main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Final Fantasy VII: THE REMAKE

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I'm thinking they'll break it up into three episodes based on the three original disks for the game. We might have an FFVII, FFVII-2, and FFVII-3. Nowadays it's common for SE to break up their Final Fantansy games that way.

2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Worst case scenario- it'll be like FFXIII-2 where the true ending will be DLC. I think it was paid DLC in that case, since FFXIII-2's plot was ridiculous (and mainly about glorifying Lightning as the bestest thing ever, supposedly :rolleyes: , followed up by "totally not FFXIII-3").

Hm, if its like that, there's a better chance they'll have, say, up until the escape from Midgar done by 2017. Considering SE's usual rate of progress (*complaint about KH3 and FFXV*), a remake of about a... quarter of FF7 seems more doable than them actually remaking the whole game within this decade.

Here we are, decades since FF7 launched on PS1, and we might still end up with a "change to disc 2" screen. :p At least for a physical edition. I'll probably still be pre-ordering, but at least it gives more of an idea of what their strategy will be. Though if I remember right, most of the story was on disc 1 and 2, with disc 3 being the ending and plenty of sidequests.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Not sure what you meant by the "true ending" of FFXIII-2 was a DLC. The only DLC available for that game were outfits for the main characters and special boss battles where you could gain the beaten boss as a partner character. There was a way to get the 100% completion ending, but you didn't have to buy any DLC for it.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Still more details dropping from the Famitsu interview, including some interesting revelations:
    So it sounds like the goal is everything from the same game with some tweaks, but bigger and with a new combat engine. If they can actually deliver on that, then I think the episodic model is a bit more palatable for me. If they can't, I may just wait for some bundled version. Guess we'll see how it goes.

TX-20 likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not gonna be able to wait for a bundled version. I'm as psyched about getting this game on Day 1 as I was on getting Battlefront a month ago.

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I want a game.

One, that's it. I don't want to buy a third of a game now then a bit more in three months.

This dlc crap is doing my head in and there is a good chance I'll be sacking this off now.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Boski
    We Could continue the FFVII convo in here. I'm pretty much set that no matter what, the next new game I buy for my Playstation 4 will be a Final Fantasy game, whether it's FFXV or FFVII-Remake. And both games will pre-ordered. As for subsequent "chapters" of FFVII, for that I don't mind waiting. I'm not going to spend $60 for a new game, then another $60 for what essentially was Disk 2 in the original, and yet another $60 for disk 3. The prices for FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns were essentially halved within a year of their release.

8. Boski

Boski Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    Ahsoka's Tano
    Do you think FFVII will fall into that same pattern regarding the price cuts? It seems like everyone is pumped for it and if they are smart they'll try to milk it as much as possible.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That's what I'm expecting. My guess is that they the retailers won't be able to maintain an adequate supply of the first game upon it's release; it'll be that much in demand. But by the time the next edition comes out, more people will sit back rather then jump in right away. There's no word if the characters you have leveled up in the first part will carry over in the next editions. If they do, why not spend that extra time grinding as much as possible?

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So, folks who were saying they liked FFIX better - well, they're still not remaking it, but they are doing a better graphics and speed-up option remaster for PC and mobile: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-ix-coming-to-pc-smartphones-with-bet/1100-6433436/ I'd say it's reminiscent of how the FFVII remaster looks, but they apparently upgraded the textures, so this is another instance of it just being straight up better than the PS1 original.

I'm going to buy the ever-loving **** out of this when it comes stateside.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I liked FFIX; thought it was a more captivating story and better gameplay than VIII. I've only played through it once though, on the PS. A few years ago I bought FFIII for my Smartphone, but the touch-screen controls became so cumbersome that I just stopped playing after awhile. I really don't have the patience for controls like that in most games; even PC related keyboard/mouse controls are annoying to me. I only play simulation games on my PC.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd imagine the PC release will be controller compatible the way the VII release is. Not to mention a PS4 release would be utterly unsurprising.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The top two scenes (IMO) in FF history:

14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ooh, Final Fantasy IX?! Ok, that I will probably buy on day 1, whenever its released in English. Probably on mobile (assuming they don't mess up the port too badly), maybe on Steam or PS4 too.

Hm, IX would be almost the last main-series Final Fantasy to be ported to PC? Well, except for !+II. Though on mobile, I don't think VIII has been ported there yet, and anything more recent than IX would probably still be too advanced.