main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Final Fantasy Tactics Advance" for the GBA

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Drew_Atreides, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i do believe that today's the release date for this one..

I think i'm more excited about THIS then i am about any single game coming out in the next couple months on the bigger consoles (well, except for maybe Battlestar Galactica :p)

2. urgent_jedi_picnic

urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Me too. Tactics was one of my favorite games. I'm actually picking it up in just a bit after I get off work!

3. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...well, i do hope you were able to pick up your copy..

Seems the shipment to my local computer store was delayed, so i have to wait till tomorrow :(

4. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    I only got to play 2 of my 5 planned hours today. Damn list of things to do.

5. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Mmm...Tactics Advance...

I'm only an hour into it. It's a little strange; I actually think I'd've preferred something more along the lines of one of the PS2 games--okay, I know I'd've preferred that, but this'll do for a while. :p Probably a very LONG while, unless I get the Cube Zelda sooner than expected. Which I wouldn't complain about.

Of course, maybe it's just that I'm not all that tactically skilled. I think losing two-thirds of my clan to the ice guy was a little excessive. :p

6. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    i got it yesterday, but had to stop playing and didn't know how to save, so i'm sort of screwed.

7. urgent_jedi_picnic

urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Unfortunately, I didn't get it yesterday. Stupid real life. Hopefully i'll get it tonight.

8. DarthLuxor

Dec 20, 2000
    i got it yesterday, but had to stop playing and didn't know how to save, so i'm sort of screwed.

To save you have to get where you can move on the world map (took me 33 minutes), and cancel the location menu. Then hit either start or select (can't remember) and go down to System.

9. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    yeah, i got to that point again (unfortunately i had to leave it sitting on for an hour during a class so i wouldn't have to turn it off) and figured out how to save. good juice.

10. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
  11. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
  12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Winner of world's fastest thread *bump* right here folks.

13. DarthLuxor

Dec 20, 2000
    I think I'm about ready to finish it. I've completed only like 230 of the missions, but I want to be able to give my full attention to X-2 so I'm going to try to finish this weekend.

14. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Somebody wanna do a plot summary of the game for me ? It'd be great. ;)

15. The_Last_Gunslinger_

The_Last_Gunslinger_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    At the begining we are introduced to a character who just moved to a new school. (The first battle is infact throwing snowballs at people) Anyway, he meets some friends who have a storybook about Final Fantasy and they read the book and all get transported into the world of....da da da da, you guessed it, Final Fantasy.

I bought it the day it came out but after playing it for a few days (probably 7 to 9 hours worth) I just couldn't do it anymore. The FFT for PS1 was just so much better, this one seemed very kiddy compared to it. Just couldn't hack it so I traded it in and got Viewtiful Joe for the Cube, it rocks.

16. DarthLuxor

Dec 20, 2000
    I finally beat it tonight. One day short of 3 Months, and 86+ Hours of Tactics goodness. I still had 70 missions I could get. Anyway now I can give my full attention to X-2, and Rikku's panty line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.