main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Final Fantasy Saga (FF7 Rebirth Spoilers TAGGED)

Discussion in 'Community' started by jedi_john_33, Mar 8, 2005.

1. pgoodyea

pgoodyea Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2004
    I actually just purchased and beat FFVII in anticipation of all the future off-shoots. I didn't want to miss out on the story to some of these games and of course the movie Advent Children. I think the game starring Vincent could be really cool if done right. It probably won't be released until next year around this time, due to the bar being raised by God of War and DMC3.

Crisis Core may be the only real reason to purchase a PSP, since most of the other games are all crappy console remakes. I am so sick of reading about THUG and Need for Speed Underground.

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    You can Zanmato the Dark Aeons. It's also cheaper to do than in the NA version.

3. Sithlord-Boo

Sithlord-Boo Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2003
    NA Version? Did i miss something? Is something available in one version of FFX than in another?
    Plese help me out on this one

4. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    The North American version had parts cut from it (ie The Dark Aeons). The European version had them and then there was an International version released. Another money making scheme by Square.

5. NinjaFox

NinjaFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Any cut that makes X shorter is good in my book.

6. majin_yami

Feb 14, 2004
    Yay. Another like minded person.

7. theresnothinglft

theresnothinglft Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    Im love the playstation final fantasys, but haven't had the chance to play the prior ones. Between at least the playstation ones there are huge similarities:

1) The bestiary: Between all of the playstation final fantasys, or at least 8 through X2, the bestiary has been relatively unchanged except for a few stray monsters. Creatures that I know were in them all:

Ochu
    Chimera
    Behemoth
    Ultima Weapon (ff9 excepted, he goes by the name of Osma)
    Bombs (all PSX ff series)
    I think the gremel was kept from ff8 to ffx
    Flans (since IX)

2) THe summons: there are at least 5 guys that are constant through more than 2 games.
    Bahamut
    Leviathan (only made it to 9)
    Shiva
    Ifrit
    Odin (he changed slightly between the games, but its still him. I beleive that that wierd sword summon in FFx is him since he has Zantetsuken).

Less than 2 games:
    Raumh (7 and 9)

3)The spells: Since ff8, the spells have been of the form <basename> for level1, <basename>ra for level2, and <basename>aga for level3 for all elemental spells and cure. Some other spells that have been there the whole time:

Demi
    Bio
    Ultima (you don't get to use this in ffix)
    water
    Esuna
    Haste
    Mini
    Holy

4) Minor character names: It seems that they ran out of minor characters names when they made ffx. You find all your favorites from Cloud's resistance group in FFVII on the blitzball teams in FFX. Biggs, Wedge are the noticeable ones.

5)Leading female character always knows curative magic. (ff8 exception)

6)Main characters ultimate weapon is always a sword with a blue blade.

7)Lead female character starts with (and uses) a staff/wand (ff8 excepted)

8) There is always one pointless minigame.

Well, thats it for similarities. Heres the fun stuff to do:
    FFVII
    Go to the Gold Saucer with enough money to get a gold ticket and just have a blast. Play the battle arena most.
    Go to your home town in the abandoned mansion where you first meet Sepiroth and play the piano.
    FFVIII:
    Take advantage of the junction system after the first hour. LEarn siren's make cure ability and create curaga from tents. Then have a character with at least 4000 hp for the rest of the game. It gets so easy from here its not even funny.
    Take a car out for a spin and run out of gas...
    FFIX: This list is endless, simply because it has so much to do.
    -Get a chocobo and do the treaure hunting. This is a fuh way to kill a couple hours, and is necessary to get your ultima weapon.
    -Play the card game knowing how it works: Card reads as follows: ABXC where A = physical attack, B = magic attack, X = defense type, and C = defense. Values go A to 0 with A highest and defense (X) is either P, M, or x for best.
    -Hack the game in an emulator, try to give yourself enough MP to do a summon on the first disc. Its fun!
    -Do the above and give everyone their ultima weapon. INfact make 99 of each weapon so you can throw them later...
    FFX: THe sphere grid is easy to take advantage of, just level up enough with the same set of characters and once you get their ultimate weapons, they do 100K damage every hit. Useful for fighting the monster collector's bosses.
    Collect monsters: Pokemon! Try to catch em all! YOu get powerful guys to beat up when you do.

FFX-2: Beat the guardian before vegnagun when you input the wrong sequence. Get rikku's ultimate sphere, and level everyone up to at least 70 around here, then go for it. Just keep your head about it and you take this guy out. USe shell to reduce damage from Damoclese Photon and that beam he has and use rikku's arms to cure. Use normal or ultimate attack for attacking. If you succeed, then vengagun will be a total pushover compared to you!

Tats It for what ive played

8. pgoodyea

pgoodyea Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2004
    One thing that annoys me about the FF games is the advice that people give to help beat certain aspects of the game (I am also guilty of doing this). For example, I obtained walkthrough/FAQ from the internet and looked up advice for how to beat a certain boss. The walkthrough stated that the boss was easy. Great. How do I beat it? Simple. All I need to do is get everyone's ultimate weapon, a certain type of armor, and a particular summon. Sounds easy enough right? Wrong! First, I need to spend multiple hours leveling up so I am strong enough to perform the side quests of obtaining the weapons and armor. Once I am at a high enough level, then I need to perform the actual quests, which probably inlcude some type of mini-game that will take a lot of luck, patience, and time (lots of time). Ok, 20 hrs later I have the ultimate weapons and the ley pieces of armor/skills. Now I need to go find the summons I need. Some more leveling up is needed and some hard boss fights. 10 hours later, I have my summon. Why was I doing all of this again? Oh yeah, to beat some stupid story boss. Point being, the walkthrough said the fight would be easy. I guess it was after I spent 30 hours training for it and gathering the items/weapons/summons I needed. Does anyone have a problem with this?

Ultimately, I guess it works, b/c I cannot get enough of FF games and the payoff for your work is usually rewarding. I had spent 40 hrs or so messing around in FFX after I got the airship. Subsequently, the rest of the game (the main story) was a breeze and took about an hour. I just wish that the walkthroughs didn't fool you into thinking that some fights are a simple matter.

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Go to your home town in the abandoned mansion where you first meet Sepiroth and play the piano.

That's actually required to get Tifa's final limit, IIRC.

10. NinjaFox

Feb 14, 2005

That's actually required to get Tifa's final limit, IIRC.

-Playing the battle areana game in Gold Saucer is how you get Clouds. I think he was just trying to give some tips for FF newbs.

11. majin_yami

Feb 14, 2004
    Not every final weapon for all the main male character is blue. In FF9 it was green (sorry to be nitpicky).

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    majin_yami posted on 3/24/05 1:12am
    The North American version had parts cut from it (ie The Dark Aeons). The European version had them and then there was an International version released. Another money making scheme by Square.
    [hr][/blockquote]

The North American version was what the Japanese originally got-- NO CUTS. The European version (as usual) had stuff added because they waited the longest. After that, the Japanese got an "International" version with both the Japanese and the English dubbing, plus the few added things on the European version and the new epilogue. The "International" version was never released in North America.

13. majin_yami

Feb 14, 2004
    Hmm. They must've imported it then. Ah well. It was still rubbish.

14. NinjaFox

Feb 14, 2005
    When is XII due out?

15. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    early next year i believe.

My FF Campaign Update:

I beat 1 and 2 with FF Origins. 2 was evil. I dont have US 3, so i had to skip it.

FFIV, im still trying to beat the end, and i was getting aggravated, so i stopped, but i am at the boss, just need to beat it.

Then, my FF anthology is totally ****** up...so, i cant play 5 and 6 till i replace it.

So, I moved onto 7 and just about to get to the Circus place...forget what it's called

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    jedi_john_33 posted on 4/8/05 8:26pm
    I dont have US 3, so i had to skip it.[hr][/blockquote]

There is no U.S. FFIII-- it's the only one of the main series that hasn't been release in the States. What was called "FFIII" on the SNES was actually FFVI.

17. Darth_Surgent

Darth_Surgent Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2004
    The real FF3 is being re-made for the Nintendo DS. :D

18. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    now if only I had a DS...

19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Darth_Surgent posted on 4/9/05 12:57am
    The real FF3 is being re-made for the Nintendo DS. [face_grin]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Dammit, I don't wanna hafta get a DS. [face_cry]

20. Dark_Xan

Dark_Xan Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    FFVII was the only good FF, in my opininon. The rest sucked, and finally, KOTOR beat them on RPG for the year. In your face, FF fans, lol.

21. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    My order.

1. FF7. - The characters, story and mini games were so much fun, who needs good graphics when you got a game as a good as this. Cloud was the coolest main character ever.

2. FF10. - I loved the characters, the story and blitzball. Tidus is a great main character, he's just a teen, and despite what some may think, I really like his voice.

3. FF10-2. - Good fun. I really enjoyed it.

4. FF8. - This was a good game, the story was lacking though, it wasn't funny, I like a little comedy in my FF games and this was too serious. Squall was a good main character, though there were occasions where he really resembled a girl.

5. FF9. - It had a round of good characters, I just hated Zidane, I don't like main characters to be all cocky and full of themselves. Cloud and Squall were cold, which was cool. Tidus was a normal teen, which was good. Zidane was a full of himself idiot.

22. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    mmkay, here's the low down

I'm at the final dude in FF7, and i get him down 60.000+ and he overtakes my strategy :(

I have no Ribbons (dont know why...) and lack Big Guard, which I havent had a problem with anyways up until now.

I'd level up, but my experience with last bosses is, the higher level you are, the higher level they are, so it wouldn't be worth the time.

I can get through Jenova and Sephrioth A-E just fine, it's like a cake walk. But, after two super novas, it's difficult.

I have 3 Megalixers, many turbo ethers, and im using barret, cid, and cloud.

23. Jango-Fett10

Jango-Fett10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    I personally, Am not a big fan of Final Fantasy. No offense to the fans of it though. I like other types of games.

24. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    there is a thread on the YJCC

25. cal_silverstar

cal_silverstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    jedi_john_33

Dunno if you got the tips for this yet and I haven't played FF7 in ages, but I have this tip for you:

It sounds like you're fighting Safer Sephiroth (his 2nd form). I beat him with my team that consisted of Cloud, Red XIII, and Tifa. Cloud is for the heavy physical attacks. Since Aeris' death, I designated Red XIII as my primary spell-caster and loaded him with Materia. Tifa handles a mix of both physical and magic, and her final limit break does great damage. I make sure the party is sped up with Haste, and make sure to keep up the Cure 3 spells. I've found that defense is what beats FF bosses. If you have Knights of the Round summon, use that as well.

All my characters are 99th level, so Sephiroth is equally powerful. I've managed to survive 3 Supernova attacks from him. Hope this helps, if you haven't beaten it already.

I've never been able to defeat Emerald and Ruby Weapon, though. :(