main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Final Fantasy Tactics

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Philosopher1701, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philosopher1701

Philosopher1701 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Should I play Final Fantasy Tactics?

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Do you like Turn Based Strategy games.
    If so, yes.

3. Philosopher1701

Apr 23, 2005
    I haven't played any games from that genre, but I'm a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series, and not to mention, a huge fan of Square in general.

I've heard the story for FFT is incredible. One of the best FF games out there. So I'm really interested.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    The story for FFT is one of the best for the FF series.

It is brillant actually, very detailed, if you don't pay attention than you will be very lost with it.

Combat takes getting used to but once you do it is addictive as well.

Yes play it.

Own it.

Love it.

kidding

5. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    It's my favorite game of all time. Seriously. It's not the type of game that appeals to everyone, but if you have any interest whatsoever in turn-based strategy game and great stories, then yes, find the game and buy it immediately. :D

6. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Yes, Yes and yes. And in case your not paying attention...... YES!!!! Unless your thinking of playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, which was a joke. Final Fantasy Tactics, yes. Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, No!

Final Fantasy Tactics has the best story, game world, character development, character classes and combat engine of any of the Final Fantasy games. It was one of the best games from the PSX/N64/Saturn era. Out of all the console games I've owned FFT is the one I've beaten the most amount of times. IMO it was the last truly great FF game. Which was followed by crap like FF8, 9, 10.. ect. The story, combat and character classes/development just put all the FF games that followed to shame.

And as a warning avoid FFT Advanced (GBA game) like the plague. Unless your feeling masochistic. In which case do not play unless you have already beaten FFT so as not to sour the original. I can't stress enough, how much FFT advanced pales in comparison. They really dumbed it down for the kiddies.

7. Philosopher1701

Apr 23, 2005
    Don't diss FFIX. It's my favorite FF.

8. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Then you probably wont like FFT, if thats the case.

9. Philosopher1701

Apr 23, 2005
    What the heck? Why not?

I loved the Medieval style of FFIX.
    FFT has a Medieval setting too, so why would I not like it?

Edit: What suggestions do you guys have for me when I start playing FFT?

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    lol

Just enjoy it. You will develope your strategy while playing the game. That is what makes it so fun.

11. NeoEpoch

NeoEpoch Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    lol. I'm sure you can find somewhere in your heart to love both FF9 and FFT at the same time. ;) Sadly, I've only played a little bit of the game, but I enjoyed what I did play. And I love both FF9 and what little of what I played of FFT.

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    One big thing is how you build your characters. What do you like playing better Fighter,Mage(white or black) Ninja,Monk,Chemist,Summoner? Mix and match the classes to your hearts content.

13. Philosopher1701

Apr 23, 2005
    FFT SPOILERS

*Be careful!!!!!!!!!!*

Okay, I think I should let everyone know that, over time, I have accumulated some knowledge of the story of FFT. In doing so, I believe I may have come across some serious spoilers. I will list what I know:

1. Someone named St. Ajora (A Christ figure) established the Church.

2. St. Ajora is actually some demon named Altima.

3. Altima is the leader of the demons (or something like that).

I have to ask....... has the story been ruined for me? Also........ it seems a bit anti-Christian....... [face_thinking]

Does the game come off feeling anti-Christian?

14. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    *More Spoilers than I care to label individually* (including an FE spoiler. How'd that sneak in there?)

To me, it never came off as anti-Christian. As soon as at the end of Chapter II *spoiler* Cardinal Draclav (I sould never figure out if it's a "v" or a "u") murders the guy who brought him the Zodiac Stone, *end Spoiler*, I figured it's not anti-Christian. If it has to be anti-anything, I'd say it's anti-Christendom (which was the system in the middle ages where there was no separation of Church and State and if you were important or rich enough you could use the Church to make yourself more important or rich at the expense of the poor). Despite the secret identity of St. Ajora, we can see from Ovelia's prayer at the beginning that the people of Ivalice aren't all devil-worshippers. There is a benign aspect to the divinity within 'The Church' of FFT. It's a story about people using something commonly associated with good for evil and selfish purposes. Frankly, I could have done without all the "St. Ajora is the Devil, but we accidentally worshipped him as a messiah" buisiness, but then again, it wouldn't be FF if we didn't have to fight a big demon at the end (although, that's what I thought about FE, but Path of Radience proved that every once in a while, the heroes will stop the ancient evil from being resurrected).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.