main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~ Final Fanfiction ~ Urgent Message: All Players Respond!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Klaus, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Awesomeness! Can't wait for it to start.

On a different note, I'm working on a vignette in which Thir appears. Not as the main character, but he has good page time.

2. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    Eeep!
    Roleplayers are stealing our jobs! :p

Come on people it will be fun. Promise.:D

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'd still like to know when this is taking place. It plays a big part in my character's personality and background.

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    There will be no 'fixed' time.
    In a way, the characters just get plucked from the normal timeline at a moment you chose and get put in a time/place where it does not matter anymore.
    So their histories will be complete right up to the moment they 'disappear' into the game.

in the game time will pass, but it will stand in no connection to the normal timeline.

Is that any help?

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I'll grab end-of-LOTF Allana if that's allowed

6. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Sure is.:D
    You want her linked to a specific story or just to the wook?

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'll use "The Whimpering Locker" scientist, though it will be a few months or so after he gets rescued from said locker. :D

8. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    Both new players have been added to the list. Links go to the wook as yet. If you want that changed, post the link here or pm this sock.:)

9. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    moosemousse now has a character, complete with a picture!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Just a quick notice about sign ups, at the end of next week we'll begin with some intro RPGing to get everyone used to it if they've never done it before. We'll be looking to get the main RPG started after two weeks of intro-RPGing. Sign-ups will continue until the main RPG begins, so don't worry if you haven't signed up yet, there's still three weeks to go!

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
  11. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Awesome, can't wait for the roleplay to actually start!

I just realized this. Is it okay if my link is to the OC survey? It's going to take me a while before I actually finish any fic that Thir would be in.

12. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes and no. If you link to the post itself so that's easy to find no matter how many posts per page people have the boards set to then yes. If you just link to the page then no as people use different settings and one page on 25 posts per page will be something different on 50 posts per page.

Does that make sense?

Alternatively, you could copy it into your profile and link to that.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Who's excited about this starting?

I know I am. [face_dancing]

14. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    How could I have missed the reply?

I think I'm just gonna wind up pasting it into my profile, thanks.

15. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Only two more days until it starts![face_dancing]
    I'll have to change the title, don't I?:oops:

Oooh, can't wait, poor Lorna doesn't know what I got her into.[face_mischief]

16. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    I linked you to the second story, Alexis. Hope that is okay. I thought it might be interesting to see him out of the locker...

17. Klaus

Klaus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2008
    No pictures, no pic -

Well, of course we want pictures! Deciding that they are pretty and it is nice to see who you are interacting with, you may now submit a link to a picture of your character if you have one. The link will be put into the list after the character's name.[face_batting]

The Pre-Game has started!
    Plunge yourself into the joys of doom-erm, role-playing.
    Remember: play in the game-thread, talk and ask question here.[face_batting]

18. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    A few questions, if you don't mind:

1. Why is the Pre-Game thread in Resource and not in SWRPF?

2. What's the rule on editing posts?

3. How should a character hold an extended conversation with another character?

4. If the TAG is for people who are interacting with your character, wouldn't it make more sense to put it at the beginning of the post?

- lazy

19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I don't mind.
    I just fling off the handle, and wait with answering until I calmed down.:p

1) Because that's how it was agreed upon. [face_batting] It's supposed to be an RPG for fanficcers, and those are here. I had it mod approved, if that's waht you want to know.

2) Editing is okay, as long as you don't change bits that are important later on. You can dabble with grammar and spelling as long as you need (like me, forever..), or, if you posted at the time as sopmebody else, you can also go back to align what is happening in the posts.

3) You are allowed to pm the others. Propose a talk, get the draft approved and then go ahead. You are just not supposed to make other players say stuff they don't approve off.
    Also, short posts becasue of conversation are fine. 1000 words is an upper limit.;)

4) Ask somebody who knows about RPGing? [face_blush] I can say, that's how it's done. You can also put the names of people you interact with in bold so they're easier to see. Also, if you put the TAG at the beginning, it is easier to mix up with the IC character.

Hope that was making enough sense.[face_batting]

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Having the tags at the end is from the Sleepy games. I don't know who started doing it like that or why, but it works.

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    putting "TAG" at the beginning wouldn't make sense. You're character does something, then hands off the baton so to speak to another character(s}, hence, "TAG" your turn.

22. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
  23. Viola_Telcontar

Viola_Telcontar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    I'm actually too much of a Lost fan not to be intrigued by the "group of random people strands on supposedly deserted is...space station" setting, but I have two problems.
    The first: I've never played RPGs, in fact, I've only read through one 3 weeks ago, which was my first exposure to this stuff;
    The second (and somewhat more pressing): I'm suffering from a rather peculiar form of writer's block. I haven't been able to finish a single fanfic in the past 18(!) months, and I'm scared that I won't fare any better with an RPG...

Decisions, decisions!

How much longer before I have to decide if I join in? I think I need to sleep over it for at least one more night.

Why, oh why, am I always such a late-comer? *sighs*

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    If it helps, you can think of the RPG as a round robin where you control only your own character.

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I hadn't thought of it like that, but that's very good. Something else that you should bear in mind is that RPGs don't require a lot of writing. If you read the game thread you'll see that most of the posts are fairly short. Another thing to remember is that even if you have your character reacting to what's going on and not adding anything new someone else can play off that reaction to add something new. The biggest reason for doing a warm-up week is so that those who want to join in but have never RPGed before can get some experience, ask questions, and learn how to do it well enough to take part in the main event.

You have until Friday the 11th to sign up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.