"Final Fantasy Tactics Advance" for the GBA

Discussion in 'Games' started by Drew_Atreides, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ...i do believe that today's the release date for this one..

I think i'm more excited about THIS then i am about any single game coming out in the next couple months on the bigger consoles (well, except for maybe Battlestar Galactica :p)
  2. urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Master

star 4
    Me too. Tactics was one of my favorite games. I'm actually picking it up in just a bit after I get off work!
  3. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ...well, i do hope you were able to pick up your copy..

Seems the shipment to my local computer store was delayed, so i have to wait till tomorrow :(
  4. DarthLuxor Jedi Master

star 4
    I only got to play 2 of my 5 planned hours today. Damn list of things to do.
  5. Fettster Force Ghost

star 3
    Mmm...Tactics Advance...

I'm only an hour into it. It's a little strange; I actually think I'd've preferred something more along the lines of one of the PS2 games--okay, I know I'd've preferred that, but this'll do for a while. :p Probably a very LONG while, unless I get the Cube Zelda sooner than expected. Which I wouldn't complain about.

Of course, maybe it's just that I'm not all that tactically skilled. I think losing two-thirds of my clan to the ice guy was a little excessive. :p
  6. Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer

VIP
    star 3
    i got it yesterday, but had to stop playing and didn't know how to save, so i'm sort of screwed.
  7. urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunately, I didn't get it yesterday. Stupid real life. Hopefully i'll get it tonight.
  8. DarthLuxor Jedi Master

star 4
    i got it yesterday, but had to stop playing and didn't know how to save, so i'm sort of screwed.

To save you have to get where you can move on the world map (took me 33 minutes), and cancel the location menu. Then hit either start or select (can't remember) and go down to System.
  9. Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer

VIP
    star 3
    yeah, i got to that point again (unfortunately i had to leave it sitting on for an hour during a class so i wouldn't have to turn it off) and figured out how to save. good juice.
  10. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
  11. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Winner of world's fastest thread *bump* right here folks.

13. DarthLuxor Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I'm about ready to finish it. I've completed only like 230 of the missions, but I want to be able to give my full attention to X-2 so I'm going to try to finish this weekend.
  14. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Somebody wanna do a plot summary of the game for me ? It'd be great. ;)
  15. The_Last_Gunslinger_ Jedi Knight

star 1
    At the begining we are introduced to a character who just moved to a new school. (The first battle is infact throwing snowballs at people) Anyway, he meets some friends who have a storybook about Final Fantasy and they read the book and all get transported into the world of....da da da da, you guessed it, Final Fantasy.

I bought it the day it came out but after playing it for a few days (probably 7 to 9 hours worth) I just couldn't do it anymore. The FFT for PS1 was just so much better, this one seemed very kiddy compared to it. Just couldn't hack it so I traded it in and got Viewtiful Joe for the Cube, it rocks.
  16. DarthLuxor Jedi Master

star 4
    I finally beat it tonight. One day short of 3 Months, and 86+ Hours of Tactics goodness. I still had 70 missions I could get. Anyway now I can give my full attention to X-2, and Rikku's panty line.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.