main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Final Fantasy Saga (FF7 Rebirth Spoilers TAGGED)

Discussion in 'Community' started by jedi_john_33, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm taking the demo isn't exactly Open World-esque like the Type-0 beta ones have been.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's not.

I can see what they were going for at the end, but screwing with my control set-up while throwing in new abilities is only ever going to irritate me greatly.

It does all look incredibly pretty though!

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

At least it wasn't a huge download. Only about 4 gigs.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, the joke doing the rounds is it's quicker to complete than download!

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

LOL! I played it last night. If the gameplay in the demo is what we'd get in the main game, I'm all for it. One thing I'm sure the demo wouldn't do, however, is to convince the naysayers that the new game will be completely non-linear.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, there's a lot to like - that Shining Hammer slayed nightmares easily.

While I think it threw too many things at once at the player on the last bit, that Iron Giant was wonderfully designed and animated.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I think they'd have to work on the defense mechanics though. It was hard blocking the IG's huge sword swipes.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, that's nice to read - thought maybe I was not hitting the buttons right.

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    There are some attacks that can't be blocked. Holding down X will auto-defend against any attack that can be blocked or defended against.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I tried that but it didn't seem to work. And I think on the PS4 it's the square button. The circle button was auto-attack.

11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I think the combat has been improved from the Duscae demo last year, though being solo the whole time is kind of annoying. At least you can't die on that last fight, thankfully, otherwise this would be a lot more frustrating. The warp mechanic is pretty fun, I keep trying to play it like its Kingdom Hearts, but its not quite that either. Noctis is a lot slower than Sora in combat for instance.

The graphics are beautiful at least, and I like the day/night mechanic, its really nice seeing that city at night. That big sort of modern/futuristic city is possibly from some of the earliest trailers, so its nice to see it still in there.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    This is gloriously awesome:

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Wow, FF15 is starting to look like it could be quite something!

Ahsoka's Tano and Tarsier like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not going to be pre-ordering the game; unless they feature some great bonuses that are included. The FF7 remake is what I'm really looking forward to, and supposedly that will be released sometime next year.

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    FFXII HD Remaster is happening.

Finally, my decision to not pay $10 for a used PS2 copy is validated. Also it's the Zodiac Edition so it has content we never got in the US.

Celidore, Jedi Ben and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I have two copies of the game; I first bought the steelbook edition to the game (Gamestop exclusive) when it came out, then when the disk broke a little while later (result of the ridiculous packaging) I bought a used copy of the game to replace it. I'm not sure if I'll be buying the remastered version right away. FFVII Remake and of course FFXV are top on my list coming up.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Ye-es. Excellent news.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Both of my copies of the original game (the steelbook version is on the right).

[​IMG]

Celidore likes this.
  20. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    That's a game I regret not finishing back in the day. Looking forward to the remaster.

21. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015

My favourite Final Fantasy after the VII!

Jedi Ben and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't played enough Final Fantasy to really know whether I like it or not. I have only played or seen VIII, X, and X-2, I have obviously heard of VII by reputation, and I liked what I saw to a certain extent, but turn based combat isn't my cup of tea. I have also played what could arguably be considered a spinoff, Super Mario RPG: Legend of Seven Stars, having reached Nimbus Land, but I can't even remember exactly what I was doing, since I have played that save in a long time.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Super Mario RPG would in no way be considered a "spinoff", or any relation to Final Fantasy. If you don't like the turn-based combat, some of the more recent games, including XIII, feature more Active-Time combat.

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh come on, it was made by Square Soft, the same people who made Final Fantasy and using many of the same mechanics, with a hidden side boss inspired by Final Fantasy, Culex. It wasn't an official spinoff, but somewhat of an unofficial spinoff, which pioneer some mechanics seen in later Final Fantasy games.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    In which case Zeta it was a spin-off of just about any RPG going - the mechanics of the genre are quite well known.

In any case, in FF terms, it may well be 15 is the one for you.