character. Act your character but with a bit of yourself thrown in the mix as well (since that's inevitable).

For the beginning of the game, please use IC followed by "as [your character]" so people can memorize who is who without having to refer back to the player list. It is your option to put your character name in your signature or use an icon of him/her/it.

Also, in IC, remember to refer to other players with their character names. In OOC, just use their screen names.

Remember, when posting IC, your character may or may not know about recent developments, etc. These are the things that are revealed through RPing, even though players, OOC, know much more than their characters.

[b][u]TAG [/u][/b]

When RPing you will usually be interacting with other players. The players you know your character is interacting with you should put a TAG followed by [other player's/players' name(s)], especially when there's a lot of activity in the game thread. This TAG goes at the end of your post.

[u][b]God-modding[/b][/u]

Also known as god-moding. That menas you take control of somebody else's character and ham himdo things, or imply that he did. You can do such [b]ONLY [/b] if you got the other player's consent first. For example, a character can be dragged along, if a player has no time to post.
    PMing with other players to improve the game is explicitly allowed.

[hl=black][color=red][b]The plan:[/b][/color][/hl]

Sign-ups start now. If you are interested in joining, put your name into the list, the name of the character you play and ONE link. It may lead to [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page]the Wook[/link], or a story about the charac-ter.

The sign-ups will run about two weeks. Then the pre-game will start. There will be a seperate thread for the pre-game.
    Pre-game? Yes.
    Considering who might meet whom in this unpredictable mix, it might be a good idea to get some of the ensuing problems solved before the game starts.

2. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    Please welcome Klaus, the FF-RPG sock.=D=
    He is currently under the control of MsLanna and moosemousse.

List of players so far:

3. 1. MsLanna playing as: Lorna Kees (a picture of her)

4. 2. moosmousse playing as: Keyan D'Shan (a picture of him)

5. 3. Ceillean playing as: Kyp Durron

6. 4. thesporkbewithyou playing as: Thir Isson

7. 5. silverfighter playing as Cleaya Montu

8. 6. SilSolo playing as: Allana, end of LOTF

9. 7. Alexis_Wingstar playing as:Whimpering Locker Scientist

10. 8. zonzo playing as: Admiral Lance Kraiden
  12. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    Short summaries of the events will be here, so if you get lost, you can see what happend. Volunteers are always welcome. If you want to summarise a section of the game, just pm me. :)

13. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    Challenges, challenge winners and prizes will be listed here.[face_money_eyes]

14. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    This post is generally on hold because the unforseen always happens and needs some space.[face_hypnotized]

15. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    You may post now and that's a fact.
    Ask away, I'm sure we missed some things. And to get started, the first two players:

16. 1. MsLanna playing as: Lorna Kees

17. 2. moosmousse playing as: nn yet
  19. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Three questions for now:

1. When in the GFFA timeline is this RPG going to take place?

2. How active are the players expected to be? Or to put it bluntly, what's the minimum posts per week per person?

3. Should I be worried about the typos in the opening post? :p

- lazy

20. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    IC: Klaus

1. No specific time. It will be set in a remote place that the characters hope to leave to get home again. Maybe we will set a time later on a whim.[face_mischief]

2. I hope it will not be moving too fast, so players from all timezones can play together. Challenges will therefore not be limited in time either, but with other means. Personally, I'd like something around a post every one or two days. Per person. But then, I do have loads of time.

3. Be afraid. Be very afraid![face_skull]
    You can also spell them out to me and I'll change them next time I'm in the sock.[face_batting]

TAG: All

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    When you say, "If you leave the roleplay, you cannot return with your character", do you mean a person cannot go on vacation? o_O

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    IC Kluas:

Nope. If you go on holiday you can stay in. But if you say 'I want to leave' then you can join in again.

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Erm, no.
    I am sure for that event dragging the character along will do.:)
    Of course, you'd have to tell the sock and the player you ant to take care of your character for that time.[face_batting]

What I mean is if you want to leave the game. You can, just tell the Sock you don't want to play anymore, and we will think up an convenient way to write the character out. (Probably killing him in a game-furthering way.)
    If that happened, you cannot enter the game with said character again.
    If there is interest in entering the game late, that can be discussed and the player in question can be written in. Just to keep things flexible.
    I'm not about to write people in an out on a regular base, though.[face_not_talking] That is for exceptional use only.

24. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm interested in joining but I've never played an RPG before. [face_worried]
    I'll give it a try nontheless. I just don't know which character I'd prefer to play yet. [face_thinking]

EDIT:

25. 1. MsLanna playing as: Lorna Kees

26. 2. moosmousse playing as: nn yet

27. 3. Ceillean playing as: Kyp Durron

29. LarsKronus

LarsKronus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Ok, by the link, you mean there must be a place where you put the history of your character, or what?

30. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Brilliant idea you guys! And hey, who knows? Maybe this will spark enough interest that people from here will actually go over to RPG.

Before I actually sign up though, is it okay if I don't have any sort of link for the character I have in mind? I haven't actually posted anything for him yet.

31. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005

No worries Ceillean, this is for fun only. No bans, no deaths no friendly fire. I hope.:p

The link should go to the place where you can get the most information about the character. If the character is canon, wookieepedia might be st. If he's an AU version of canon, a link to the story might be better. there's also this OC databse somewhere off the wook I head off. If you have your characters listed there, the link could lead to their article.

Since some of us will want to play with OCs, I thought it a good idea to allow links to go to their stories. If you have pages with the data of your characters on a personal homepage for example, linking there would be allowed, too.

If you have no link, that's okay, thespork, but it would be nicer if the character was already existing some more places than your head. That way, the other players can know who your character is.

32. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I went ahead and edited my last post. I've decided on playing Kyp. :D That'll be really fun. :p

33. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    It's just spork, by the way. :D

Okay, thanks. I'm just going to sign up now, and then maybe work on that fanon wookiee page for him.

34. 1. MsLanna playing as: Lorna Kees

35. 2. moosmousse playing as: nn yet

36. 3. Ceillean playing as: Kyp Durron

37. 4. thesporkbewithyou playing as: Thir Isson
  39. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    What are the challenges? Do you have to take part in the challenges in the roleplay, or can you just roleplay and not do the challenges?

I'm interested in using an OC, but not sure yet which one... It'd help knowing exactly when the rp will take place... before or after the saga, or which timeframe within the saga.

40. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005

Challenges will be things you have to achieve to get on with the game. They will be writing challenges, emaning you have to write your way out of a situation. For Example, if you get nstranded in a strange place, you might get the challenge to find shelter or food. You'd go about the task and I turst you enough to assume nobody will just stumble over a heap of sandwiches that fell from the sky. ;)

41. LarsKronus

Jun 11, 2008
    Would it be ok if we pmed you a description of our characters?

42. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Erm, to do what with, Lars?:confused:
    the problem I see is that the other players have no way to find out anything about your character, even if they want to. Can't you put it into the net somewhere so you can link to it? A personal homepage or such?

43. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
  44. 1. MsLanna playing as: Lorna Kees

45. 2. moosmousse playing as: nn yet

46. 3. Ceillean playing as: Kyp Durron

47. 4. thesporkbewithyou playing as: Thir Isson

48. 5. silverfighter playing as Cleaya Montu

49. Depending when this all starts, I might be busy (I have two WIPs I'm trying to keep up with and another story that needs to be finished asap. 8-} [face_tired] ), but I know I'll forget to sign up later and miss out but yeah, this looks like fun. :)

50. LarsKronus

Jun 11, 2008
    Don't really have any of that...I suppose the best I could do is just write a story about my character, the description along with it, post it and give you that link...

51. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Lars: that works.

52. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Alright friends...

I've been green-lit by your Mods to help lead this idea to the promised land of launch!

Any questions, tasks, or ideas you would like to answer, do, or consider, let me know!

My resources are at your disposal!

-I_H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.