main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles not turn-based. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by arabiansanchez, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    I am not a huge fan of the FF series though I have warmed to FFIX. Anyway, concerning the GC title. From the tiny bit of footage here , it looks like, though unclear, the combat system may be more Zelda-esque and not turnbased. What I'm wondering is Would FANS of the series be put off by this? I, personally, would find such a change quite appealing though the likes of an ATB guage and Summons should remain in the game.

title changed by request

2. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    I think it looks interesting, from what little tidbits I've seen. There's really not much to judge.

But, to save you from the customary Rabid_Balding_Ewok rehtoric that Final Fantasy sucks, I'll tell you that there's already a thread on this HERE

3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm likein' this game...

I'd like to see some old school 'tree of mana' RPG's surfacing again.

Especially in the new 3D format.

4. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    "I, personally, would find such a change quite appealing though the likes of an ATB guage and Summons should remain in the game."

"Kingdom Hearts" (another Square game in the veign of FF) basically has a free-roaming battle system of sorts, but summons (and I believe) ATB are still intact. So it's definitely a possibility

5. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Zelda's gameplay to me sucks. I understand why they have to change for FFXI, and FFCC isn't a true sequel so I expect many changes and attempts at innovation.

6. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    "But, to save you from the customary Rabid_Balding_Ewok rehtoric that Final Fantasy sucks, I'll tell you that there's already a thread on this HERE "

Though it is clear that RBE (like me not so long ago) hates the FF series with a passion I think even he can see that the previous thread concentrates on the game as a whole whilst I wish for this one to concentrate on the apparent change in direction.

7. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    Well, if the battles are any indication, it is a change from the rest of the series. But I don't know it will indicate any change in the chronological series or not (though FF will be under new direction beginning with FFXII)

8. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    Yay!, my most sucessful thread ever! :D
    I know, I'm pathetic. :(

9. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    It's not quantity, but quality. Remember that well ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.