main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Final Fantasy Saga (FF7 Rebirth Spoilers TAGGED)

Discussion in 'Community' started by jedi_john_33, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I was wondering about that too but then I realized that the demo is pretty short. It's basically 1 level that may take you an hour to do. If you explore everything. There are a couple of side quests you can do but those aren't really anything to speak of.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    An hour? You'll have to move real fast to do it all in an hour!

Most of the time I don't expect to be able to save in a demo because it's a demo nut because this one said save data needed, well you can see why I was baffled.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't suppose anyone knows when FF Type-0 will be out? As far as I know they haven't announced a release date for outside of Japan yet, and the PS Vita is out in two weeks! I'm hoping it won't be a PS Vita title, but then there'll be plenty of annoyed people if it's not. Best I can hope for is that they'll release it for both, or something. It doesn't really matter, I guess, I just want the game, gosh darn it!

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Anyone else get FF XIII 2? I got it release date and so far its been fun. Very pretty graphics. The only complaint 5 hrs in is the camera is kinda glitchy when you try get the prememptive strike on monsters and it can get fairly annoying.

5. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Man, the camera in 13 was one of the most obnoxious things about that game. 13-2 doesn't look to be much better in that regard.

I haven't really played much of it yet (SW:TOR is currently consuming my gaming life) but I did start listening to the soundtrack from the collector's edition. Seriously, just $20 more for a four disc soundtrack is probably one of the best deals out there.

Anyway, the instrumental tracks are absolutely fantastic. Chocobo Rodeo is well worth a listen to. Caius's Theme is probably my favorite. It's got a really sweet Latin chorus.

However, there are some mind-numbingly awful J-pop and techno songs in there as well. There's even a terrible, terrible, terrible rap on disc 2. It's called Unseen Intruder. That's the worst offender. The most bizarre one so far is a song where the chick is only singing "La La La" over and over. :confused:

6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah I been getting a kick out of the music so far for some of the boss battles there is Rock music going. lol

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Atleast this game isnt self face punchingly bad as the very start of FF X2 with the whole pop music group theme...

8. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Yeah, that was pretty bad. Also, I was wrong about the most bizarre song. The weirdest one is called Crazy Chocobo. It's a straight-up death metal track about...riding chocobos [face_laugh]

Seriously, how in the world this guy manageed to get that all out without bursting into laughter is beyond me :p

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    The crystarium is a little confusing to this one for me. Im also trying to get a handle on the monster capturing,crystarium,infusing thing. I think the monster capturing has the potential to be pretty damn cool and useful, I just gota spend more time mastering it.

So he rocks out about riding Choco's huh?

10. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
  11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    The ChocoRodeo...LMAO wow just wow.....

12. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I actually liked it, and I generally hate metal of any kind.

I keep trying to play 13-2. I got a good 30 minutes in, which means I saw the intro interactive cutscenes and that's it before I found a group going in SWTOR(so addicting!).

I expect this game probably wont get knocked out in full force until Spring Break rolls around. Gonna take it in small pieces rather than story grinding through it like i did 13-1.

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I think that XIII 2 has one of the best intro scenes of the series tbh. My fav is still FF XII with War and airship battle though. I would love to see that on PS3 graphics.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    How doles the full game relate to the demo? Was the demo more or less fairly representative of it or are there some surprises?

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Well I must say that I certainly have been very impressed so far with XIII 2. I find it extremely fun with the timeline exploration, crystarium, and monster capturing lvling. It is also really cool seeing the cast of XIII mixed in aswell.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Anyone been playing more? Im at like 30+ hrs game play with alot of farming done. Im way past the average lvl for the storypoint Im currently on in the Archlyte Stepp. Ive been really enjoying it personally so it was a great purchase for me.

17. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I actually just beat this last night(Been playing far less TOR since they double-nerfed my class), I had 142 frags at games end, and after a few hours today I'm at maxed Crystarium, with post-game +50% ATB weapons and I have 159 Fragments.

I must say,as much as I despise aHalo 2 ending, It was really really good. Noel's VA on that part did superb IMO.

I'm still not sold on the 2+Monster. I've leveled up several ravagers,sentinals, synergists, medic monsters to max crystariums and infused them with amazing skills and all, essentially becoming unstoppable. But...It just doesn't have that feeling of being important. The leveling and infusion mechanisms are extremely deep, but I personally really feel that a full party a la 13 would have been far superior. I have these monsters, but I don't Care about any of them, and if a better one comes along I'd replace it in a second. Still no game that makes me love leveling monsters like PKMN.

The paradox endings are generally well done, with one in particular I wouldnt mind seeing expanded upon as a side/alternate story line.

A lot of reviews knock this game for having less story. Do Not Believe them. There is just as much, if not more, lore and story shoved into this one than 13. Probably more as it deals with past and future, and you need to read Datalogs much less tog et a good grasp of it. That being said, it all does still make more sense if you read all the background info, but it's no longer Necessary.

Also...Hope is B.A. through and through in this one, hands down my favorite character in 13-2. Though Caius's machinations prove to make him a very well thought out antagonist(Can't really call him a Villain I think...)

Just as food for thought, there's a very cool line in the game that some debate has raged on about on the GameFaqs forums about keeping hope alive. The debate is whether they need to "Keep hope alive." or "Keep Hope alive." ;)

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    [image=http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzkzwxoErT1qb7iddo1_500.jpg]

I will never listen to One-Winged Angel the same again.

19. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003

fixed.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I haven't touched FF-XIII since March 2010 and I had only gotten to chapter 4 before losing interest. I'm thinking of starting over from the beginning. Should I or not waste my time with it?

21. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I'll be honest, it would be a challenge. I actually put the game down too and then picked it up a year and a half later. But I remember being so frustrated with it when I was playing it the first time. Mostly what got on my nerves were the characters. Hope and Vanille are two of the stupidest characters in any FF game. No amount of shoving them down my throat was going to make me like them. The plot was also incomprehensible. I struggled to get as far as I did before putting it down because I didn't exactly have a reason to continue.

That being said, I did eventually go back and play it because I didn't want it to be said that there was some non-MMO Final Fantasy game that I didn't finish. So I guess it was more of a pride thing for me. And honestly, the combat system is lots of fun. If you eventually make it to Pulse then you'll have a crapload of hunting missions to undertake. Some of them are quite challenging. I'm really glad I made it that far. In the end I did absolutely everything I could do on Pulse before making the last push to finish the game.

So all in all, I had fun with the game in the end but it took a while (30+ hours) to get there.

If you don't feel like putting that much time into the game then I would say skip it.

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Hey, just a heads up. FFXIII-2 DLC is on offer this week on the 360! It even includes N7 armour for Serah and Noel. Uh, yeah, seems a little odd to me but also kind of awesome. Might as well check it out to see if there's anything you're missing.

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Was Final Fantasy 3 released on UMD outside of Japan? All I can seem to find is the Japanese version and that's not cheap! I know I can download it but I'd rather have the physical version if at all possible.

Also, has anyone played the PS1 games on a PSP? I'm tempted but not sure about the screen size.

24. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    I think that it wasn't released outside of Japan. From the Nintendo games only I, IV and VI were released outside of Japan. In fact, because II, III and V weren't released, Final Fantasy IV was called Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy VI was called Final Fantasy III on international versions.

Haven't played on PSP myself. VII is brilliant in PC version though.